A Heart On The Mend

Ch.22: The Difference

Ryan was driving Faith back home after the double date they had with John and Aiyana. Surprisingly, the dinner had been pleasant, Ryan behaved himself, didn't ask too many out of place question and Aiyana wasn't going to kill him, except on the part where he informed John about Aiyana's teddy bear actually being the hiding place of her vibrator.

"At least my first wet dream wasn't about our school's 57 years old librarian." Aiyana said as revenge and Ryan shut up.

Turning off the engine outside Faith's building, Ryan took a deep breath.

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Ryan said awkwardly. Faith giggled.

"Way to sound like an adolescent, Ry." Faith teased, taking his hand in hers and leaning to kiss him. Ryan kissed her back.

"Come home with me." Ryan whispered.

"Told you I have things to do tomorrow, that's why I can't-" Faith explained, but Ryan shook his head.

"I mean permanently, Faith." He said stroking her cheek and looking into her eyes. "Move in with me."

"Are you sure?" Faith asked, not smiling now, as she was a little thrown back by the question.

"Why wouldn't I be? We spend most of the week at each other's place anyway." Ryan said, playing with her fingers. "I figured out it would be nice, you know? Saves trouble when one of us has to pick up clean clothes and saves gas too." Ryan half smiled and Faith rolled her eyes.

"Always oh-so-practical." Faith giggled.

"I want you there every morning, okay? I wanna wake up with you every day." Ryan looked into Faith's eyes this time.

.-

Two weeks later, Faith was emptying her apartment. Somethings were thrown away, some of them would be stored and the others were being loaded on Frankie's SUV to be taken to Ryan's place. As Frankie took the last box left down stairs, Faith grabbed her backpack and sighed, looking around the empty apartment.

"You okay, cousin?" Aiyana said with a chuckle.

Faith rolled her eyes. "I'm fine. This is just a little weird, you know?"

"Why? You're getting a bigger apartment with boyfriend included..." Aiyana sang.

Faith looked at her friend and nodded. Truth was, she was used to live alone and part of her was terrified to share her vital space with someone else. Especially when it was someone she didn't wanna screw things up with.

"He's terrified too, you know?" Aiyana got close to Faith a rubbed her shoulder. "He cleaned the whole house twice yesterday, just cause you were coming."

"How'd you-?" Faith asked, looking at Aiyana.

"Because! You're so like my cousin that I'm convinced you're meant for each other. So stop worrying so much." Aiyana soothed, grabbing a bag from the floor. "Now, let's go. I'm getting hungry and John is going to pick me up for lunch." She added, linking Faith's arm and leading her out.

When they arrived to Ryan's apartment, Faith realized everything was shiny clean and smiled at remembering what Aiyana had told her. Ryan had cleaned, vacuumed and dusted the house thoroughly. He even had made space for her in the main closet, thing she thought it was impossible cause Ryan had a tendency to never throw things out. When everything was settled, Faith fell on the bed, with Ryan by her side.

"I have one last thing for you." Ryan said, kissing Faith's nose.

"Really? Besides the king size bed and my own get-the-fuck-away-from-me room?" She chuckled.

"Yes." Ryan searched in his pocket. "Close your eyes." Faith shook her head, but did as told. Ryan took her hand and put something in her palm.

"What-" She said, looking at her hand to find a key ring with two colored keys.

"Apartment." He pointed at the pink key. "Building gate." He pointed at the purple key. "Home. Our home." Ryan said, kissing her softly.

"You've spent too much time with your cousin."

"Maybe." Ryan chuckled. "But now you have to live with it."

And maybe Faith wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end.