Status: Slow updates because of school.

God Knows I Need An Angel Like You

Introductions.

Life is like a merry-go-round, it goes around and around until it stops then starts a new cycle of going around in circles. Just like me, I go around and around like life does, it makes me nauseous. Who am I? I am Keysia-Ann Emmerson and this would be my merry-go-round.

I just moved from a small "off the map" town to a big city, talk about big change, right? I never really liked 'cliques'; I had always thought that it was dumb. I did have an encounter with one once and I have to admit I did wish to be a part of it, at the time. I remember it like as if it were yesterday..

I had came home from school and my mom had brought me to a fancy store, you know the ones where you're scared to even look at the price tag? Well, I had seen some popular girls from school and they walked over to me and asked me my name, so naturally I told them my name with a smile, they looked at my clothes and laughed. They had told me that poor people weren't aloud in stores like this. Such wonderful little girls they were. But enough with the past, right now I'm discovering the wonders that holds the city of Henderson, odd name I know. The last place I lived in Canada was called Two-Mountains and trust me there weren't any mountains.

I guess I should explain why I moved, right? Unless you don't want to know which would be fine with me but I guess it would be polite of me to say. How should I explain this? An extraordinary event changed my life forever. I lead a nice life back in Two-Mountains but once my father had decided to end his own life I had become a wreck, literally.

I had pushed everyone away and ended so many friendships that I had literally no one to go to for help. I had gone into a catatonic state, everyone feared me because of my outbursts and my unresponsiveness. I had been put into a metal institute for further evaluation but it didn't gain result so I had came out after being there for only two weeks with again, no result. No one really knew why this event had taken such a big toll on me but neither did I. It's almost like it unleashed something, like as if I snapped. It's been two years since it happened and I guess I have gotten out of my catatonic state since I'm 'fully responsive' as the doctors say.

There was once a boy in my life, his name was Gabriel, yes just like the angel, but he was broken angel. I loved him but I never admitted it. I lost him while I was in my dark period. I have to say that I've chosen some wrong paths but I'm trying my best to get on the right one.

Did mention my father's name was Luke and my mother's Diana? Well, my mother is still alive but let's just say that since I snapped two years ago, she hasn't been so loving. There was once a time in my life where I thought that nothing could get any better but that feeling has changed, kinda like the seasons do.

Well, enough about my past let's talk about now. Right now, I'm sitting on a park bench watching little kids play around a playground, they look so happy it actually makes me smile. This city is a fresh start for me, it's my ticket out of 'Freaks Ville'. It's fun to know that no one knows me as 'Keysia the mentally ill sixteen year old girl with suicidal tendencies'. For the record I was never suicidal, just very depressed. To everyone I'm just a new brown haired, brown eyed and pretty faced girl.. With a secret. I have to admit that I do like the fact that I can sit here and know that no one will run away from me. Its peaceful.

Walking home I see some houses, some big, some huge but mine is unfortunately the smallest one on the street. As I entered the house I saw the boxes that contained my past, I had yet to open them. I knew I'd have to at some point so I picked one of mine up and walked up the stairs into my room. I sat on my bed and I opened the box. The first thing I saw was a picture of mom and dad, I loved that picture. The night that I found out that my father died I had held that picture so close to me I had a bruise the next morning. I sighed at the memory and put it on my nightstand next to my lamp.

I glanced to the wall in front of me which was still white. I really needed to paint my room but I couldn't chose which color I wanted it to be yet, I was stuck in between having it hot pink, lime green or big bird yellow, what can I say? I found myself liking bright booming colors, let's just say that I needed a change.

I looked into the box again and saw my dvd case, I loved movies, especially animated Disney ones like Monsters Inc. and Wall-E. I had the whole Disney animated collection from Bambi to the latest movie, Bolt. My favorites are Finding Nemo and The Artistocats. Being bored I put the box aside and lied down in my big empty bed and fell into a dreamless sleep.

"Keysia, wake up you lazy bum we have company!" Shouted my mother, Diana.

I opened up my eyes and shifted to my side to see my alarm clock, the numbers '5:13' appeared on it in bright red that could annoy any sleepy person. I had only slept two hours and by now it had gotten dark since it was late Autumn but it was amazingly illuminated all thanks to Vegas, ugh.

Getting up I wondered who would be here, I mean we were new and there was no chance in hell she could have made friends since we haven't even been here for a week, hell she hasn't even gone outside yet! Kicking my self in the ass to get down stairs to see who has woken me up wasn't super duper fun, it was even less fun when I saw a short blond haired woman who looked around my mom's age with two kids, a girl and a boy. Both siblings looked to be my around age. Curiosity struck the girls eyes whilst the boy looked like he really did not want to be here. I didn't want to be here either, so I didn't blame him.

"Welcome to Henderson, I hope you'll like it here. My name is Elaine and these are my babies," She put her hands on each of the kids shoulders; "Tasha and Jay." Presented the blond haired lady with a beaming smile.

