Status: Active

You Are the One that I Want

Hospital Night

Image

"SOMEBODY HELP MY BABY!!" you yelled at the top of your lungs as you entered the hospital waiting room. Everyone stopped talking and looked wide eyed at you, not doing anything.

"God, Tabs, when we said go let them know that we need help, we didn't tell you to make an obvious entrance," Mike said as he entered from behind you, Billie behind him, both of them holding Tre up as he was still unconscious.

"Oh my God!" a nurse ran over to all of you with a wheelchair. Mike and Billie sat Tre down on the wheelchair.

"Please help my baby," you cried with your eyes burning from your tears. At that moment, a bunch of Doctors came running to you. One Doctor took Tres wrist to hear his pulse.

"By the sound of his pulse, he's on the urge of dying. Take him to surgery quick!" He ordered. The rest of the Doctors took Tre into a hallway.

"He can't be on the urge of death. I need him! I love him!" you cried at the top of your lungs as you looked at everyone in the waiting room. Some of them had tears in their eyes, because they could tell how scared you are to lose him. "I can't lose him," your voice went high pitched, and then you fell on your knees.

"Tabs, common, let's go check him in," Billie said, trying to be as comforting as possible.
Both Mike and him grabbed your arms and pulled you back up. All of you walked up to the receptionists desk.

"Um, Tr- I mean we have to check in Frank Wright," Mike said, as he was having trouble holding in his tears but he managed.

"He's the boy who just came in with all the stabbings, right?" she asked. Mike and Billie nodded. You weren't paying attention since your thoughts were everywhere.

"You'll have to take a seat and wait," she said, as she typed stuff on the computer.

"How long will we have to wait?" Billie asked as he was looking anxious to see Tre to his old self, like he'd be the old Tre after the surgery.

"I don't really know, he needs to have surgery. That'll probably take a few hours, then we have to try to wake him up,"

"What if he doesn't wake up?" you quickly asked, tears running down your cheeks.

"Then..." she paused, "we'll take you in to say your goodbyes," she looked down at her desk as she said that.

"What?" you began to cry even more.

"I'm sorry, but the chances of him living are very low," she said like she was on the urge of tears herself.

"No!" you fell on your knees once again, "He can't go!" you cried.

Mike knelled down beside you on the floor, "Common, Tabs, there's nothing we can do now but wait," he whispered into your ear.

You nodded. They both had to help you up again.

The wait seemed to take forever. It had only been a hour, but it felt like so much longer. For the past hour all you did was cry. What else could you do? All you could think about was when you last talked to him: The flames from the fire made his face so clear to look at.

"You okay?" Billie asked. It took you a while to get your words together...

"I can't stand waiting, Billie. I mean, he could be dying in there, and all I'm doing is waiting," you said, wiping away the tear marks on your face.

"I know, but remember when you were here in the hospital?"

You nodded.

"Tre didn't leave this hospital until you woke up. He didn't want to leave your side. He stayed here, in this waiting room for seven days, and it was all because he loves you."

What Billie just said went through your head.

He's right. I just can't believe I put Tre through all this pain when I was here. How could I have done that to him? Not was he only worried to death, he was also confused as hell to why I did it. Everything I'm going through right now, he went through it but ten times worse. How could I have been so selfish? How could I have done that to someone that I love so much? At least Tre didn't do this intentionally.

"Who's here for Mr. Frank Wright?" a doctor at a door said.

You quickly jumped up. It was just like a reflex when you heard his name. You began to cry again because you knew this was going to be the result of your life. It felt like this doctor had the rest of your life in the palm of his hand.

"We'll get through this," Billie whispered in your ear as he noticed you were beginning to cry.

You nodded, still not sure whether to believe him or not. You quickly grabbed his hand as you didn't know what else to do.

"That would be us," Mike jumped up and wiped a few tears away from his eyes.

All three of you walked over to the Doctor, 'Dr. Gale' to be exact since that's what it said on his name tag.

"Is he going to be okay?" you asked, fearing every single moment of waiting for an answer.

"He made it through the surgery," he said.

Billie, Mike, and you all looked at each other, feeling a relief. This was the best news of your life. Billie quickly ran over to you, and hugged you tightly.

"Can we see him? Can we take him home?" you asked so relieved. You've never recovered from crying so quick. This was the best news of your life.

