Fatal Attraction

Mason

Image
Edward leaned down and pressed his lips against her forehead as the drugs began to kick in. She was talking about things that made absolutely no sense. The only thing that he could recognize that came out of her mouth was a string of "i love yous".

"It's time." Carlisle stated.

Edward nodded his head, as his father began the c-section. He could hear the ripping of her skin, but it didn't even seem to phase her. She didn't look as if she was in pain. Edward clutched onto her hand tightly as he listened to his father work away on her abdominal. Rose gasped from the bottom of the bed.

"Remarkable." Carlisle stated.
"What is that?"
"It's so hard. I can't cut through it. It's protecting the baby." Carlisle stated.

Maddy's eyes shot open just a minute later, and it seemed like the drugs weren't doing as good. She let out a loud scream of agony. Rosalie and Carlisle both stepped back when they saw the hard exterior moving.

Edward's eyes shot over to a machine when he heard the monitor making noises. Her heat beat was fading quickly.

"CARLISLE!" Edward screamed.

Carlisle was too caught up in watching the baby tear through the hard exterior to even notice.

"CARLISLE!" Edward screamed again.
"Change her!" Carlisle said.

Edward sucked in a deep breath, and looked towards his father. He was standing over Maddy's stomach, reaching his hands down and pulling something out of her.

"CHANGE HER, EDWARD" Rosalie yelled.

Edward turned his head back to Maddy who was screaming out in agony. He pressed his mouth next to her throat, and kissed softly, before sinking his fangs into her skin, sending his venom through them.

As he pulled his mouth away from her throat, a sound filled the air.

The crying of a baby.

Maddy was silent, but the monitors continued to go crazy.

"Did I do it right? Is she going to be okay?"
"She's going to be fine." Carlisle stated.
"The monitors!" Edward said, noticing her fading heart beat.
"It's stabilizing. . . She's going to be fine. . . Everything is fine." Carlisle said, patting onto Edward's back, "Go see your son. . . I'll clean her up."

Edward looked over at Rosalie, and saw a little head poking out from a blue blanket. The blond was starring down into the face of a precious baby boy. He heard Rosalie whisper "Hello Mason." and his heart leaped from his chest.

He was a father.

He looked back down at Maddy and smiled, Carlisle said she was doing fine. They had done well with the delivery, and the venom was already circulating through her veins.

"She wasn't even near death-- don't worry. She's going to be fine." Carlisle said.

Edward bent down and pressed his lips against her forehead, as Carlisle pulled a sheet up over her.

"I love you." He whispered in her ear, "You did it. . . our son is beautiful."

He could have sworn that a small smile was on her face at that moment. He sighed, as he walked over to where Rosalie was standing in the corner of the room. He starred down at the small bundle of joy. He was a equal mixture of both Maddy and himself. A full head of hair, and chocolate brown eyes. He had her nose, but everything else about his face was Edward.

"He's so precious." Rosalie said, rocking him in her arms. "You wanna hold him, Dad?" She ask.

Edward smiled, as Rose handed him his son. He placed him in his arms and then looked down at him and grinned. He was beautiful. He walked over and smiled down at Maddy while he held their son in his arms.

"That's your mom." He whispered to Mason. "She's the most amazing woman I've ever met in my life, and she loves you more than anything." Edward said.

"Should we show the world little Mason?" Carlisle ask, "I know Esme is dying to see him."

Edward grinned.

"I'll stay with her." Rose offered, "Take him out there to meet his family."

Edward nodded his head, and began making his exit from the room. He walked down the stairs and into the living room where everyone was. Chris grinned wide when he saw the small baby wrapped up in the blue blanket. Esme was the first to come over. Edward handed the baby over to her and she began placing kisses all over his small face.

"He's so beautiful." She said.
"He is."

Chris came over, and hugged Edward, and gazed down at his grandson.

"His blood isn't as strong as a human." Chris noted.
"It isn't. . . I think because he's only half."
"What should I put in a bottle for him? I'm sure he's hungry." Esme ask.
"I would try baby formula first." Edward said, "But. . . if he doesn't like it then I guess we'll have to go on a strict red diet." He said.
"He's so lovely." Alice said, stroking her finger over his face. "How is Maddy?"
"She's okay."
"I see her future clear again. I guess because Mason isn't attached to her-- I can't see him though. He still sort of gives me headaches when I try."
"I think it's because you've never been a half vampire, half human." Jasper suggested, "That's why you can't see werewolves either. Never been one of them."
"That makes sense." Alice noted, "Speaking of vampires-- You won't believe Maddy's power!" She said to Edward, giggling.

Edward studied her mind, and laughed when a vision came from her.

"Out of all the powers." He muttered.
"What is it?" Emmett ask.
"You'll see for yourself." Alice said, "Trust me! It's pretty funny."