Tasha smiled once her name was spoken and Jay simply rolled his eyes. Honestly, I just wanted to slap that exasperated look off his face, but knowing that I would be severely punished I held my anger and forced a smile as my mom started her own introduction.

"Thank you Elaine, I'm sure that we'll love it here. I'm Diana, Diana Emmerson and this," She gestured to me. "Is my lovely daughter Keysia-Ann." She smiled knowing that I had something in common with some normal people.

"Would you like to sit down and have some coffee or.. tea?" She quickly asked her guests.

"Tea would be great, thanks." Elaine said following my mother into the kitchen leaving me with the seemingly nice girl and the boy that needs to learn some damn manners..

"So, Keysia is it? Where did you come from?" Asked Tasha with a general interest in myself.

I brushed my too-long-bangs behind my ears and replied; "From a small town called Two-Mountains, in Canada."

She nodded and stood patiently; "Wow, that's amazing Keysia!"

I grumbled at the sound of my name; "You know Tasha, that is my name but could please just call me Sia?" She looked at me intently with her icy blue eyes and nodded her head, once again.

"Ooo you lived in the mountains? How was it? Where there any bears? Was it cold up there?" Her words had made me laugh which left her with a confused expression. She had no idea that technically there weren't any mountains in 'Two-Mountains' but ironically the town next to it did in fact have some, many actually.

"Um, did I say something funny, Sia?" I couldn't help but laugh even more when she started to look embarrassed.

"No, no of course not! It's just that there wasn’t any mountains in 'Two-Mountains', there was just little houses by the river and pot holes in the streets. Ironically, the town next to it called 'Point-Calumet' actually has mountains."

She looked at her brother of which was now listening to loud music, I rolled my eyes as I offered Tasha to come and sit down in the living room. She agreed and followed, Jay stayed at his place in the hallway, not ever moving from his spot.

There wasn't much in the living room yet, just the couch, the coffee table and a bunch of unpacked boxes. She sat down and we had a conversation about what we liked. I found out that we had a lot in common like that she also liked Disney animated movies and she liked makeup like I did, hell she even liked the same bands as I did!

"This could be a start to a beautiful friendship." I said quietly to myself.

"What was that?" She said slightly confused but still smiling.

"Oh nothing, I didn't say anything." I said quickly, too quickly but she didn't say anything. She looked past me to the person standing behind me, I turned around to see Jay standing there quite awkwardly.

"What do you want?" She coldly asked; I was curious into why she spoke to him in that tone but I didn't bother ask.

"I'm bored, mom's blabbing and my ipod's dead." He said putting his hands deep into his jacket pockets, not sharing any eye contact with me.

"Well, that's not my problem now, is it?" She continued with the same tone as before.

"No, but can I borrow yours?" He looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"Hell no the last time you borrowed it, you gave it back to me all scratched up so, no." She said it with her continuous bitter tone. I looked at him and he looked rather angry like he was about to argue but something stopped him.

"You know, I have an old cd player upstairs if you'd like to borrow it. I also have quite a big collection of cd's. You could look through them if you'd like, you know, to pass the time?" He looked at me surprised so did Tasha but her expression was more confused and somewhat flabbergasted.

"That would be cool, thanks." He followed me to my room where my cd's were. I showed him the boxes that contained them and left him to roam them and headed towards the stairs but he stopped me right before stepping down on the first step.

"Thanks, again." He looked at me, I hadn't noticed his emerald green eyes, his pink lips and pale complexion, he was gorgeous but I wasn't bound to admit it. I smiled and went down stairs and sat back down on the couch now admiring Tasha's traits. She had platinum blond hair like her mother, icy blue eyes that could peer into your soul, a small perfect nose and perfect lips that curled up into a warm welcoming smile, she beautiful.

"I'm sorry about my brother, he just isn't a people person. He pretends to be tough guy so no one will come near him but he's really just a shy little boy." Tasha said that last part with a soft laugh.

"It's alright, I understand." It's true, I really did but she wouldn't know that.

"Um this might be inappropriate but um, where's your dad?" She asked with that same curious look as before.

"Oh um, he died two years ago.." I said quietly not really wanting to get into detail, she looked at me sympathetically and took my hand.

"I'm sorry for your loss, I know how death feels." She looked on the floor with such sadness.

"Did your father die?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, in a car accident when I was eleven.." She finally looked up at me and smiled, she felt my pain.

"I'm glad I finally met someone who knows how death feels like." She smiled once again.

The last thing I remember was my memories rushing through my mind like race cars, one by one, mom, dad, Gabriel, Christine my ex best friend, Sheppy my dog, Annie my cat, Denise my grandmother, old friends, other family members, birthday parties, school days, old dreams. It was like as if my life was flashing before my eyes so quickly. I was feeling so dizzy, I was feeling so weak, so nauseated. Then everything stopped, everything went black.

I fell unconscious, again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but here's the first chapter, do not fear it does get better.