"You can see him, but you can't take him home..." he paused, "He's in a coma. We couldn't wake him up, and we don't know if he'll wake up."

Everyones smiles faded, and once again, you were scared to death.

"How did-- How come--" you tried to find the right words, but they just couldn't come to you.

"We're giving him six days to wake up. If he doesn't, then there's nothing else we can do but pull the plug," he looked down, fearing to meet all your eyes, especially yours.

"No! There has to be another solution to help him!" Billie yelled, tears coming out of his eyes.

"You can't just pull the plug after a few days," Mike protested.

You didn't know what to say. Everything was going so fast. It felt like you couldn't speak. You just stood there, wide eyed, with tears pouring down your face.

"There's nothing else we can do. He was on the urge of death, and he's really weak right now. After six days of being in the coma, he will die."

You weren't sure, but you thought you saw a tear fall from his cheek.

How could they do this? They need to give Tre more time. I need him. He's my baby. I love him so much. If it wasn't for him, I would have never known what love feels like. He saved me. I would have continued cutting if I didn't meet him. Actually, without him, I would have been dead. He changed my whole life. He is my life. He's my love. He's my world. If he dies, then my whole world will be gone.

****

"Tabs, wake up!" you fluttered your eyes open, noticing that you must have fainted. Billie was patting on your cheeks; Mike was standing up, looking at you; and surprisingly, the Doctor wasn't doing anything.

"I'm fine," you picked yourself up, a bit too quickly. The room was spinning when you were totally on your feet.

"Do you need to lay down?" Mike asked. You looked around, it felt like you were in a terrible nightmare, but sadly, you weren't.

"No, I have to go talk to Tre," you stumbled. "Take me to Tre," you told the doctor.

"Alright, he's right this way," he said, leading you down the hallway where they took Tre through before.

You turned to Billie and Mike, noticing that they weren't following, "Aren't you guys coming?"

"We'll let you talk to him alone," Billie said, giving you a weak smile with tear marks all down his cheeks.

"Thanks," you whispered as the tears were starting to build up behind your eyes.

"He's right in here," the doctor pointed to a room just down the next hallway. You stood at the door, trying to get yourself together. "I'll let you talk to him alone."

"Thank you," you said, quietly. With that, the doctor left.

Before you went in, you took a big inhale of oxygen since you really felt like you needed it to keep from fainting again.

You slowly walked into the room, scared to turn to the right, knowing that your love was there, hooked up to machines, in a coma, fighting to stay alive. You turned around slowly.

There he was; His still body made it hard for you to look at him. He's usually so spunky and full of energy; It's not like him to lay still like that for so long.

"Oh my God, Tre," you whispered as the tears burst out. You've never cried this much in your life.

You slowly walked over to Tres bed. You looked down at him: he had an oxygen tube going in his nose, wires all tangled around him.

"My poor baby," you whispered, it was more to yourself than to him.

You knelled down on the floor beside the bed and laced his hand into yours. It took you a few minutes to adjust to what you were about to say. Finally, you were able to talk.

"Tre, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. It was my fault to why you broke up with me, and if you die, that's going to be my fault too, because it was also my fault that Andy stabbed you," you said.

You took another pause so you could figure out what to say, "I love you so much, Tre. I would be dead right now if it wasn't for you. You saved my life... You are my life, and I need you. If you die, I'm gonna blame myself for the rest of my life, because it's all my fault. My whole life has changed, and it's all because of you. This is the first time in my life that I've never had a bruise. If it wasn't for you, I would be still living with Josh. I know you too much, Tre. I know you wouldn't leave me alone with Josh," you cried.

You felt so weak that after a while of holding his hand, your knees gave out, which made you fall on your left thigh on the floor. You didn't bother picking yourself back up, you were too weak to. You cried on the floor which felt like the longest time.

Someone put their hand on your shoulder. You looked up, only to see Mike.

"He can't die," you cried.

"I'm so sorry, Tabs," Mike said, going on his knees to hug you.

"I need him," you cried more in his shoulder.

He held you for the longest time. It was fifteen minutes later when the doctor said you had to leave. You wanted to stay with Tre in the hospital, but Mike refused to have you do that. He offered the spare room at his house for you to sleep at. You'd rather stay with Tre, but he got you back into Billie's car.

The ride home was silent, except for the sobbing you were doing in the backseat. These were going to be the longest days of your life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Banners?
Sad?