‹ Prequel: I'll Remember You
Status: SEMI-HIATUS

Assurance Closure

.Oli's Family.

Embry's eyes were glued to the T.V.

"MOMMY!!!! Daddy's on the T.V.!" Brooke walked into the room and there was the video for Chelsea Smile.

"Yes he is, baby." the three year old watched the screen with wonder.

"Mommy, is daddy coming over later?"

"Yes he is. But honey, there's something your daddy and I need to talk about first, okay?" the girl nodded and Brooke forced a smile.

It was going to be hard.

Brooke, she didn't know what to do. She hadn't exactly been with Oli ever when they were on tour. She'd love to go with him, but she still stuck to the idea that it would be best if they didn't go.

Embry didn't need to know about how her dad partied. she didn't need to know about the weed. She just didn't need to know the life he lived.

there was a knock and Brooke got up from her spot on the couch and walked to the door, letting Oli in. He greeted her with a kiss and then walked to where Embry was. Brooke could smell the scent of weed on his clothing. She sighed, taking his hand and taking him into her room. She shut the door and they sat on the bed.

"Oli, we need to talk about a few things." He nodded.

She took a deep breath and let it out.

"Look, I understand that you like to party, I don't expect any less from you. But you have to think about our daughter now. You can't get drunk and high all the time. That's no environment for a young girl."

Oli ran his hand through his hair.

Brooke kept her gaze on him.

"Brooke, it's 'arder than you know." Brooke shook her head.

"No, it's not that hard. God, if you won't do it for just me, then do it for Em! She doesn't need a father who's tokeing it up all the time!" Oli looked at her with narrowed hazel eyes.

"Ya used to be fine with this. Ya used to sometimes do it too."

"Exactly Oliver! USED to. That was before I got pregnant and had our daughter. I had to grow out of that lifestyle for her before I was ready to. Do you think I was ready to be pregnant at age twenty-one? To be a mom? I didn't even know how to be one! My parents aren't the shining fucking example!"

Brooke felt the hot tears come to her eyes. Oli looked down.

"Brookie....I don't know 'ow to change. I've lived like this for years-"

"You think I knew how to change? No. But I knew I had to." she sighed, looking down.

"Bu....I..I-"

"Oliver. I don't want you in Embry's life if you can't sober up." His eyes widened.

"What...you're tellin' me I can't see my daughter until I stop?!"

"That's exactly what I'm saying Oliver. I don't want her exposed to that constantly. she....she deserves better." A flood of emotions came over both of them.

"But Brooke-"

"Oliver, you smoked some before you came here. I can still smell it on you. And I tasted it when we kissed." he looked down, some tears in his eyes.

"Brooke, you can't know how 'ard this is. Gettin' fucked up is a part of who I am."

"So is being Embry's father." she said softly. he sighed and they sat on the bed. He looked at her his eyes pleading.

"Brooke. I can't promise anythin' on this tour. But when I get back, I promise you that I"ll be the father that Embry deserves."

Brooke bit her lip and sighed, knowing that what she was asking was harder for him than it was for her.

"Okay." he smiled and lent in, kissing her lovingly on the lips.

Their lips moved against each others and he cupped her face, pulling her closer. She pulled him closer by his neck and his hands wrapped around her waist. She pulled away and smiled and he grinned back. They walked out to the room where Embry was.

"Daddy! You were on the T.V.!" she said with a grin.

"I were?" he asked, mock shocked.

Brooke laughed, and Embry nodded fiercely.

"Yeah! You was screaming." he smiled. "Daddy?"

"Yes honey?"

"Do you still have a mommy and daddy?" he looked at her confused.

"Yes I do." the girls eyes widened, and a smile came across her face.

"Really?!"

"Well, yeah."

"Mommy don't have any."

Oli looked at Brooke, his eyes widening. She looked down and he got up, encasing her in a hug.

"I'm sorry I weren't there." he said softly. she shook her head, ignoring the tears falling down her cheeks.

"I didn't tell you." Embry walked over and her parents got down to her level.

"Mommy don't cry. Daddy's mommy and daddy can help." Brooke bit her lip.

In all honesty she hadn't met Oli's parents before. she didn't know how they'd react to her, and then having a grandkid they knew nothing about? She knew she'd freak out if it happened to her.

"Daddy? Can we go see your mommy and daddy?" Oli smiled.

"Sure. Go get dressed. I'm gonna to talk to your mommy for a bit."

"Okay!" she smiled and ran off.

Oli turned to the frowning Brooke. He wrapped his arms around her and she hugged him back.

"No worries love. They'll love ya, I swear it." Brooke shook her head.

"How could they? I'm the reason their son was so messed up for almost four years. And then for them to meet the girl who messed him up? AND to find out that he has a daughter, that even he didn't know about? I'm pretty sure that sets me up for disliking." he laughed.

"The guys took you back."

"But that's different." she argued, pulling away looking into his eyes.

Oli smiled at his beautiful girlfriend, and mother of his child.

"I love ya. They'll love ya." she bit her lip.

"What about Tom?"

"What 'bout 'im?"

"What if he-"

"Don't matter love. I love ya. In the end, isn't that all that matters?" he smiled, stroking her face softly.

Brooke could feel the color rush to her cheeks, and she touched his face softly. she leaned up and brushed her lips against his softly. Oli responded by pulling her closer by placing his right hand around her neck and pulling her closer. His placed his other hand around her back and at her hip, pulling her body to him. They fell into the door to her room, and he opened it. They slipped inside and fell onto the bed. his lips moved more heatedly against hers and his hands slipped under her shirt. her hands were under his shirt, rubbing up and down his torso. she felt him moan slightly in the kiss and Brooke smiled. there was a slight noise outside the door and they jumped away.

"I forget at times that there isn't just us 'ere." he said quietly. Brooke laughed quietly.

"It's okay....How long do you think that we'll be at your parents house?" Oli bit his lip.

"Three days?" she nodded and walked out to where Embry was waiting.

"Guess what honey?"

"What?" the girl asked, her hazel eyes filled with wonder.

"We're spending the night at grandma and grandpa Sykes house." the girl smiled. "Daddy will be in your room shortly to help you pack." she nodded and Brooke smiled. Embry ran off and Oli smiled.

"They'll love her." he said, lacing his fingers with Brooke's. she smiled and kissed him softly.

"I hope they'll like me too." she said quietly. he smiled, touching her cheek softly, giving her a soft kiss.

"They will." he said and she smiled, not completely convinced.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?