Wizard Swears and Weasley Twins

Sixteen

The next day, our agendas included more studying, but I took a break to go eat lunch with Fred and George.

Afterwards, Fred ran off to find Lee and George and I headed back to the common room. On our way there, we ran into Flint once again and a few other Slytherins. I cringed closer to George when I saw Flint sneer at me.

“Weasley’s got himself a girlfriend, how nice. Too bad it’s the girl I want and he’s going to suffer when I steal her away”

“I doubt it Flint. Don’t come near her, or I’ll be forced to actually carry out my threats”

It didn’t even look like Flint was hearing what George was saying or maybe he was just that stupid, because he stepped closer to me. Then, he reached out and stroked my arm, smirking. I flinched and pulled away from him.

“Come on princess, you know you want me. Weasley could never give you everything I could”

Suddenly, George punched him straight in the jaw. Flint staggered back, caught off guard, but he quickly recovered and I watched in shock as he lunged at George. Then, they were on the floor.

“George stop! Please, he’s not worth it!” I yelled.

Then, Professor Flitwick appeared out of nowhere.

“What is going on here?” he asked in his shrill little voice, and then he waddled over to George and Flint, still beating up on each other.

“Stop this! Stop this nonsense right now! Detention for both of you!”

They stopped and Flint looked aghast at Flitwick “But he started it!” he pointed at George.

“Yeah right” I heard George mutter.

“I don’t care who started it, detention tomorrow night for both of you” then he waddled away again.

“Oh my God, George, are you ok?” I asked as he stood up, brushing himself off.

“Yeah, I’m fine”

I took his face in both my hands, turning it side to side to examine it. He had a bruise forming on his left eyebrow and a cut on his lip, but that was all.

“Really, Caroline, I’m fine” he said taking both my hands in his.

I kissed him full on the mouth and said “Good, let’s go”

George slung his arm around my shoulders as we walked away. I glanced back at Flint, who was glaring at George through his puffing eye and apparently ignoring his bloody nose.

I looked back up at George and smiled.

“Thanks for defending my honor and all, even if I don’t like you fighting and you got detention because of it”

“All in a day’s work, my dear” he said smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm *so* sorry I haven't updated in a while. Finals and all, you know. But it's finally summer! yay! And I'm posting twice tonight! yay! haha