‹ Prequel: I'll Remember You
Status: SEMI-HIATUS

Assurance Closure

.Calls.

Hours later, Embry was asleep on the couch, her head in Oli's lap. Brooke was in the kitchen cleaning up. She walked out and couldn't help but smile at the sight. She walked over and picked her up. Embry curled into her mother and Brooke walked with her to her room. She changed Embry into her p.j.'s and then turned to see Oli standing behind her. He gave her a soft smile, walked into the room and gave Embry a soft kiss on her forehead.

Brooke felt her chest swell with emotion at the sight. Oli walked out and Brooke shut the door. Oli and Brooke sat on the couch, facing each other, one cushion between them.

"Is...is Embry mine?" Brooke bit her lip.

"Embry's full and legal name is Embry Holly Richards-Sykes." Brooke looked down.

"But she only told us Richards." Oli said softly. Brooke sighed.

"That's because people would always ask me why. I didn't want to have to explain that her father knew nothing about her and that he was halfway across the world."

"Brooke! I would've liked to know that I have a daughter." she felt tears come to her eyes.

"I know and I'm sorry Oli."

"Is...is that why you left me?" he asked her, the memory of that day etched into his brain.

"No. I didn't know until later." she said softly.

"So....so why did you leave me?" he asked her, his eyes dead set on her.

"I was scared Oli. I was so fucking terrified." she said, the tears now coming down her cheeks.

"What were you scared of? That you didn't love me?"

"No! I was scared of how much I loved you!" she said, tears cascading down her cheeks. Oli looked at her and saw nothing but regret and truth in her eyes.

He sighed.

"Brooke, this...this is too much." he said standing up.

"I understand." she said softly.

Oli sighed and stood up. He placed a slip of paper in her hands, and walked out the door. Brooke then curled up in a ball and cried harder and more than she had since she walked out of his life. She looked at the slip of paper and saw a phone number. She sniffed and then under it she read:

No matter how I leave, please ring me sometime.

she felt fresh new tears come to her eyes.

She wiped the tears away and sighed. She debated on whether or not to call him. She shook her head.

Not yet,

she couldn't call him just yet.

_____________________________________________________________________

Oli looked at his feet as he walked down the block. He didn't want to go home, not just yet.

He kept checking his cell to see if she had called.

He sighed and then finally decided to walk home.

He opened a bottle of Jager and began to drink himself into oblivion. It was hours later
when he finally passed out.

Oli awoke by the ring of his cell phone.

"Fuckers." he mumbled. it stopped. and then started again.

"Bloody fuckin' hell." he stood up and stumbled to the phone.

"Ello?!" he said slightly annoyed and with anger in his voice. There was a slight sniffle on the other end. He recognized it as a young girl.
"Ello?" he said softer.
"Mister Oli?" the voice said softly.
"Embry?" he said softly.
"Mommy is really sad."
"Love, there's nothing I can do."
"But there's pictures of you and mommy happy."
"That was before you were born."
"Why can't you make mommy happy?"
"Honey. It's up to your mum whether or not we end up happy."
"I want mommy to be happy."
"Well I don't know what to tell you."
Oli paused a beat.
"Embry, where is your mum?"
"She's sleeping."
"Does she know that you're on the phone with me?"
"No."
"Are you allowed to ring people?"
"I don't know."
"Embry maybe-"
he was cut off by hearing a voice in the background. There was some rustling and Brooke's voice came over the phone.
"Hello, who is this?"
"Ello Brooke."
"...hi Oli."


_____________________________________________________________________


Brooke and Oli were just laying in his bed. His hand was brushing through her hair and the only sound between them was their own breathing.

"Brooke?"

"Mmhmm?"

"You amaze me." she smiled and a blush came across her cheeks.

"You amaze me too Oli. I honestly never thought I'd feel this way about anyone." he grinned and kissed her head.

"I've never been so thankful of random drunken sex." she laughed and hit him playfully.

"Way to ruin a moment Sykes." he laughed and his hands went around her neck and brought her lips to his.

"I love you Brooke." he murmured in-between kisses.

"I love you too, Mr. Oliver." he grinned and she laid her head on his chest again.

"Brookie, I could spend everyday like this and it wouldn't bother me none." she smiled and kissed his chest.

"I agree." she snuggled closer and he wrapped his arms tighter around her.
♠ ♠ ♠
sooo....

I'm feeling mighty nice today.

tell me what you think?

my birffday is in 13 days! : ) (June 28th)