Fatal Attraction

Corrupted

Image
Maddy held back the tears as she felt Mason kick. The cracking made Edward grit his teeth together beside her. "Carlisle!" He yelled, as he held onto he side. The baby had just cracked a rib.

"Just a little over a week." She said, holding back the tears.
"We can stop it now. . ." Edward whispered.
"Don't be silly. Mason means the world to me." She said.

He smiled as Carlisle walked into the room, and placed some tape over her rib, holding it in place. Her stomach was growing at a rapid pace, and it seemed like Mason was getting stronger with each day that passed. She wouldn't move out of bed now. She just laid there and took whatever the baby tossed at her. Edward could sense how much pain she was in.

"Sing to him, it calms him down when you sing." Maddy said.

Edward smiled lightly, as he laid his head against her bare stomach and began singing.

She smiled as Edward began singing one of his own songs. It was one of the many things that calmed baby Mason down. He seemed to come to a complete halt inside her when he heard Edward's velvety smooth voice. She tangled her hands in his bronze hair as he sung.

"Told you he liked it-- I bet you sung him to sleep." She said.

Edward couldn't help but to chuckle. He placed his lips against her stomach, and pressed lightly. He then moved up to her face, and pressed his mouth against hers in a sweet kiss. She smiled into the kiss.

"You think I'll adjust as well as my father?" She ask.
"I'm not sure. . ." Edward said, not wanting to think about that.
"I think I will-- I'm pretty determined."
"If you think you will. . . then I'm sure you will." He said.
"I want him here for the birth."
"Your father?"
"Yes."
"Maddy. . ."
"He'll be fine. It's his first grand son. I'm sure he'll want to be here."
"I don't know if it's safe."
"It will be. . . He wouldn't hurt me or Mason."

Edward sighed, as he pulled her into his arms. He placed a kiss on the top of her head.

"After he's born. . . can we have our wedding?" She ask.

Edward smiled, "As soon as you want." He said.
"I don't want anything fancy." She said.
"Try telling Alice that." He chuckled.
"We sort of went out of line with things. . ." She giggled.

He laughed, "And I thought I was old fashioned."
"I corrupted you!" She said.

He laughed again, "I've enjoyed every minute of it."

They laid in bed for hours before anyone interrupted them. Alice came walking into the room with a phone in her hand. She handed it to Maddy and then walked out of the room.

"Hello?"
"Hey baby girl."
"Hey Dad!" Maddy said, "How are you?"
"I'm fine-- Jasper and I are having a good time at home."
"I miss you."
"I miss you too sweet heart. How's the little foot ball player?"

Maddy laughed. Her father sworn that the baby was a foot ball player due to his kicking habits.

"He's fine. Edward sung to him earlier and calmed him down."
"That's good."
"Alice told me how well you were doing."
"Jasper told me I was remarkable. Never saw anything like me. He thinks my gift is self control."
"That's great! I want you to be here when Mason is born, dad."
"I wouldn't miss it for the world, and tell Edward not to worry. I wouldn't dare hurt you or Mason."

Maddy smiled, "He knows that dad. He's just over protective!"

She chatted to her father for awhile, and then hung up the phone. He and Jasper would be coming to Forks in a week, which was a few days before the baby was due to arrive. Edward wasn't happy about it-- but he knew Jasper and Emmett would be around to make sure nothing happened.

"You haven't phoned your mother in a couple of days."
"I emailed her this morning." Maddy said.

Edward nodded his head.

"I figured that after the baby is born. . . maybe a couple of months, we could stage some sort of death. You know, dad and I die in a car accident or something. I know I can't keep the charade up with mom forever."
"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Edward said.
"What was she thinking. . . the night we told her we were engaged?" Maddy ask.

He chuckled, "She was questioning if I had smoked pot earlier or something. She thought it was very out of character of me, and couldn't believe you agreed to it."
"Of course, I agreed! I love you." She said.
"She just thought you would wait a bit longer before getting married."

Maddy laughed, "She'd be in a shocker if she knew I was pregnant."
"Especially by a vampire."

She smiled, "I wouldn't have it any other way."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this story only has a few more chapters to go (like seven or eight). But after it's finished, I'm going to start posting my own original vampire fiction, and I'm also going to continue working on my Jacob Black and Bam Margera story. So, it may be awhile before I return with a Cullen story; possibly after my Jacob Black story is finished, and it will probably either be Emmett or Carlisle, I've not decided yet!.

Just a memo if anyone was interested in what's going on with my writings.