Life Is Beautiful

018.

Rebecca sat in the bathroom, giggling silently like a school girl.
Her cheeks were blushing red and her smile was big.
Even after twenty minutes since she’d kissed Frank her heart wouldn’t stop beating so fast.
This feeling was all too new too her and the only way she could react was by laughing like a complete child.
She had looked at him once and then dashed out of the room and shut herself in the bathroom, afraid anyone would see her.
She was completely dazzled whenever she looked at Frank.
That couldn’t help but make her even much more fragile whenever around him.

Frank sat on his bed, completely puzzled, both with himself and Rebecca.
He had taken a tremendous risk just by getting close too her.
The situation they were in wasn’t a joke, so what was he expecting to get out of feeling something for her when this whole war was over?
If it would ever end, that is.
He didn’t regret kissing her, not at all.
It was something he’d been waiting for since the day he laid eyes on her.
Falling in love was seen as weak thing where he came from.
All of his friends saw nothing appealing about it and they’d even get a kick out of watching Frank spending time with his old girlfriend.

Even his father who had spent thousands of hours cheating on his mother saw love as a silly thing people on advertised in novels and art.
A way for people to make money and watch others fall into the pit of hope to find someone who would just never work out.

But ever since Frank had been younger he knew he would fall in love.
It was the number one thing he was looking forward too and waiting for.
No one had ever made his palms sweat as much as Rebecca did.
No girl had ever gotten him to open up so much.
No girl made him feel like she did.

But how could it be? She was just a sixteen year old girl with no knowledge of life and boys.
She could be easily tricked into falling in love with the wrong boy.
The boy who wanted her for all the wrong reasons.
To trick her into falling for a dream but in reality the boy being someone who just wanted to put his hand down her skirt.

The thought had never crossed Frank’s mind.
She was pure and innocent.
The thing men wanted the most to defile and screw over.

Rebecca interrupted through Frank’s thoughts when she peeked her head in the door of their room and spoke.
“Dinner’s ready.”
He nodded and stood up, brushing off his clothes from the little dust that had conjured up.
She closed the door behind her, assuming he would want to freshen up.

“Is Frank joining us tonight?” Adalinda asked, setting the table with Rebecca.
“Yes, I think he’s just freshening up.” She replied meekly and set the forks, spoons and knives in the correct order.
Frank stepped into the front room of the house where Rebecca had finished setting the table.
“You can sit down Frank.” Rebecca said smiling and nodded over to a seat.

He nodded, his expression dumbfounded and roughly sat at the table.
Rebecca giggled quietly and earned a raised eyebrow from her mother.
“Is your dad not joining us?” Frank asked quietly, turning his head in search of David.
“Sadly he’s sick and far too contagious to be around any of us. He doesn’t want to get us sick either so he’ll be eating in his room.” Rebecca said sadly, and served Frank his plate of food.
He nodded and looked over at Rebecca once she sat down at the table.
Her mother began speaking in German, which Frank could not understand.
He watched her walk away with two plates of food in her hand and enter her and David’s bedroom.
“What’s happening?” He asked, clueless.
“My mother’s going to have dinner with my father, I hope you don’t mind being alone with me at dinner.”
His eyes widened and he swallowed, hoping he wouldn’t make a fool of himself during dinner.
“Of course not.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for such the long wait, writers block is dreadful. But I've got a strategy that I'm sticking to from now on with updates. I'll rotate. For example this story won't be updated until my Curtis Ward story Sweet Disposition is updated. That won't be updated until The Only Exception is updated, and so on.
Thanks for reading! Love you, :)