Life Is Beautiful

004 .

Rebecca's sparkling blue eyes glistened in the moonlight as she stared out of the tiny window in her room, located in the basement.
Thoughts cascaded her mind and she hadn't realized that she wouldn't see her friends, be able to go outside, or see anyone else but the Henry's and her family for a long time.
The letter she had written to her best friend Hannah couldn't be sent, her father forbid it.
It was too much of a risk and it could tip off the fact that they were hiding and they could easily be caught. Slow tears ran down her pale face and she quickly wiped them away not wanting to look weak by her family.
Rebecca felt like she needed to be strong and hold her own weight with everyone else struggling. She didn't know that her father had been standing in her doorway the whole time she was thinking.
David Straughtens heart broke every time he saw his daughters face, he knew what was happening in the world. His hope was slowing everyday, but he was grateful for what he had at the moment and how lucky his family was.

He knew his daughter had so much to live for, but it had to be put on hold during this terrible war. All he wanted to do was scoop up his daughter and wife and hold them telling them it would be alright.
His footsteps were silent as he walked over to Rebecca and sat next to her on the small trunk placed in front of the window.
"I used to look up at the sky when you were just a small baby and pray to God that you're life would be easier than mine was. You know your grandfather was in the war, and I barely got to see him growing up. He always wanted me to be just like him. A strong, independent, and gallant man. I was nothing he wanted me to be. I'm not strong, I'm not independent and I'm not gallant. I used to tell myself that I would never be that kind of father. I would always be there for my kids. I would love them unconditionally and without judgment. And I would let you be who you are."
Rebecca watched her father in admiration, and disagreed with what he was saying about himself.
She shook her head and turned towards her father, "In my eyes you're extremely strong, independent and gallant. You're much more than that. You've raised me to be who I am, and I love you much more than you'll ever know. You're my hero father, don't you ever forget that."
Rebecca pulled at her fathers heartstrings and he felt his eyes sting at his words. The little girl in front of him had grown up so fast and he knew that in her mind everything that was going on was completely clear to her.
"I know you're worried father and it's alright. But I'm scared for mother. And for whats going to happen to us." She whispered her last sentence and the tears flew down her face again.
The sting of tears in Mr. Straughten's eyes had been replaced as tears were falling down his broken face.
"I'm scared too. It's alright to be scared. But nothing is going to happen to us, do you hear me?" He gently grabbed her face in his hands and looked her dead in the eye.
"I love you and your mother too much to let anything happen to the both of you. We're safe, and we will be safe for as long as we want too." She nodded and closed her eyes but his voice caused her to open them again.
"Now you listen to me, I would sacrifice everything I have just to have you safe in my arms. I will not let anything happen to you, you understand?" His voice was soft, but held a fierce tone under it all and she believed every word he said.
"I love you so much father." She cried and snuggled into his chest.
He wrapped his arms around her fragile body and cried, "I love you too my sweet Rebecca."
They both held each other and cried under the pale moonlight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fourth update . I really hope you like it . Comments ?