Status: Active

You Are the One that I Want

Welcome to Paradise

"WAKE UP!" your brother Josh screamed in the hall right outside your room.

What does he want? It's 7:00 in the morning on a Saturday. This is so unfair; I don't want to wake up, I want to sleep until noon.

"What could be so important that he wants me up so damn early?" you mumbled to yourself, falling back to sleep.

****

"WAKE UP!" Josh screamed in your ear.

You jumped up and hit your head on the board of the bed, "Damn," you whispered to yourself so Josh couldn't hear that you said a bad word. "What do you want?" you asked him.

"We're moving today."

"That's today?" you asked more to yourself then Josh.

"Yes. Everyone's ready but you. You need to pack the rest of your shit and put it all in the car. Be downstairs in 20 minutes, or we're leaving without you."

"That wouldn't be too bad," you mumbled to yourself.

"Yea, I'm sure you'd love to leave this family behind, you worthless idiot. Hurry up! And, cover your arm, you have a bruise showing, and I wouldn't want mom or dad asking you how you got that," with that, Josh left your room with that vile smirk planted across his ugly, punched in face.

You got up, put on your white tank and your black sweater, your black jeans, and your dark blue converse. You put on your black eyeliner and also put on cover up to cover a few scars you had on your cheek because someone slapped you really hard.

Before you all left, your mom cooked you breakfast, which wasn't too good because she was in a hurry.

You ate your waffles that were under cooked then went to the car. You were in the backseat with your older brothers, Chandler and Josh.

"Tabitha, Are you excited to be living somewhere new?" Chandler sympathetically asked you.

He always talked to you like that, because he knows all the stuff you had to go through in the family. You also think he knows about you slitting your wrist, but you're not 100% sure.

"Yea, I guess it will be pretty cool," you reassured him while giving him a weak smile.

He's the only one that really understood about stuff you were going through, but you didn't bother asking him for advice, because you liked to keep everything personal.

****

You walked in with a bag in one hand and your guitar in the other to be greeted by your grandmother who had a lot of kisses to give you. Yuck! you thought to yourself.

You walked into the kitchen to see Chase and Paige talking to each other, "Hey guys!" you said to them with a big smile on your face.

"Hey Tabitha! Oh my god, how are you?" Chase asked while putting you into a bear hug, almost crushing your bones. You couldn't blame him; you haven't seen him since you were 7, so it's been 9 years.

"I'm fine, Chay Chay. How are you?" you haven't called him Chay Chay for 9 years, saying that is like a blast from the past.

"I'm awesome! I can't believe how much you've grown! Wow! You aged a lot." he smirked at you, finally letting you out of his grip.

"Thanks a lot dude. I'm only 16, you've aged more than me," you laughed.

"Alright, alright! I take that back. You look exactly the same from when I last saw you," he smirked at you again.

"Well, I guess you haven't changed in personality since you were 10," you smiled at him.

Since you and "Chay Chay" were in your little own conversation, Paige felt left out, so she joined in, "Hey Tabitha, do you remember me?" Paige asked very cheerfully.

"Of course I remember you Paige. We use to have race competing to see who could get to the beach first," you smiled at her, almost getting teary-eyed from thinking back to all the good times.

Paige's face lit up since you had remembered her so much. She ran up to you and hugged you tightly. God, when did she get so strong?

"I've missed you so much!" she managed to cry out.

"I've missed you too. A lot. Do you still live next door?" you asked, trying to get out of her bone-breaking hug.

"No. I live here now. Oh, and we're going to be sharing a room," she said, letting go of you. Finally.

"Oh my god, that's so awesome. So do your parents still live next door?"

"No. They moved, and I didn't want to go, so now I live here. There's a family living there now, you'll like them. The boy, Fra-"

"Tre!" Chase cut her off.

"Oh yea. Right. He changed his name to Tre. Well, anyway, he's around your age; he must be... 17, I guess. You two will probably become great friends."

You weren't really paying attention about what Paige was saying about the neighbor boy. Instead, you saw Sean in the living room, and you really wanted to say hi.

When you noticed Paige had stopped talking, which is amazing because she never shuts up, you just nodded your head like you listened to everything she said.

Chase and Paige offered to take all your stuff upstairs, you agreed and let them do that. You made your way to the living room and sat next to Sean, who was talking to Chandler about the girls in the city. He hadn't noticed you yet until you put your hand over his face.

"Hey, Seany boy! Remember me?" you laughed at him because you cut off his concentration.

"No! Who are you?" he sarcastically asked, "Hey Tabby! How's everything been going?"

He called me Tabby. He first called me Tabby on the last day I saw him, when we found a stray Tabby Cat, and I wanted it but my parents said no. Then he promised to take it for me and let it live with him.

You managed to hold in your tears, "I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm good. I like your hair; the red is almost blinding me; it makes you look so punky," he remarked. You laughed at his cockiness. At least, he thought you looked punkish; you hate it when Josh calls you a Goth or Emo.

"Thanks! Uh...I like your hat. I like The Ramones too," you've never seen a hat that said 'Blitzkrieg Bop' on it. That was one of your favorite Ramones songs.

"Yea, thanks! I don't really like them, it's Tess', and she likes them a lot. And yes, we are still dating and she lives here too..." he then began to drift off but soon came back into reality, "Well, me and Chase are going out to buy some shit. You're welcome to come if you want, but I think Tess and Paige want to take you out to Gilmans. So, I'll catch up with you later. Bye guys. I'll be back later."

"Bye!" Chandler and you said in unison. With that, Sean and Chase left.

Chandler looked over at you, "Do you think you'll be happier living here?"

"Yea. I like it here. I always have liked it here," with that, you went upstairs.

You found your room. No one was in it.

Lying on the nice bed, you began to think back to the time when Chandler started being all protective of you:

I don't really remember why I did it. I think it was the first time I was drunk. I remember Josh beating me- he beats me a lot… but that was the worst. All I remember was when I grabbed the blade...
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. Comments? Remember, I wrote this story when I was 12, so I think it kinda sucks, but I'm my worst critic, so...