Status: Active

You Are the One that I Want

Seven

Image

Tabitha's POV

The sound of a monitor went blasting through my head. I tried my best to open my eyes. It's hard because I am so tired at the moment.

I finally opened them. I figured out that I was in a hospital room because of the bloody bright lights and the monitors that were keeping me alive. I was feeling so weak.

I turned to my side, only to see a white bandage across my wrist.

Da-ja vu.

I felt around my forehead because my head hurt so much. I placed my hand right on top of a bandage that was placed on my head.

I looked over to a table that was beside my bed; it had flowers, get well cards, and some chocolate on top of it.

I sat up on the bed and grabbed a card. It was from Adrienne.

I thought she left... I opened the card, it read:

'Hope you get well soon, Tabs. I miss you.
Call me when you start to feel better.
Billie will probably give you my number.

Love Adrienne xoxo'


The card brought a little smile to my face. I put it back on the table and just sat up on the bed, daydreaming back to my last memory; pieces of glass with my DNA dripping all down it.

"Tabitha, I see you're finally awake."

I looked up. At first all I saw was a blurred vision; It was probably all the medication that was being forced into my body. A nurse came into the room carrying a box of needles.

"Yea..." I said, not really knowing how to react.

Was I meant to be happy to be a wake? I mean, it made sense. But at the same time, I wanted to be back into my sleep, so I wouldn't have to face my horrid reality.

"You gave us a bit of a scare there," she smiled, "You can call me Mindy."

"Oh, sorry... Mindy," I still didn't know how to react.

I was in a coma and she's smiling? Probably because I had woken up, but I still didn't know what my emotions were. Well, that's until the number one thing that I cared about went running threw my head; Tre.

"Where's Tre?"

"He's in the waiting room," she responded.

"Can I see him?" I really didn't know weather I wanted to see him or not. Sure I did miss the man that makes me want to live, but at the same time, I did try to kill myself regardless the feelings I have towards Tre.

"Of course," she smiled wide, "He really loves you. He hasn't left this hospital once since you've been here," her words came dancing out of her mouth.

He had to be worried sick but now that he knows I'm awake, I'll have to force myself to come out to him about why I did what I did.

Trust me, this isn't going to be a piece of cake.

She left the room to go get Tre. I couldn't wait to see him, though at the same time, I could wait. I know it doesn't sound like what a girlfriend should say, but I was only saying the truth. It felt like I hadn't seen him for along time.

I felt my heart start to race as I was waiting for him, because I didn't know what his reaction would be since I did break a promise that was very important to him. I felt so bad about it.

I heard people outside the door. It must have been Mindy telling Tre what condition I was in.

The door opened; I saw Mindy come in then Tre came running to the bed. I felt so happy to see him but still nervous.

"Oh my God, Tabs, I was so worried about you. I'm so glad you're awake. I love you so much," he locked his arms around me.

"I love you so much too. I'm so sorry, Tre," I cried out to him.

"I'll leave the two of you alone." Mindy said right before she left.

I looked up at Tre; He looked very tired like he hadn't gotten any sleep for days. He had a little scruffy beard coming in; it wasn't too noticeable. His hair was all messy and it looked like he'd been crying.

I will never forget the way he looked when I saw him; He had a smile on his face but tears still dripping because he must have been crying earlier.

He got into the bed next to me. He didn't let me go once.

"How are you feeling?" he asked. I could tell in his voice that he was a little nervous to be talking to me, I didn't know why.

"I don't feel much." I smiled. The pain killers were helping me not to feel my wrist.

"That's good," he said while looking away.

Was it just me or did he seem distant? This really wasn't the big reaction I was scared to face before he walked into the room. In fact, this was the total opposite to what I was expecting.

"Tre?" I started, trying to find the right words, "How long was I out for?"

Tre looked at me for a second like I was the best thing in the world. It took him a moment to answer.

"You were in a coma for seven days."

SEVEN DAYS?!

"They told me that there was a chance that you were never going to wake up again. I'm so happy you're back."

I immediately started to feel the tears form in my eyes, but I held them back.

I looked back up at Tre; he quickly turned his head away when I looked at him.

Why is he acting like this?

He kept acting nervous around me and a bit disappointed.

Oh my God, I feel so bad for doing this to him. It's tarring him apart.

"Tre, are you ok..."

"I'm going to get you some water," he weakly smiled.

I guess he really doesn't want to talk about it…

"Okay," I weakly smiled back as he got off the bed and went to go get some water.

I waited in the room for him to come back. I loved that I got to see Tre again, but why was he acting so weird around me? It was scaring me.

Is this going to be the end of our relationship? It couldn't be... I loved Tre; I loved him more than anything in the world. I couldn't even imagine what my world would be like if I lost him.

Tre walked back into the room with a cup of water in his hand. He looked like he was in a daze, like he wasn't into reality.

He came walking slower up to the bed, but he stopped walking and looked at me. He looked at me so peacefully. Then he fell to the floor, landing on his knees.

The water splashed on the floor.

My eyes went huge with panic when I saw him land on the ground.

I quickly got off the bed and went to his side. I put my arms around him, and he did the same to me. He was holding on to me very tight like it was the last time he was going to hold me.

"Tre, I'm so sorry," I said, starting to cry, "It's my entire fault. I'm so sorry."

"Why did you do it?" he asked, his eyes glued to the ground as if he was in his own space and nothing else was surrounding him.

I thought about it for a second. Honestly, I didn't have an answer. If I had an answer when I did do it, it was beyond me.

"I don't know, Tre..." was all I could think of saying.

"You promised me," he said, finally looking up at me with a little bit of liquid shining in his eyes.

"I know, and I'm so sorry for breaking it," I cried even more, "But I do love you - I love you so much."

"I love you too, Tabitha," he whispered.

How could have I tried to rid myself from him? If I had the opportunity, I'd stay in his towering arms for the rest of my life without a care in the world about what anybody else thought. Just him and me forever is all I wish for.

"Please don't leave me, Tre. I'm so sorry, and I'm never going to do it ever, ever again. I swear," I told him while wiping away my tears.

Tre looked at me with a confused though shocked expression; "Why would I leave you?"

"Because of what I did..." I told him, "I broke my promise to you, and I've caused so much pain for you."

Tre was speechless for a moment. He put his forehead on mine and looked deep into my eyes.

"You did cause a lot of pain and confusion for me these last few days, but I still love you; you're the love of my life. Of course we're going to have our ups and downs, but I'm still going to love you no matter what happens. As long as we are in it together then we can get each other out... but I'm still going to love you no matter what happens," he told me.

I stopped crying while I was listening to the beauty of his words. I didn't know what to say.

I tilted my head slightly and kissed him deeply for second that felt like minutes - hours.

"You should go rest," Tre said when we separated.

"Will you stay with me?" I asked, grabbing his hands.

"Of course," he weakly smiled, "I need to get some sleep anyways. I haven't gotten any sleep in seven days."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments / subscribe / BANNERS

Love Tami Wright-Cool