Fatal Attraction

Yelling

Image
Edward drove fast to the house. Maddy was becoming car sick, but she knew not to tell him that. Nothing was going to slow him down. He was a man on a mission. He opened the door quickly, and rushed to her side, helping her out of the vehicle. She didn't know what had came over him, but he was a wreck at the moment. He lifted her into his arms, and went in the house at a super speed. Carlisle was waiting in the living room for them. Alice was sitting by but her head was dropped.

Carlisle came over and placed his hands upon Maddy's stomach. His brows burrowed together.

"How long has it been since the two of you. . ."
"Barely a week." Edward said.
"And since your last menstrual cycle?"
"I don't know. . . nearly a month? I never kept track because I never had a reason to." Maddy explained.

Carlisle sighed, as he continued to press in on the small bump. He then raised Maddy's dress above her and starred at it. He had a shocked expression upon his face.

"Remarkable." He said.
"It moved earlier." Maddy said.
"We need to get it out of her. . . now!" Edward said.

Maddy looked at him with a shocked face. Did he just basically say he wanted to ABORT their CHILD?

"Hold on just one second, We're not getting rid of anything." Maddy protested.
"Maddy!" Edward said, "It's no time for discussion, clearly it's. . . growing at a rapid rate."
"And I can't see anything!" Alice said, "I've got a headache just being near you."
"I don't care! I'm not getting rid of it!" Maddy yelled.

About this time Esme walked down the stairs to see what was going on. She saw the fear on Maddy's face and sped up her pace. "What is going on?" She demanded.
"Maddy's pregnant. . ." Carlisle explained.

Esme's face went to horror. "Whose?"
"Mine!" Edward bellowed, not believing his adoptive mother would think that way of Maddy.
"Of course! But-- I. . .uhm. . I don't know what to think." Esme said.
"None of us do." Carlisle said, "I've never heard of anything like it."
"Esme, please tell her we need to get rid of that. . . that thing." He said pointing to her stomach.

Maddy cringed, "That THING is OUR CHILD." She said with rage.
"Madison, please." Edward said, "Try to listen to our reasoning."
"No! I will not listen to your reasoning. THIS IS MY BABY." She said.
"It might hurt you." Edward said, she could feel how sorry he was.
"I don't care." She said.
"It's growing at a rapid pace." Carlisle whispered, walking over to a desk, and taking a seat.

Soon he was jotting down several details.

"We need to do an ultra sound." He said.
"We're not keeping it. No need." Edward said.
"Who says I'M not keeping it?" Maddy ask.
"You can't be serious!"
"I am one hundred percent serious!"
"Madison!"
"EDWARD, THIS IS OUR BABY YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT." She yelled yet again.

He swallowed hard as her words finally sunk in. Somehow-- the two of them had conceived a child. Was that even possibly? Clearly-- but how?

"I just don't want you hurting." He whispered.
"I don't care about pain." She said, and he pulled her into him.

Her stomach was pressed against him, and that's when he felt it. He felt a movement, and jumped back. She moved her hand up and placed it over her stomach. He starred down at her tiny hand, rubbing along her stomach. She smiled, as she looked up at him.

"She. . . should be fully developed within three more weeks." Carlisle noted.
"THREE WEEKS?" Edward ask.
"Yes-- Maddy, has your diet changed?"
"Yes! I eat a lot more, but I assumed it was just because of stress at home."
"Any different foods?"
"Lots of meat. . . and I did notice, that I like it kind of raw. . . like, I never liked any blood in my meat. . . but lately--"
"This is sadistic!" Edward said.
"Shut up!" Maddy said.

Edward sighed.

"I need to run some test." Carlisle said.
"I'll phone the school and let them know that Maddy won't be in today."
"Neither will I!" Edward said.
"Yes. . . go." Maddy said, "No need for you to miss the first day."
"I'm not leaving you." He stated.
"I'll stay with her." Esme said, "They'll think somethings wrong if both of you miss."

Edward groaned. "Fine, But I'll be back at lunch to check in."

He bent down and pressed his lips against her forehead.

"I love you."
"I love you too. . . even though you was being a jerk."

He half smiled, "I'm sorry-- but I just don't want you to endure pain." He said.
"I may not have to." She said.

He sighed, "I'll be back at lunch."
"Okay."

He kissed her one last time, and then he and Alice disappeared. Esme called the school to let them know Maddy wasn't feeling well. Carlisle walked up the stairs and began fixing one of the spare rooms. He had it fixed up like a hospital room in just an hour. Esme walked with Maddy up the stairs, and then laid her back on the hospital bed. Carlisle then placed some jelly on her stomach.

"So, what can we find out through this test?" She ask.
"I'm not entirely sure." Carlsile said, "I've never studied something like this before."

He performed the test, but couldn't get anything. It seemed like the baby was being blocked by something.

"Blocked-- I'm assuming the skin is like ours." Carlisle noted.
"Hard?"
"Yes."

Maddy laid back on the bed, and waited for Carlisle to perform some more test.

This certainly changed EVERYTHING.