Fatal Attraction

Dramatical

Image
After three more hours of test, they had found out nothing. Carlisle was stunned by how protected the child seemed to be in the womb. He licked over his cold lips as he jotted down more facts that he had discovered.

"What do you think the baby likes to eat?" She ask.
"I don't know Maddy."
"I think it's more vampire than human." Maddy said.
"And why do you say that?"
"Because. . . I liked the raw meat-- and it used to disgust me. I honestly think I could just drink blood and it not even gross me out."
"You think so?"
"I do. . . Is that gross?"
"Not at all-- especially if the baby is more vampire than human. It would only be reasonable for that to be true."

Carlisle was about to speak again, but he noticed the doors opened from downstairs.

"Edward?" Maddy ask.
"I believe so-- possibly Rosalie and Emmett as well. They promised to visit once more before they take off for the island."

Edward appeared in the room just a second later. Rushing over to Maddy's side and pulled her into him. He kissed her cheek, forehead, and finally her lips.

"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine." She laughed.
"You're not fine." He whispered.
"I am, stop being so dramatical." She said.

Everything was quiet for a few minutes, before Maddy heard an outburst coming from down the stairs. She recognized the voice from anywhere.

"SHE'S WHAT?" Rosalie yelled.

She could faintly hear Esme trying to explain, but before she knew it, Rosalie was standing over the foot of her bed, starring at her stomach in wonder. The blond vampire, who had always wanted children was amazed.

"What does this mean?" Rosalie ask, "Can I have children too?" She ask.
"No, Rose." Carlisle said, frowning, "Your body doesn't change, so it isn't possible. Maddy isn't frozen in time-- so that's why Edward and she was able to conceive." Carlisle explained.

Rosalie looked hurt for a moment, but then she smiled again, "You're going to have a baby?" She ask Edward, a small smile playing on her lips. It was the first real smile Maddy had ever seen from her. Edward closed his eyes and didn't respond.

"Did I miss something?" Rosalie ask.
"Edward's scared the baby is going to hurt me. . . he thinks it'd be better if we aborted it." Maddy said.
"NO!" Rosalie screamed.
"Don't worry, Rosalie." Edward hissed, "Apparently, you and Maddy share the same thoughts. She won't let me destroy it."
"Thank God!" Rosalie said.

She then pushed her way to Maddy's side. She placed her hands down on her stomach. Maddy was surprised by Rosalie. She had never been the one to come close, but now here she was towering over her, running her hands across her stomach. Rosalie smiled wide, when the baby kicked.

"Such a miracle." Rosalie said sweetly, "Have you thought about names?"
"Rose." Edward said, shaking his head.
"What?" Rosalie ask.

Maddy smiled, "We just realized it this morning." She explained.
"Oh! You look. . . further along."
"I'm predicting the baby will be here in three weeks." Carlisle explained.
"THREE WEEKS?" Rosalie ask happily, "Oh! We've got to be prepared!"

She then skipped out of the room happily. Edward seemed to be upset by this.

"If you change your mind about . . . getting rid--"
"I want this baby." Maddy said, "You should want it too."
"It's not that I don't. . . want it" He said, forcing the words out of his mouth, "I just don't want to see you in pain to get it."
"I won't be in pain, and everything will be fine." Maddy said.
"How can you be so sure, love?" He ask, holding her hand.
"I've saw it. . . A beautiful little boy." She said smiling, recalling her dream from a few weeks ago.
"How do you know it's a boy?" Carlisle ask.
"I dreamed of him-- The dream was years down the road, but very vivid. We were in the meadow. My father was there, along with everyone else. He was playing with Rosalie and Emmett, while Edward and I lay in the grass. He squealed out "Daddy!" and came running into your arms." She said to Edward.
"Dreams sometimes don't come true." Edward said.
"This one will-- I'll see to it."

Carlisle sighed, "She can't go to school. . . and I'm afraid the birth might be different than normal child birth."
"But. . . can't I be changed once I give birth?" She ask.

Edward flinched, when he remembered that in three weeks she would be giving birth-- three weeks of being human?

"It will be painful." Carlisle warned her.
"I'm ready for it."
"Then we need a convincing story."
"You two cannot be serious!" Edward interrupted.
"What can't we be serious about?"
"You're seventeen!"
"You sound like my mother." She countered.
"Finish high school, and then we can uhm. . ."
"No! You would never agree to it again, and there is no way I'm destroying this baby. . . I would never destroy a part of you." She said.

He winced. He wasn't looking at it that way at all. He was looking at it as a monster trying to destroy Maddy from the inside out. It had yet to dawn on him that the two of them had created something beautiful.

"Your father could 'pretend' to be found." Carlisle suggested.
"and I could go live with him! Perfect idea!" Maddy squealed, "No one would think anything of it!"

Edward groaned. Was this really happening? It seemed like it could work-- but was no one concerned about her health? Was no one bothered by the fact that she needed to live through this child birth in order to be changed? What if she couldn't keep her heart beating?
♠ ♠ ♠
Is Dramatical even a word? lol