Life Is Beautiful

005 .

"Rebecca dear, can you pass the salt?"
Rebecca nodded and handed her mother the salt while trying not to make so much noise.
Dinner was quiet this night since the Henry's had people over for dinner.
Rebecca felt like she had to hold her breath because her heart was thumping so loud and her hands were sweating.
She fumbled with her fork while trying to eat her food.
Mr. Straughten placed his hand over his daughters, and gave her a reassuring smile.
"It's all fine. They can't hear us if we're as quiet as we are right now." He whispered and squeezed her hand one last time.

She nodded giving her father a weak smile back and taking one last deep breath before continuing with dinner.

&&&

"Rebecca, have you ever kissed a boy?" Hannah asked Rebecca while walking home from school.
Rebecca laughed and shook her head, "Please Hannah. Boys are nothing but a distraction. I Rebecca Straughten have never had a school girl crush on a boy ever!"
Hannah laughed and rolled her eyes, "Oh please Rebecca. What about Yamen? You liked him!"
"Oh no. I said he had a pleasant smile, but that was only when he gave me a pencil in class."
"Alright Rebecca. If you say so." Hannah shrugged and looked over the lake they were walking by.
"Have you ever kissed a boy Hannah?" Rebecca asked and turned her head back towards her friend.
"I wish. Mother says its undignified to fool around with boys in such ways. But we live in a different time. She never touched a man before father. At least I don't think she did."
Rebecca nodded and shrugged, "I guess they just follow what they're parents taught them. But to be honest, I want to live life without a man for the most part. I want to see the world for myself without anyone tagging along and taking my attention from the wonderfulness of life."
Hannah laughed and lightly pushed her friend, "Just wait Ms. Straughten, you'll fall in love with someone real soon."
Rebecca smiled and the sarcasm was evident in her voice, "Oh, for sure."


There was a loud thud outside of Rebeccas room that had woken her.
She pushed the covers off of her and quietly walked towards her door, opening it just enough to sneak a peek.
The Henry's and her parents all gathered around something while harsh and nervous whispers were said within they're circle.
She heard a loud groan and a small cry of pain, her heart beat was pacing faster as she stepped out of her room and crept towards her family.

"I need a towel, pliers, and my antibiotic that's inside my room! Adalinda please get those for me!" Rebeccas father shouted towards her mother and she ran to their room.
Rebecca hurried over to her father, "Father! What's happening?"
She still couldn't see what, or who they were huddled around. Maybe Mrs. Henry was having trouble with her pregnancy.
Her father was startled by the sound of his daughters voice and turned around to face her.
"Rebecca, go back to your room." He said sternly and blocked her view.
"Father, what's going on?" The confusion was getting worse and she had no idea what was going on.
He grabbed her shoulders and pushed her towards her room, "Rebecca, listen to me. Go to your room now!"
She tried to move her head towards the mystery, and she heard another cry of pain.
"David! We need you!" Peter Henry's voice was filled with worry and slight panic.
"Your room. Now." He stared straight into Rebecca's eyes and moved her one last time.
"Here David." Mrs. Straugten handed Mr. Straughten his things.
"Thank you, please get Rebecca to her room Adalinda!"
Mrs. Straughten rushed over to her daughter and tried pushing her into her room.
"Mother, what's happening?!" Rebecca started to full on panic and she felt her mind spinning with confusion.
"Rebecca, get in your room now!" Her mother gave her one last small push but couldn't prevent her daughter from catching a glimpse of a wounded man on the floor withering in pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH EM GEE ! WHO COULD IT BE ? Hehee , [: