Wizard Swears and Weasley Twins

Twenty Three

Normal POV:

After dinner, we began our packing because we would be going back to Hogwarts in two days. Of course, packing didn’t take too long since Fred and George used magic to help. They used it as much as possible outside of school after they turned seventeen. I didn’t blame them, I couldn’t wait to be able to use magic whenever I wanted. When we were done, the three of us worked on more prank materials until Mrs. Weasley told us to go to bed.

On the train back to school, everybody was in a really good mood, laughing and talking. We were excited about seeing everyone again and about Quidditch starting back up. Herms and I didn’t play, but we liked going to the games and watching our friends play. It was really funny to watch Fred and George because they were always showing off. We were also excited to start DA classes with Harry again. He knew a lot of spells that I never really realized might be important, but with the Dark Lord back, I figured it was definitely better to learn them in case we needed them in the future. Harry was a good teacher, too, especially compared to Umbridge. He encouraged and motivated us. I learned way more with him than I had in the past 4 years of Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Once we got to school, we all went into the Great Hall for the feast and announcements by Dumbledore. It was all routine stuff and Fred and George were goofing off the whole time as usual, making me laugh. But suddenly, there was a shrill “Hem hem” from behind us. I turned around and saw Umbridge standing there.

“Detention, the three of you” she shrieked as she stared us down.

We groaned quietly and turned back around.

Around eight o’clock, we made our way down to Umbridge’s office for our detention. I hadn’t been in her office yet, and I was almost dizzy when I walked in. So much pink, so many tacky decorations, what is wrong with this woman? She was going to make us write lines, so we sat down and began getting our stuff out.

“Oh no, you won’t need those. You’ll use mine.”

Then, I suddenly remembered Harry’s hand not long before break and mentally smacked myself for forgetting about that. I glanced at George and he looked at me worriedly. Then she made us carve “I will not cause a raucous in the Great Hall” into our hands. I tried not to let the pain show on my face. I didn’t want to give her the satisfaction, but I had to bite my lip and a few silent tears fell down my cheeks.

After the hour of torture with Umbridge, we silently left her office. As soon as we turned the corner into the other hallway, George pulled me to him and I burst into tears against his chest.

“That was horrible” I said, shaking.

“It’ll be ok Love” he whispered into my hair. “You’ll be fine, I won’t let her hurt you anymore”
he tried to soothe me.

“Don’t worry, Caroline, the pain won’t last long.” Fred said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I wiped my tears away and gave them a small smile “Thanks guys”

“Of course, what are friends for?” they said at the same time, still trying to cheer me up.

“Now I know how Harry felt” I said as we entered the common room.

“Poor bloke” Fred stated simply.

The next few weeks, we tried to avoid Umbridge, but she seemed to be everywhere and know everything that went on. Things just kept getting worse. Then, one day, we found out that they wanted to arrest Dumbledore. The whole school was in a state. According to rumor, when they came to get him, he completely vanished. That was all fine and dandy, except now Fudge had appointed Umbridge as headmaster. She took his place, making up all these ridiculous rules and giving detentions for the smallest things. She had caught onto the DA as well. She had Malfoy and some of the other Slytherins out looking for where we met and she attempted interrogated students about it. Nobody would tell her anything…that is, until she started using veritaserum. That was pretty much the last straw.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been trying my best to keep all the 'facts' straight, but I don't really remember when during the year all the stuff with Umbridge and such happened, so hopefully it's not too horribly wrong.
(: