Warped

Lying Is The Most Fun

Van’s POV

I was taking money from a teenage guy when Jon and Brendon came up beside me, causing a slight screaming competition in the line.

“Guys, what are you doing here, trying to make me go deaf?” I asked with a smile, but they didn’t smile, I knew something was wrong.

“You need to come with us to Jalene’s booth” said Jon, I looked over at Brendon who looked like if he talked he was going to spit nails everywhere.

“Sure, “ I said then looked at the line, “The booth will be closed for ten minutes, hang tight”

We didn’t talk again the short distant to the booth, Jalene was sitting in the chair with an ice pack on her ankle and some guy I recognized from my mom’s record label but couldn’t recall his name, smoking a cigarette and eyeing her with a smile
.
“What happened?” I asked slightly frantic as we reached the chair.

“Some guys jumped me, but don’t worry, I kicked their ass” said Jalene as the cigarette guy coughed.

“And I helped” he said in a childish voice, that made Jalene smile, I have never seen her smile like this before, it was strange.

“Who were they?” I asked pissed off.

“I didn’t ask their names as they jumped me, Van” said Jalene rolling her eyes.

“This is ridiculous, I want have this, I am going to get security on the look out for guys with new bruises on their faces” I said as I motioned for two security guards to come over to me, I told them what I wanted them to do, they nodded and walked off. Ryan and Spencer came over to us, they looked at Jalene and then at me, I could feel my face hot from anger.

“What’s wrong?” asked Ryan in a curious tone.

“Some guys jumped Jalene and Mr. Skull and Bones here is on a rampage” said the cigarette guy, fuck I wish I could remember his name, plus he just called me a nickname that I hated, ever since that fucking tabloid called me that when ever they got a picture of me hanging out with friends.

“Don’t call me that” I spat at him, he laughed, I wanted to kick his ass.

“Sorry, little man” said the guy smiling at me as he took a drag of his cig.

“Ok, you all need to go away, your scaring off my customers” said Jalene standing up her face twisted in pain as she put her foot on the ground, Brendon started to move to her side but he stopped, I looked at him curiously, when he caught my stare he looked at the ground, “shoo” she said louder.

“We’re going” said Jon with a smile as he, Spencer, and cigarette guy walked off.

“Are you going to be ok?” asked Ryan looking at me, but Jalene answered.

“Yes, I will be fine, I am just going to sit down and come see your set in a few” said Jalene sitting on her stool.

“Be careful” said Brendon in an unrecognizable tone as he pulled Ryan away with him.

“Are you calm now?” asked Jalene looking up at me, I looked at her and nodded, she smiled, “Wil, is so awesome isn’t he?”

“William Control, I knew I knew him” I said shaking my head, “He seems like a jerk”

“A hot jerk”

“Only you would think so”

“Something is bothering you, isn’t it?” asked Jalene, I looked at her like she was stupid.

“No shit, my best friend just got jumped by, “ I started but she put her hands up.

“I mean besides me and my ankle being sprained..."

“ let me guess... you tripped and had mr. attitude carry you here? And No I am fine” I lied, she gave me a look, I knew she knew I was lying but I didn’t want to go into something I didn’t understand.

“Something like that... Well, Alright, you’ll tell me sooner or later” Jalene said raising her brow at me, I shrugged my shoulders.

“I better get back to my booth, I’ll see you at the bus” I said waving to her and walking off. I didn’t know what was wrong with me, I was pissed that some guys would hurt my best friend, my sister in a spiritual way, but something was telling me that I was taking something else out on these feelings against those guys, I hate the mind sometimes, it makes you feel things that you can’t explain. I walked to the booth where the same line was and looked at them, I felt alone for some reason in this moment, even with the thousands of people all around me, I sighed and opened the booth back up.