Status: Finished

So Make Me Promises I know You Can't Keep

Five Promises

‘‘What will you ever do without me when we leave for college?’’ Frank stated cockily as he sat beside me on my bed.
‘‘Get a new best friend.’’ I grinned at him, he clearly wasn’t expecting my answer.
‘‘Tilly, you wouldn’t.’’ He gasped in mock horror.
‘‘Well I cant be a loner now can I?’’ I smirked at him and he nudged me a little. ‘‘But seriously, I will have to try and find a new friend.’’ I was saddened at the fact Frank couldn’t get into the same college as me, we had been friends since we were born…our birthdays being a day apart and all and our mums being practically joined at the hip, how couldn’t we be?
‘‘But promise you wont forget about me?’’ He asked.
‘‘I promise. I could never forget you.’’ I smiled at him making him grin.
‘‘Write it down. So it will be on paper as proof.’’ He pulled out a note pad from my bedside table and a pen. So I began to write it ‘I promise never to forget my best friend Frank Iero’ ‘‘Happy?’’ I asked him setting down the pen and paper in my lap.
‘‘Yes…but I want you to make four more promises.’’ I was confused.
‘‘Why?’’ I asked him.
‘‘Because I know you cant keep any of your promises. You're just useless like that.’’ I narrowed my eyes at him.
‘‘So if you think I wont keep my promise to never forget you, why did you make me write it down in the first place?’’ At this point he was numbering the margin of the paper two to five since my first promise was already written.
‘‘To see if writing them helps you remember your promises and helps you not to forget you made them.’’ This was a good point, because even though I would never forget him, I would forget about making any sort of promise about it.
He handed me the pen and paper and I struggled to think of some promises to make him.
‘‘I cant think of any.’’ I said doodling on the bottom of the numbered page.
‘‘Anything that comes into your head, just write it down.’’ Frank said amused by my thoughtless brain.
So I started to write the first things that came to my head about Frank and I.
‘1.I promise never to forget my best friend Frank Iero.’
‘2.I promise never to replace him with another.’
‘3.I promise always to love Frank as my best friend and brother I never had, forever.’
‘4.I promise never to hurt Frank or ignore him when he needs me most.’
‘5.I promise never to hate Frank.’

‘‘Are those promises good enough for you? Because I know I can keep those.’’ I stated matter of factly.
‘‘They are good enough. But you’ve just made me promises I know you cant keep.’’ He smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isnt the sequal to my last story, but there possibly will be one for that.
I'll start posting it when I have an idea and something written =]