Status: Finished

So Make Me Promises I know You Can't Keep

Regretting This

‘‘I’m so glad you agreed to this.’’ I said to Rosie as we sat on a bus back to my house.
‘‘I’m glad you invited me.’’ She grinned. ‘‘I don’t think I could have handled staying there by myself. I don’t understand how you coped there for a whole six weeks alone.’’ I diverted my gaze from her, then out of the window.
‘‘I wasn’t alone. I had that Alan kid.’’ I said just to receive a laugh from Rosie.
‘‘Nerdy Alan? Come on, he couldn’t have been much fun.’’ She said still laughing.
‘‘He wasn’t…but he did teach me how to play chess, and work a computer better and programme it and what not.’’ I said, proud of myself for knowing all of that.
Rosie rolled her eyes. ‘‘Nerdy Tilly.’’ She beamed. ‘‘That could catch on.’’ She smiled prodding me in the arm.
‘‘No it couldn’t.’’ I said glaring at her in mock evil.
She smiled again then looked down the bus and I looked out of the window again, looking at all of the houses I used to see everyday, a few familiar faces caught my eye then two stops later…it was our stop.
I nudged Rosie and we both stood up, lugging our suitcases behind us for our six week stay away from college.
I rolled my suitcase behind me as I walked home, Rosie following close behind. I walked a few more steps then I felt my head spin, my heart race and my palms sweat. ‘‘Hurry Rosie.’’ I said as I quickened my pace.
‘‘Why?’’ I heard her groan…and for a good right. It was extremely hot in New Jersey this summer and quick pace - almost run, didn’t mix well with heat.
‘‘Just come on.’’ I said and she ran to catch up with me. We made it to my front porch and I looked to my right, to the house I had practically just run past, to see Frank standing at the door, looking straight ahead of him not even noticing me. I smiled to myself, realising he hadn’t changed in the slightest. His hair was a little longer, and dyed black and red, he had a few more tattoos, but to me, he still hadn’t changed.
‘‘Honey!’’ My mom screeched with excitement as she pulled the door open.
I shot my head towards her, a grin plastered its way to my face at seeing her. I had missed her so much over the past year and a half…I just couldn’t bring myself to come home because I didn’t think Frank would be here, but now, I’m glad I did. I wrapped my arms around her then introduced her to Rosie. She led her into the house, taking both our suitcases then I heard a familiar voice call my name.
I looked back to Franks house where he stood leaning over his porch banister waving frantically at me. I grinned and waved back then stopped. I looked at a girl, just a little smaller then Frank walk up behind him and wrap her arms around his waist, then kissed his neck. He turned away from me and kissed her lips.
My heart sank, my smile faltered and I regretted coming home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realise these are rather short chapters...hey ho