Wizard Swears and Weasley Twins

One

It was my fifth year at Hogwarts and little did I know, everything was about to change...

Well, that's a little over-dramatic, but alot did change. Let me just start at the beginning.

I’m in the same year as the trio, and I also happen to be pretty good friends with them. It started when I was eight and a cute, incredibly sweet, little family by the name of Granger moved in next door. They had a little girl the same year as me. She was bright, shy, and extremely sensible. While I was a little more imaginative and would sometimes get in trouble over jokes I liked to pull, we were still very similar and got along great. Hermione and I became best friends the first time we shared a swing set. It felt more like we were sisters than best friends because we were both the only children in our families. Our parents became good friends, too. The Grangers were a normal, muggle couple while my parents were both Muggle-born wizards, who kept it a secret from their new friends. They got together for dinner every so often and our mothers gossiped on the phone while our fathers watched the rugby games together.

Then, on a sunny Tuesday during the summer after I turned 11, I received an interesting letter. From Professor Albus Dumbledore. You see where this is going. My parents were so excited, they had always expected it, and they had really wanted me to go to Hogwarts. The only problem was, I didn’t know if I could tell Hermione. That night, though, when I went over for a sleepover, I decided to tell her because she was my best friend and the most trustworthy person I knew. After I had spilled my big secret, she stared at me for a second and then left the room. She came running back, grinning, and waving a paper in my face. We jumped around and screamed in excitement, waking Mr. and Mrs. Granger, who were thrilled by the whole thing. The next day, they got together with my parents and started planning for the coming school year. After that, a giant man by the name of Hagrid came to visit us and take us to Diagon Alley for school shopping. Everything was so cool and overwhelming at the same time. We couldn’t wait for the first day of school. When it finally arrived, we could barely contain our excitement. After saying goodbye to our parents, with hugs and a few tears on the mothers’ sides, we ran onto the giant train and began searching for a compartment.

We came across one with two boys who looked about our age. We knocked and asked if we could sit with them. And that is how I met Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. They were funny kids, so little and awkward looking. Then, again, we were probably pretty awkward too. We became fast friends, all of us being sorted into Gryffindor. During my first year, I also met most of Ron’s family. The twins were my favorite. But not at first. The first time they met me, they tried to prank me like everyone else. And they succeeded. But what they didn’t expect was that I would get them back the next day. Of course, I only put dye in their shampoo, but they were still impressed that I had the guts to do even that to them and they kind of took me under their wing. They let me tag along on their pranks and missions…well most of them. I wasn’t allowed to go on any “dangerous” ones where I might get detention. The twins were hilarious, though. They could always make me laugh, no matter how sucky I felt. I hung out with them all the time.

During third year, Fred and George became my best friends. Other than Hermione, of course, because you always need a best friend who won’t pretend to gag when you mention how cute Cedric Diggory is. But Fred and George were there for pretty much everything else. We were almost inseparable, except for classes since they were two years older. They had officially recruited me as a member of their pranking group by the end of third year, after I had pranked Draco so bad, they couldn’t deny I was almost as good as them. I had a good sense of humor, was generally laid-back, and was smart enough to help them create things for their pranks when they weren’t sure how to. We made a pretty good team, I must say.

This, of course, also led to me occasionally getting detentions along with them. It was never too bad, unless we had it with Snape who absolutely hated us. Almost as much as he hated Harry. Probably because we almost blew him up one day…but that’s beside the point. The twins and I still had fun, no matter how many detentions we got. Plus, the teachers usually went easy on me since I was such a good student otherwise.

Somewhere around the summer between third and fourth year, the first summer I spent three weeks at the Weasley’s, I began to develop feelings for George. I wasn’t exactly sure why, and I knew I could never actually tell him because I didn’t want to ruin our friendship. But he was so funny and cute, and was always nicer to me than Fred. When Fred wasn’t around, and he wasn’t trying to be funny, he was actually very sweet. Anyways, this year I was starting my fifth year at Hogwarts along with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, while Fred and George were beginning their seventh.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I started this story forever ago, but I decided to bring it back out and work on it more to see what happens (: Sorry, this chapter's kind of boring, it's just background info.