‹ Prequel: I'll Remember You
Status: SEMI-HIATUS

Assurance Closure

.Dressy.

Brooke lay awake in her bed, unable to sleep at all.

She couldn't stop thinking of the next night.

The night she had a date with Oliver Sykes. she tossed and turned under her sheets unable to calm her racing mind.

She was, after all, still in love with Oli.

____________________________________________________________

Oli lay awake in bed, going to sleep sober for the first time in forever.

He lay awake and just thought about the next night. He made last minute reservations at a nice restaurant and was planning on buying Brooke a nice dress.

He took a deep breath let it out and finally fell asleep.

____________________________________________________________

Brooke awoke to her daughter jumping on her bed.

"Mommy! Daddy sent you a dress!!!" Brooke smiled and stood up. She walked to the front door and signed the paper and then the man handed her a bag. Brooke offered him a polite smile and then shut the door.

"Is mommy going out with daddy tonight?" Brooke smiled.

"Yes honey."

"Do I get to come?" Brooke bit her lip.

"Well honey if you come, then you won't get to see Mister Curtis." Embry smiled.

"Mister Curtis is coming over?"

"Mmhmm." she grinned wider.

"Okay. I'll stay then." Brooke smiled and spend the whole day trying to get ready.

As in calming her nerves, getting dressed, making sure that Embry was fine.

Brooke hadn't gotten into her dress yet, but her hair was wavy and fixed, and her make up was done when there was a knock on the door. She opened it to reveal a tall and lanky Curtis. He gave her a smile.

"Ello Brooke. 'ow 'ave you been?" she gave him a small smile.

"I've been okay.You know, just raising a three year old." he paused and looked at her.

"Can I ask you somethin'?"

"Sure."

"Is she Oli's?" Brooke sighed and nodded.

"Yeah. She is."

"Does 'e know?"

"Yeah."

"Does she?"

"Yeah." every time she answered her voice got softer and softer.

"Brooke..."

"I'm fine Curtis." she said waving him away. She turned and walked to Embry's room.

"Em, guess who's here?" there was a sudden pitter patter of small running feet and she was out of her room and jumping onto Curtis.

"Mister Curtis!" she said tackling him to the ground. Curtis laughed.

"Why 'ello there you. 'ow 'ave you been?"

"I've been good. Daddy came over yesterday." Curtis smiled and looked at Brooke who smiled back.

"Did 'e now? Do you have fun with your dad?"

"Yesss I do. Mommy and him are going out tonight."

"That's right."

"Mister Curtis?"

"Yes?"

"My mommy has some pictures of you."

"Well I imagine so."

"She says that they were taken before I was born."

"Well your mum was a really good and semi-famous photographer when she lived in New York." the tots eyes widened.

"Mommy used to live in New York?" she said in awe. Curtis laughed.

"Yes she did."

"Mommy why-"

"Embry, let your mum get ready to see your daddy. He's supposed to be 'ere soon." Embry nodded and then dragged Curtis off to her room. Brooke smiled and then walked into her room and pulled out the dress that Oli had gotten her. She slipped it on.

It was a black spaghetti strap dress that ended right above her knees. She slipped on some black stiletto's and then looked at herself in the mirror. How Oli had been able to guess her size was amazing. She heard a knock on the door and walked to answer it, taking deep breaths to calm her nerves. She opened the door and felt her heart leap into her throat.

There he stood. In his crisp black long sleeved dress shirt and white square bottomed tie, black slacks and black converse. He held a bouquet of red tulips in his hands.

"Hello Oli." she smiled and he gave her a grin back.

"My God Brooke, you look beautiful." Brooke blushed.

"Thank you Oli. You look very handsome." he grinned again and walked in giving her the flowers. There was then a blur and Oli had a small girl standing in front of him. Her eyes were wide and she smiled.

"Mommy and daddy both look very pretty." Oli and Brooke smiled. Curtis was holding a digital camera.

"Just a few pictures?" he said and Brooke and Oli looked at each other. They then stood next to each other and Curtis took a picture. Oli stood behind Brooke and wrapped his arms around her waist and his chin rested on her shoulder. Curtis took a picture and then Brooke and Oli had to leave.

"Embry, be good for Curtis okay?"

"Okay Mommy." she gave her daughter a hug and then she and Oli were out the door.

Oli looked over at her and etched the way she looked in his mind. She was so breathtakingly beautiful.

And he was going to be able to look at her all night.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts??

to let you all know, I have fifteen chapters written. that is to say, there are five more just sitting in my drafts. : )

is that good incentive? : )))))