‹ Prequel: I'll Remember You
Status: SEMI-HIATUS

Assurance Closure

.Photographs.

Brooke looked at Oli, and she felt tears come to her eyes.

He was just as breath-taking as ever.

Oli took a good look at Brooke. Her hair was now all black and her body was thinner.

"Brooke." he said softly, not knowing what to say.

"Oli." she said softly back. she didn't know what to say either.

It's not like either one of them planned on seeing the other again, although both had secretly hoped it.

"Brooke, 'ow 'ave you been?" Oli started, attempting to make conversation.

"I'm okay. Just busy with a three year old and my job."

"She's really beautiful Brooke." Brooke smiled and without thinking responded,

"I think she looks more like her dad." She immediately regretted it. Oli looked at her, a look in his eyes she couldn't decipher.

"Who is her dad?" Brooke shook her head.

"We need to get the shoot started." Oli opened his mouth so say something but she shook her head again and walked off. Oli sighed and shut his mouth and followed her.

The next forty five minutes consisted of her taking various shots of them together and single shots. When their shoot was over, Brooke collected her purse and Embry and walked out the door. Oli just watched as she left and decided that he would talk to her.

He didn't catch a cab in time, but he did find out her address and decided that he would visit her tonight.

He needed to know why she left him.

______________________________________________________________________

Brooke walked in the door of her new home and sighed. Today had drained her. She kept thinking that Oli would show up unexpectedly. She finally decided that he wouldn't and then it was time to go home. She was thankful about not having to work the next day.

She was making a salad for her and making some veggie bites for Embry when there was a knock on her door. Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion and she walked to the door and opened it. There stood Oliver Sykes.

"Brooke, we need to talk."

"Oli, right now isn't the time. I'm-"

"Stop fuckin' avoidin' me!" he yelled.

Brooke felt tears come to her eyes and she ran from the door, and Embry walked to it. She
looked up at the highly inked man and then to her mom. Her hazel eyes narrowed.

"You're make my mommy cry." she said. The man looked down and then crouched down to her level.

"I need to talk to your mum but she won't let me talk to her." The little girl looked at him and then ran off quickly. Oli sighed and then stepped inside. The little girl ran back and stood in front of him.

"Come here." she demanded and pointed down.

Oli couldn't help but smirk. He crouched back down and Embry held up a picture next to his face. She looked from the picture, then to him, then back to the picture. She touched a spot on the picture and then on his face, which landed on one of his lip rings.

"You don't have this on in this." she stated.

Oli looked at the girl then took the picture. It was the last one that he and Brooke had taken together. They were sitting on his couch and Curtis had been the one to take it. They were looking at each other lovingly and Oli felt the pain rip through his chest again.

"No, I don't." He wiped a stray tear from his face and then heard Brooke moving around in the kitchen.

"Em! You're dinner's ready!" Brooke poked her head out and was shocked to see Embry and Oli on the ground together. Face to face, they looked more alike than Brooke had originally thought.

"Oh, Oli. Uhm...do you want to stay? I can make you a veggie burger." Oli thought a moment.

"Sure." Embry hid her smile and then ran to the couch. Brooke stuck two patties in the oven and then brought Embry her plate.

"Mommy, are you going to eat now?"

"Not yet honey. but you can start." the little nodded.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Can we watch Belle?" Brooke smiled.

"Of course." she put in The Beauty and the Beast DVD and then went back to the kitchen.

She pulled out the two cooked patties and put buns on them. She then brought out her salad. Oli was sitting on one side of Embry and Brooke sat on the other. She handed Oli his plate and then started eating.

Oli just watched the little girl.

He knew in his gut that she was his.

_____________________________________________________________________


"Brookie, I wish we could have many days like this. Just laying here under the stars, in each other's arms forever."

"The stars are like diamonds in the sky, huh?" he smiled into her hair and kissed her head.

"Yeah."

They sat there, just watching the sky, and soon they were watching the rising of the sun. Brooke laughed and Oli looked at her.

"What?"

"I didn't know we were out here this long, and now the sun is risin'." he smiled and kissed her cheek.

"It's so beautiful Oli. Have you ever seen anything as beautiful as it?" he only grinned and murmured in her ear.

"I've only seen one thing, and it's the one thing that I 'ave." she blushed and turned to face him.

He grinned and gave her a soft kiss. When they pulled away she yawned. He smirked and got up then helped her up. They made their way to his flat and once inside Brooke stripped out of everything but her panties. She pulled on a big t-shirt of Oli's. He stripped and then pulled on a t-shirt and sleep pants. They both climbed under the covers.

"Goodnight baby." he whispered and kissed her on her neck behind her ear.

"Goodnight Oli." she said sleepily and gave his neck a soft kiss and then they both fell into a peaceful slumber
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been really busy lately. :/

tell me what you think? : )