Fatal Attraction

Protector

Image
Aaron didn't know what was going on as he starred deep into the crimson eyes of the only girl he had ever loved. He then heard a loud growl from behind him, and even before he had a chance to turn around, he a pressure on him. He looked down and saw a paw of some sort on his shoulder.

Maddy watched as Jacob ripped Aaron away from her. The wolf and the vampire then rolled around on the forest ground. She watched as Aaron tried to concentrate on causing Jacob pain, but he couldn't. He was too shocked that a werewolf was on top of him, tearing him to shreds. She watched as Jacob quickly pulled Aaron's left arm off, detaching it from his body. Her eyes widened as she watched the horror show in front of her. A true battle between vampire and werewolf-- in which werewolf was kicking vampire's ass.

Jaocb let a loud howl out of his mouth, and then continued to rip through Aaron's body with ease. Maddy heard a sound coming from the forest, and got down to a defensive position. Three other wolves came out of the forest and starred at Jacob as he continued ripping the vampire to shreds. Then one human walked out of the forest. Maddy could tell he was apart of the pack. He smelled just like Jacob did.

"I'm Sam." He introduced.
"Maddy."
"Looks like Jacob found what he was looking for." He said, pointing to the vampire which was in several pieces.
"How did he not kill Jacob? His power. . . it was awful!"
"He used it on Jacob-- and Jacob felt all the pain, but there wasn't anything that was going to stop him from saving you."

Maddy smiled softly. Jacob truly was her protector.

Edward came out of the forest quickly, appearing with Emmett and Jasper by his sides. He looked down at the ground and saw Aaron's body parts scattered across the forest. He then looked over at Maddy and smiled, as he ran over to her, picking her up into his arms and swinging her around.

"Are you okay?" He ask, placing a kiss on her cheek.
"I'm fine-- Jacob saved me."

Edward placed her on the ground and looked over at the wolf. He smiled, and Jacob ran into the woods. He emerged minutes later in his human form.

"That was one hell of a vampire." Jacob said, shaking his head. "What kinda power was that?" He ask.
"He had a power?" Edward ask.
"Yeah-- he inflicted pain. Like that girl from the Volturi."
"And you survived that Jacob?"
"I had no other choice. Maddy was in danger. I endured it to save her." Jacob said.

Maddy smiled, as she let go of Edward and walked over and hugged Jacob. His skin felt like flames against hers. He reluctantly hugged her back, disgusted by her scent, just as she was from his.

"You really are my protector." She mumbled.
"Told you." He said sarcastically.

She moved away from him and smiled, "Thank you, Jacob."
"No problem." He grinned.

Maddy then turned around and her eyes went wide when she realized the whole reason why they were in the forest to begin with. "Mason!" She screamed
"He's fine." Edward said, "Didn't even touch him. Two males took off with him."
"They used him as bait."
"We know. I discovered that once we found them and I read their mind."
"Is he okay? You promise he's okay?"
"He's fine, Rosalie took him home to feed him."

Maddy took in a deep breath, as she looked over and watched Jasper and Emmett start the fire with Aaron's remains.

"I think the troubles are over." She said.

Edward smiled, "I hope the rest of our eternity isn't as dramatic and dangerous as the beginning has been."

Maddy and Edward talked to the pack while Aaron's remains burned. Once everything was burnt to ash, they separated their ways. Maddy hugged Jacob goodbye, and walked towards the house. She truly couldn't wait to get Mason in her arms. She had been scared to death when she thought she may never see her son again.

She walked inside the house and over to where Rosalie held him. She picked him up, and cuddled him close to her.

"I love you so much, Mason." She whispered, brushing her lips against his forehead. She was so relieved to have him back in her arms.

She packed him up the stairs, and laid down on the bed, cuddling him against her. Edward walked into the room, and over to the window, closing and locking it.

"I'm never leaving his sight again." She said, watching him yawn.
"It wasn't your fault they took him."
"It was! Aaron came after me. . . I put our son in danger."
"Don't be silly, Maddy." Edward said, laying beside their son.

They faced each other with the baby in between them. He smiled over at her, "Aaron is taken care of. . . we have nothing to be worried about."
"What if he had friends?"
"I'm sure he didn't."
"But what if he did."
"Then we will take care of them when that time comes."
"I would've been dead if it hadn't been for Jacob."
"I would have got to you. . . nothing was going to happen to you." Edward said.

She sighed, "Am I over reacting?" She ask, touching Mason's cheek.
"A tad bit. . ." Edward said smiling.
"I just want him to be safe." She said.
"He will be. He's got the two most over protective parents ever. I'm pretty sure all of our troubles are behind us. We need to just look forward to the future." He said.

Maddy grinned, "Which is our wedding." She said.
"Yes, our wedding." He said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just one more chapter to go :(!
However I've got a Jacob Black story, and a original vampire story. Once I finish the Jacob Black, I'll possibly do another twilight. Maybe Emmett or Carlisle? Who do you think?