‹ Prequel: I'll Remember You
Status: SEMI-HIATUS

Assurance Closure

.Hello.

The next morning found Brooke Richards extremely jet lagged. She woke up and took a quick shower. She never took baths anymore. Too many memories of Oli.

She poured herself a cup of coffee and then got changed. She woke-up Embry and then got her changed too.

"Mommy, I wanna see those pretty boys in those pictures." she said while they were in the cab on the way to Brooke's job.

"The one's from yesterday?" Embry nodded

"Well we might see them honey. But don't be disappointed if we don't, okay?"

"Okay mommy."

The rest of the ride was quiet. When the cab stopped Brooke and Embry got out of the car and walked into the building.

"Miss Richards, your daughter will have to stay in our childcare facilities until you are finished at work."

"She can't come just one more day?" the woman bit her lip.

"She's not supposed to."

"I won't be any trowble I pwmiss." Embry said, sounding more young. The lady sighed.

"Fine. But this is the last day." Brooke and Embry nodded and then headed back to the set where she'd be shooting today.

"Who are we shooting first?" Brooke said smiling.

"Well...."

_________________________________________________________________

Oli stepped out of the cab and was followed by Curtis. in front of them there was a cab that had held both of the Matt's and Lee.

"Ready for the shoot?" Matt asked collectively.

"No." Oli said. He had a hangover from the previous night.

In fact, there wasn't a night in a little over three years that Oliver Sykes could remember waking up without a hangover.

He had been drinking himself into oblivion so he would forget Brooke.

He had drunk more the night before because of the little girl.

"Oli, mate it isn't wise to come to a shoot 'ungover."

"Shut the fuck up. It doesn't bloody matter. They won't care and they can make it look like I wasn't!" he huffed and stormed inside.

He walked the maze-like hallways until he was in the studio, followed by his band mates.

They all paused, waiting for the current shoot to finish. They were whisked away to wardrobe and make-up and soon were waiting for the light tests to finish up. Curtis saw the little girl from the day before, perched on a stool coloring. she looked up and saw him. A grin broke out on her face and she hopped down, running to him.

"Mister Curtis." she said happily and Curtis crouched down to her level.

"Why 'ello Embry. You here with your mum again?"

"Yesss. Although the lady at the front said that I can't come anymore." she pouted. Curtis laughed.

"I'm sorry love." Embry beamed.

"But that's oaky, I don't want mommy to lose her job and then we have to go back to Huntington." Curtis smiled at her. Oli felt the sudden feeling of the hangover leave his body.

Their photographer had just walked back in, and from behind looked just like Brooke.

"Embry?" the woman called out.

Oli felt his heart stop and his lungs collapse.

She sounded just like his Brooke too.

"Embry, honey where'd you go?"

"I'm over here mommy!" she called out and waved. Brooke rushed over, not looking at who she was with. She scooped up her daughter and scolded her.

"Now what did mommy tell you?"

"Not to leave that spot. But mommy-"

"Yes I did, and what did you do?"

"I left the spot. but mommy-" Brooke looked over at the group.

"I'm sorry was she..." she trailed off seeing who they were.

"See mommy, I was trying to tell you. It's them pretty boys from those pictures." Embry said matter-of-factly. Brooke felt the same things as Oli had.

"H-hi." she said softly. Curtis gave a soft "Ello." Lee and the Matt's gave a slight wave. Oli did nothing but look at her.

"Mommy?"

"Honey, go color okay?" she set the tot down and Embry ran to the stool. Lee, the Matt's and Curtis walked over to Embry leaving Brooke and Oli alone.

"Ello Brooke." he said softly.

"Hi Oli." she whispered.

_______________________________________________________________________


Brooke held the camera up to her eye, and Oli made a face.

"Oliiii" she whined. He grinned.

"You have to stay and be serious."

"Babe, it's hard to. With you standing there all sexy with your camera." Brooke grinned and shook her head.

"Oli, the sooner we finish up, the sooner we can get to 'us time' "

He grinned at the thought then made the face that he had to for the photos. She snapped some and then the shoot was over. It had been outside with natural lighting, so she only had to pack up her camera equipment.

Brooke felt a pair of arms wrap around her. She grinned and turned only to be face-to-face with the hazel eyes that made her melt.

"I believe it's 'us time' right now, yeah?" he asked as he lent down and placed a soft kiss on her lips. She grinned and her hands tangled in his mop of brown hair.

"Mmm...yeah. It certainly is." he grinned and pulled her closer.

"Brooke, have I ever told you how wonderfully brilliant and beautiful you are?" she laughed softly and placed another kiss on his soft lips.

"Mmhmm. But I don't mind hearing it again." he smiled and pulled her even closer.

"Ah, Brooke. I love you." she blushed and buried her face in his neck, kissing it softly once.

"I love you, too, Oliver."
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?