Wizard Swears and Weasley Twins

Twelve

A little while afterwards, people started leaving to go to bed or whatever.

I looked up at George, “You ready to go?”

“Yeah, come on babe” he stood up and grabbed my hand.

I waved to Fred who was still hanging out with some other 7th years. When we got into the hallway, we began walking towards the common room.

“I don’t want to go to bed yet” George said. He stopped and faced me.

“You’re not tired?” I asked, taking both his hands.

“Actually, that has nothing to do with it, I just don’t want to leave you yet”

I smiled and stood on my tiptoes to kiss him.

He grinned and said “If I had known you were this easy, I would’ve asked you out a long time ago”

I rolled my eyes and smacked him playfully “Come on you oaf, let’s take a walk”

He draped his arm across my shoulders and I put mine around his torso.

“So now you’re all mine…finally. You have no idea how long I’ve wanted this.”

“Me too, I guess we were just too scared to say anything”

“It’s ok, love, it was worth the wait” he smiled down at me.

The butterflies were still there, but in a totally new and better way.

“Maybe now Flint will leave me alone for good”

“If that little prick comes anywhere near you again, I’ll kill him.”

I laughed “Well, I wouldn’t want you to actually kill him seeing as that’s illegal, but if you scare him pretty good, that would be nice”

We continued walking and talking quietly for awhile even though it was after hours. When we turned a corner, though, we saw a shadow that was unmistakably Mrs. Norris making her way towards us.

“Uh oh” I breathed.

“Quick, in here” George pulled me into an empty classroom nearby.

It was one of the classrooms with a hidden tunnel that we had found earlier last year. The tunnel led to the same hall as the Gryffindor common room. George tapped four bricks in sequence and then pressed his hand to the fifth causing the doorway to open up.

The tunnel was pitch black, and I grabbed George’s hand. He squeezed my hand reassuringly and used the other to guide along the wall so we wouldn’t get lost. Finally, we pushed aside a tapestry and saw the portrait of the Fat Lady at the other end of the hall. I began to step out, but George pulled me back into the shadows.

“What? Is something wrong?”

“No, everything’s perfect. But just in case this is the last time we’re alone tonight, I wanted to do this…” and he pulled me to him and kissed me passionately.

I smiled against his lips and he pulled me closer against his body, one arm around my waist and one hand on my neck while my hands were against his chest. We broke away breathless and he grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the tunnel opening towards the portrait.

The only person in the common room was Fred, asleep on one of the couches.

“Should we?” I asked George.

“Nah, I’ll get him, you go to bed” and he walked me to the girls’ dorm stairs, kissed my hand and said “Goodnight, love”

I smiled “Goodnight George”

Then I walked up into my dorm.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it's been a few days since I've updated. Hope you're all enjoying it!