Life Is Beautiful

003 .

Dear Hannah,
I am deeply sorry that I could not tell you anything. I honestly did not know that we would be going into hiding until Father told me when I got home that one night. I remember the date exactly, May 27th, 1942. I'm wondering whether you're curious as to know what hiding is like. I wouldn't say I know it like the back of my hand, but its getting quite comfortable here. The Henry's are ever so nice and are risking their lives and the future of their child for us. It's lovely to know that father has such a close friend, almost like you and I.
When we barely moved in, about a month ago mother would cry herself to sleep at night. It worried me, until father said she was just adjusting. But I have a great secret to confide with you, you must not tell anyone. Theres a chance mother might be expecting. Expecting a child. An actual baby, can you believe that? But it's a great problem as well. Father says it puts us all at risk, but what other choice do we have than to keep the baby? I don't know what its like to have a brother, or a sister. Seeing as I am an only child. What's it like Hannah? You have two siblings.
Hopefully this baby won't be much of a problem. I really do want to have a brother or sister. It gets quite lonely being by myself. Of course I have father and mother, but they're all grown up. I have no one to talk to here. Except Mrs. Henry and I had a talk about whats going on in the world and she informed me that America has joined the war. Maybe this is a good sign, maybe they're going to invade and save us!
Once this wars over, I'm going to become a photographer Hannah. It's going to be wonderful. Father once told me he would get me a camera for my sixteenth birthday. But now that we're in hiding, I'm not so sure it will happen.
It seems as if I'm living my life in a box. I can't ever leave or else the consequences could destroy me. Why are people so cruel? Especially the Germans. Discriminating us because we're Jewish is completely absurd! I don't criticize or treat anyone with a different religion or a different race like they're inferior. I just wish the world wasn't crumbling around our youth. Or that Hitler was ever elected. He's a crazy and evil man, and I believe he has no good in him.
But yet I still have hope that this will be all over soon. And that the rest of us Jews can live our lives in peace. I have to go now Hannah. Until we meet again.
Love Rebecca.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a letter Rebecca would send to her best friend .
Hope you enjoy .
Comments ?