Wizard Swears and Weasley Twins

Twenty Four

The twins and I were sitting in the common room with Harry the night after we found out Umbridge used veritaserum on Cho Chang.

“What are we going to do?” I asked.

Harry shook his head.

“We can’t exactly have meetings anymore.”

He just kept shaking his head. I turned to Fred and George.

“We need to do something about this. She can’t win.”

“You know, George, I’ve always felt our futures lay outside the world of academic achievement.”

“Fred, I’ve been thinking exactly the same thing.”

They grinned at each other.

“What are you talking about?” I asked warily.

“We’ll let you know once we’ve got it all worked out” George said before he kissed me on the cheek and they disappeared up the dormitory stairs.

I sighed, told Harry to get some sleep, and went in search of Hermione. I didn’t like being left out of their plans, but I left them to discuss whatever it was they were planning, since I was sure to hear about it later.

And I was right. Later the next night, when we were all sitting around talking, the twins pulled me aside.

“What? What is it?” I asked.

“Well, Caroline, you know how we want to start a joke shop and all” George started.

“And how we have all the money and most of the materials we need” Fred added.

“Yes” I said, looking confused.

They both took a deep breath and looked at each other.

Then George said “We were thinking of leaving before the school year is over”

I think my mouth fell open in shock because then he added quickly “It’s awful here, and we don’t really need to graduate in order to start our business.”

“Plus, we already have an idea for a big finish. We have to show up Umbridge and give her something to freak about before we leave” Fred said grinning.

I looked at them for a second and finally said “I’m coming.”

They started shaking their heads ‘no.’

“Why not? I want to help, I want to come with you. You can’t just…” I sighed in frustration.

George said “We discussed asking you to come with us. Actually, there’s nothing that would make me happier, but I really think you need to finish school.”

“But…”

“You’re smart, Caroline, you will be able to do so many great things if you graduate
Hogwarts.”

“You can always visit us, and if you really miss us that bad, you can come join us when you’re done” Fred said.

One tear slid down my cheek as I switched from angry to sad. They weren’t going to budge on their decision.

“I am definitely going to miss you guys.”

George quickly reached up and brushed the tear away and then the twins pulled me into a tight hug. I let a few more tears fall, but tried not to go into full-blown sob mode. They weren’t gone yet right?

“It’ll be okay Love” George said “you can see us this summer and on holidays. Plus, you only have two years left and we would’ve been gone after this year anyways. It won’t be that bad.”

I looked up at him, my eyes watery “But it won’t be the same” I whined.

George pulled me into him again as Fred said “We know, and we’re really sorry. But maybe it’ll be better. You can focus more on your schoolwork, not get into as much trouble, and get even more awesome grades then you already do. Hermione, Ron, and Harry will all still be here too of course. We would never abandon you if you would be completely alone.”

“You guys aren’t getting it. I don’t care about getting better grades than I have or that I’ll still have friends because I won’t have you. My best friends. The only people in the history of the world who can bring me out of a bad mood. The only people I know who can make me laugh till I cry. The only people who make school actually fun. The two people I love more than anyone else in the world.”

At that, it looked like even Fred was going to cry. They didn’t cry, of course, but they hugged me again.

“I promise, Caroline, we will always be there for you. No matter what, no matter when, if you need us, we will come.” George said.

I took a deep breath. “Ok” I said, and then sighed “So what’s your great plan?”

They grinned at each other, and pulled me to the couch. For the next hour or so, they explained in detail their plans for their last day and for what they were doing after. They were planning it for the week of the fifth years’ OWLs which was in about two weeks. There was only a month of school after that, but I knew it would be torture without the twins.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh, sad ):
don't forget to comment (: