Wizard Swears and Weasley Twins

Five

Normal POV:

“Shall we?”

“We shall” they said and linked their arms with mine.

We then proceeded to skip to the Great Hall. We got quite a few weird looks, but to be honest that was usual for us. I mean, I was one of the tallest girls at the school (not nearly as tall as the twins, but still). I was also almost always laughing or smiling. I was told often that I had a really nice, bright smile. Then, there were the twins, with their abnormal height, fiery red hair, and identical Cheshire grins, they were hard to miss. Plus we were basically just kind of weird and did whatever we felt like despite what people might think.

When we walked through the double doors, I looked around for Herms and spotted her by herself, reading and eating a piece of toast. Harry and Ron must have still been asleep.

“Hey Hermy, what’s up?” I asked as I plopped down next to her and grabbed a piece of toast.

Fred and George sat across from us and each began piling their plates with bacon, eggs, pancakes, and whatever else they could find.

“I’m just getting a head start on my reading before classes start”

The twins and I groaned.

“Come on Herms, why do you have to make us look bad?” I said.

I was a good student and studied a lot, but I usually procrastinated and had my lazy moments. The twins really just did what they had to in order to pass, and they were good with it. I reached across the table and took a piece of bacon off George’s plate.

“Hey!”

I stuck my tongue out at him and took a bite. He kicked me lightly under the table and I kicked back. Soon we were having a foot war under the table, which Fred joined when I accidentally kicked him, too.

Hermione smiled and sighed “You guys”

When Fred nudged her leg, she just rolled her eyes and got up to go back to the dorms.

“Bye Hermy!” we all called after her.

She laughed softly and waved as she walked away.

“So boys. What’re we doing today?” I asked, taking a sip from George’s orange juice.

“Well, when you’re finished stealing my food, we thought you could help us with a new invention”

“Then maybe go down to the Black Lake for a swim, since it’s pretty nice out” Fred added.

“K” I said

Then, we stood up and went back to the common room. On the way there, we ran into some Slytherins, one of them being Flint.

“Why hello there beautiful. Care to join me for breakfast?” he smirked.

“No, actually I would not. Just having to look at your face would make me lose my appetite” I spat back.

When he narrowed his eyes and stepped towards me, I impulsively grabbed George’s arm and moved slightly behind him. Fred clenched his fists and George glared at Flint.

“Can’t you take a hint? Or is the grease in your hair seeping into your brain as well? Come near her again and you’ll have to deal with me”

“Ooh, little princess needs a protector? Whatever, she’ll come to her senses soon enough.”

Then he and the other Slytherins walked off.

“Thanks George” I said and smiled up at him.

“No problem, love” he smiled back.

Then, Fred, ruining the moment, draped his arm across my shoulder and asked “Caroline, my dear, why do you always have creepers after you? I mean, seriously, the guys that like you are the biggest weirdos.”

I laughed and looked up at him, but he was grinning at something over my head and when I looked at George, he looked like he was blushing. …Odd. But I just shook my head and we continued on to the common room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a couple days. These last few weeks of school are crazy. Let me know what you think!