Warped

Return From Intermission

We had arrived at the next venue and for some odd reason, I found myself staring out of the window of the bus for what had seemed like hours until we had stopped. The only other person who was awake was the bus driver and he had obligingly not said a word since I came up there and sat down.

I had a lot on my mind and sleeping didn’t help because once I started to sleep, I’d have some weirder than normal dreams and those would keep me up all night on top of the problems that I was having. I really didn’t need that right now.

I mean, its so weird. Brendon basically tells me he likes me, my brother and his gang shows up and starts shit and now Van and Ryan are “together”.

What.

The.

Fuck.

Seriously. I just can’t wrap my head around all this and to top it all off, we’re about to unload, unpack and face all the music, literally. How and when did this get so complicated and crazy and…..

Hel-llo…..

Brendon just walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I could feel that he was shirtless and it was a serious turn on and a mind stealer. Its like all my troubles just floated out of my head and all I could think about was his arms around me, his breath going in and out of his chest and his head on top of mine. It seemed like Brendon just radiated heat, warming up my tattooed body. I didn’t say anything to protest the position like I usually would because I was either A) too sleepy B) just didn’t care or C) I really really like him.

I’d say the first one, personally. The driver got up and left the bus to do something and the rational part of me was screaming Come back, motherfucker!! but the other part was like ^_^.

“Hey are you ok?” Brendon asked me, his voice rumbling in his chest. The vibrations from him speaking just seemed to lull me into a semi-awake state until he stopped with his warm hugging and perched himself in front of me with his head in my lap. His big brown eyes seemed to shock me awake as he looked up at me, expecting an answer.

Puppy eyes or not, I just didn’t think I could talk right now. So many emotions were running through my body that I just couldn’t say anything without breaking down and that’s something that I promised myself I wouldn’t do right now.

“You know, you don’t have to go out there today.” My hands were in his hair, patting and playing with it until he said that. I just froze in that position as I felt the anger build up.

“No.” I hoarsely said. I guess my voice was kinda fucked from the screaming match I’d had, “That’ll just say, ‘I’m scared’. No, I’m going to go out there, put on my best fucking act and try not to kill them because this is my job and I’m not going to let them get to me like that.”

“Why are you trying to be so strong all the time?”

“Maybe because its just me. Maybe I need to be strong so that way when someone drops the ball, I can be there to catch it.” His state me irked me and I had responded kinda angrily. I tried to get up but he had me pinned.

“You have to let someone else be strong too, ya know.” He moved his head from my lap and into my face. I couldn’t look him in the face but something compelled me to do it. My green eyes into his dark brown ones. I could feel my façade fading as I stared into his eyes, maybe I was getting sweet on him after all. He cupped my face and kissed me.

I could feel the electricity as our lips connected, like all the nerves in my lips were enjoying that contact of his full and very soft lips. I sighed uncontrollably into that touch. He chuckled into the kiss and broke it to look me in the eyes again.

“Fine you win Urie.” I sighed. He smirked just a little and just when he was going for another kiss, we heard a cough behind us and saw that Van was smirking behind us with the whole fucking bus behind him, looking all tired and stuff.

“Just couldn’t help yourself to stare at my body could ya?” Brendon asked them cockily. I just busted out laughing at the pose he then struck. That was the laugh I needed…. That and that… kiss. Maybe, just maybe I can get through this without depending on only myself all the time.

Behind Brendon’s back, I mouthed He’s a very good kisser! to Van. He snickered and turned away, shooing everyone else to get dressed for today. Brendon cocked his eyebrow at me and I just smiled at him. He pulled me up and shooed me away to get dressed as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
**** WE ARE BACK****