Wizard Swears and Weasley Twins

Nine

The next day, Sunday, was rather uneventful. Everybody was just getting ready for classes, which started that week. I was glad Hermione was in most of my classes this year. I was sure I could do well in them on my own, but it still made me feel better knowing she would be there to help me if I needed it.

Currently, she was giving Ron a lecture on procrastination…something I probably should have been listening to, but, instead, I was staring into the fire, chin in my hand, daydreaming about George. I snapped back to reality when Harry stormed through the portrait hole.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Just Malfoy being a prick again” he huffed as he slumped into a chair next to me.

“Oh, well, as long as it’s nothing out of the ordinary” I said, getting a small smile out of Harry.

“Come on, dude, really, don’t let him bother you. He’s an idiot and will most likely amount to nothing in the future, so there’s really no point.”

“I know, you’re right, but I can’t help it. He gets under my skin.” He sighed.

“Harry…who beat Lord Voldemort as a baby?” I asked.

He rolled his eyes.

“Tell me who Harry!”

“I did” he said.

“Louder!”

“I did!”

“That’s right, so Malfoy’s just a wanker, and it doesn’t matter. Just forget about it and talk to me instead.” I grinned.

Harry laughed and said “Yeah, sure, since you’re one of the only ones who can get me to laugh when I’m in a bad mood. You, and the twins.”

“Well, we are fairly hilarious. But I’d have to say, I’m the best looking”

Harry laughed again. “I would agree with that statement”

We talked for a while longer before Hermione told us all that we should go to bed since classes started bright and early tomorrow. Harry and Ron groaned and I rolled my eyes. But we all went up anyways because Hermione was right, plus we didn’t want to get another lecture tomorrow.

The next day, after breakfast, the twins and I pulled our traditional first day of school prank resulting in our first week of detention. It wasn’t a big deal, since we didn’t have much homework yet, but I still got a disapproving shake of the head from Herms. She didn’t like me getting in trouble, but she also knew it was almost inevitable when I was also best friends with Fred and George. The rest of the week went as usual, or so I thought until Herms and I were talking one night about Transfiguration.

She paused for a second, then “So what’s up with you and George?”

“Way to completely change the subject”

“Oh, come on, I know you like him, and ever since this summer, you two have been flirting way more than usual.”

“What are you talking about? Yes, I do like him, but why would you think he’s been flirting with me?”

“Cause he so is, duh! You are so very oblivious. I’m pretty sure he likes you too.”

“I doubt it.” I sighed.

She rolled her eyes. “Fine, don’t believe me, but you don’t see the way he looks at you. It’s definitely something other than friendship.”

“Like what?” I asked.

“Like loooooovvveee” she giggled and I threw a pillow at her head.

We laughed and I said “Whatever Miss I Know Everything, go to bed now”

“Ok, Miss I Refuse to Believe Anything.”

“Night, Herms”

“Goodnight”

After that, I tried to pay closer attention to how George acted around me, and he did seem pretty flirty, but the twins were always kind of like that. And our friendship had always been just kind of fun and playful. I couldn’t convince myself that it meant what Hermione thought it meant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler, sorry. I promise it'll get good soon.