Life Is Beautiful

014.

“Thank you so much for dinner. I can’t tell you much I appreciate it.” Frank spoke to the Straughtens gratefully with a smile on his face.
David Straughten gently helped Frank to his bed and smiled back at him, “You’re welcome.”
Adalinda Straughten walked over to Frank and placed a small kiss on his forehead.
“Mother says, your welcome to eat with us any time and she’s glad you’re here.” Rebecca spoke for her mother and smiled happily at Frank.
Frank looked up at Adalinda and smiled, “Thank you.”

“We’ll leave you to bed, you need your rest Frank.” David Straughten grabbed Adalindas hand and walked out of the room.
Rebecca nodded once to Frank and walked out with her parents.

Rebecca and Adalinda made their way to the kitchen and began picking up the dishes and placing them in the sink to wash.
“I think Frank really likes us.” Rebecca said and grabbed the glasses off the table.
David sat in a chair and sighed comfortably once he was set.
“Yes, I think so too.” He smiled and picked up a book.
“Go ahead and get some rest mother, I’ll pick it up from here.” Rebecca smiled to her mother and politely took the plates from her mom’s hands.
“Rebecca it’s alright. I’ll clean.” She declined her offer but David stopped her.

“She’s right Adalinda. You need your rest for the baby.”
Adalinda sighed and nodded, wiping her hands on a dishcloth.
“Alright. Goodnight.” She kissed Rebecca’s forehead and passed by David, rubbing his hand and smiling before heading off to bed.

“Rebecca, go get your sleep too. I’ll take it from here.” David stood up and set his book down.
“It’s fine father, I’ve got it.” She shook her head and ran the sink.
David rolled up his sleeves and gently nudged Rebecca out of the way, a grin on his face.
“Go talk to Frank, I bet he’s having a hard time falling asleep.”
Rebecca looked at her father confused.
“What do you mean?”
“You look beautiful tonight Rebecca and I know for a fact that it’s not a Jewish holiday and you like the boy in the other room.”
Rebecca was taken back at her father’s statement.
“Go on.” He nodded his head over to her room and smiled before turning back to the sink to wash the dishes.
She closed her mouth and walked over to her room.

“Rebecca.”
She turned around to face her father, “Yes?”
“Be careful, I trust you.”
She nodded and smiled.
She knocked before entering, “Come in.”
She entered the room and shut the door lightly behind her.
Frank was already dressed in his sleep clothes and sitting up in his bed.
Rebecca smiled and walked over to her bed, sitting down and letting her legs dangle over the side.

“I can’t believe what you guys are going through.” Frank shook his head in disbelief and his jaw clenched.
Rebecca sighed and looked out towards the night sky from the small window in their room.
“It’s just life, you can’t let it stop you.”
Frank looked at the young girl sitting in front of him, completely admiring how she could be going through a horrible situation and still manage to keep her head high.
“It doesn’t bother you, at all?” Frank asked, looking at her for any sign of defeat.
“I’ve been ridiculed in public for being Jewish, I’ve been bullied in the streets, but no matter what I’m proud of my religion and if people want to pick on me because of it, they can go ahead. I’m not the one being evil and immoral.”
Her head was held even higher and her legs were crossed, signalizing her confidence.
Frank thought for a second, wondering if he should ask the question.

“All our lives are on the line but knowing that someone who’s taken part in the war isn’t as cruel as Hitler, it gives me hope.” Rebecca smiled, looking over at Frank.
He felt awestruck. He was a symbol of hope for a fifteen year old girl whom he’d just met and managed to gain a sort of feeling toward her.
“You don’t hate the Nazi’s?”
Rebecca thought for a moment and swallowed, “I do. But I can’t dwell on it or plot any sort of revenge. It won’t help. I’ve seen what happens to people who act out their hate and I’d rather not take part in that.”
Before Frank could reply Rebecca spoke again.

“You see Frank, no matter what happens, no matter what anyone does, Hitler will never stop his own reign of terror over Europe and the Jewish people in it.”
“He’ll stop when America blows him halfway to outer space.” Frank mumbled more to himself than Rebecca but she still heard him.

She laughed lightly, without humor.
“I doubt that would even stop him.”

“He will be stopped and this will all end, okay?”
He spoke stern yet sincerely and kept his eyes locked on Rebecca’s.
Rebecca nodded, believing Frank’s every word.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my. So short. So wack. D:
BUT GUESS WHAT!

My friends step-mom's bakery is making a cake for FRANK IERO!
Jamia went to order it today & Frank will be picking it up Friday.
I'm ditching school if I have too!
I WILL MEET HIM!

Isn't that weird?! Amber's bakery?! REALLY?!
:D