‹ Prequel: I'll Remember You
Status: SEMI-HIATUS

Assurance Closure

.English Lads.

Oli looked at the little girl. She had so many features like Brooke, but then so many like Oli himself.

"Where's your mum, Embry?"

"She said she forgot her pounds. What are pounds?" Curtis laughed softly.

"It's the money we use 'ere."

"Ohh. I have some money from Huntington." she pulled out four quarters.

"'ow much is that?" Curtis asked. Embry grinned.

"A dollar. Mommy also said that three of them is me English and the fourth one is me
American." she grinned and all of them got a slight laugh out of it.

"So four of these is me, and three are you?" Curtis asked. Embry nodded.

"Yup. Mommy, says that your accents are pretty." They all laughed again.

"Where is your mum?" Curtis asked, looking and seeing no one around.

"She said that she'd be right back. Mommy takes pictures." Oli couldn't help but think that all of this sounded like Brooke, but what would she be doing here?

Last he checked, she was avoiding him. He even tried to call her, but the number had changed.

"What's your full name Embry?" Curtis asked.

"I'm Curtis Ward."

"My name is Embry Holly Richards. Mommy says I have another last name, but it's too hard for her to explain so I just use Richards." the blood froze in Oli's veins.

"R-Richards?" he managed to choke out. Embry nodded.

"Yep."

They all exchanged looks. That's when Matt K's cell went off.

"'ello?"
"Yeah."
"Ohhh."
"yeah."


"'ey guys our shoot isn't until tomorrow. So we gotta go." Curtis turned his attention to the little girl again.

"Will you be okay by yourself?"

"Yessir." she said nodding. Curtis smiled.

"Alright, it was good meetin' you, Embry."

"You too Mister Curtis." she waved and then the guys walked off. As soon as they were out of sight, Brooke came around the corner.

She hadn't witnessed anything though.

____________________________________________________________________

Brooke crouched next to her daughter. Embry wasn't going to tell Brooke about seeing the guys. She wanted to see them again.

"Embry, did you talk to anyone?" she shook her head and Brooke smiled. She put the money in the machine and out popped a water.

"Come-on honey, we have to get back. They're ready for us." Embry nodded and took her mothers hand, smiling at the fact she had met her daddy.

"Em, just sit here okay?" the tot nodded and Brooke gave her a coloring book and some crayons. Embry went to the back of the book where there were some blank pages and began to draw the five guys that she had met.

Brooke focused on the photoshoot, happy that she didn't have to know the bands she was going to be shooting until she did. Four hours later she and Embry were on their way to their new home.

"Wanna help mommy unpack?" the little girl nodded, her slightly wavy hair moving against her tiny shoulders. Brooke could only smile at her.

She reminded her so much of Oli, and she wished she could tell him about her. She wished she would've told him about her.

But Brooke had decided that things were better this way. She had no idea how to tell him that he had a three year old daughter.

"Mommy?"

"Yes hon?"

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Brooke laughed softly.

"Of course you can sweetie." Brooke then unpacked her kitchen things, then moved on to Embry's room. She'd take things out and let Embry put them where she wanted them.

"Mommy, do you think I'll like it here?" Brooke smiled.

"I do. I know I did when I was your age."

"You lived here?"

"No. But I used to visit when I was younger. This is where my mom is from."

"Really? Gramma Sabine is from here?" the tot's eyes widened.

"Yes." Brooke said softly. She blinked away the tears and then focused on her tot.

"Now, Embry it's getting late and I think it's time for your bath. We have a longer day tomorrow." she nodded and raced to the bathroom. Brooke grabbed a towel out of a box and the shampoo and soap out of her bag she had at the airport. She walked into the bathroom where Embry was already filling up the tub.

"Mommy?"

"Yes honey?"

"Do you think I can be with you at work again tomorrow?"

"I don't think so honey."

"But why? I wanna be with you Mommy!" the tot said tears coming to her eyes. Brooke caved.

"I'll see what I can do, okay?" Embry nodded and the tears immediately faded.

Brooke laughed, thinking how young children have that ability. Once Embry was finished, Brooke put her p.j.'s on her and then changed into her own. She climbed into the newly furnished bed, that she had put sheets on right after Embry's bath. Embry cuddled closer to her mother.

"Nighty night mommy."

"Good night sweetie." she kissed Embry's head and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise you that they're going to meet up soon! : )

comments?