Status: Slow updates because of school.

God Knows I Need An Angel Like You

Hospital.

"Keysia?!" Screamed Tasha as Jay came running down the stairs just as Elaine and my mother came rushing into the living room.

Panicked, Tasha took out her cell phone and dialed 911, she told them that we were just sitting here talking casually and then suddenly I fell unconscious. I hated when this happened. I would get all stressed out, then everything would get too fast for me to even comprehend, it became gibberish, then I would start to get anxious, then poof, down goes Sia then everyone gets fucking hysterical.

I awoke in a white room, no not my white room, a hospital room. Oh how I hated these, I had only spent two weeks in a mental institute but I still hated it. My whole time spent there was horrible, the people weren't exactly friendly but on the other hand I wasn't either.

I was absolutely alone and it was getting to me so I sighed and looked at the heart monitor next to me..

"Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep," I was starting to wonder when the doctor would come and see me because the beeping noises and the white walls were getting on my nerves rather quickly.

A long time passed before a man in his late twenties stepped into the room with a paper and notebook in his hand, he looked at me then back to his paper.

"Keysia-Ann Emmerson?" He said questioningly.

"Yes?" I answered in the same tone.

"I am doctor Carlisle Pearson, I'm here to see if you are feeling any better." He finally put the paper down at the foot of the bed and looked at me smiling, he looked pretty young to be a doctor but who am I to judge?

"I'm fine, really. This happens a lot." His eyebrows connected and his smile faded, oh great he's 'concerned'.

"When did this first start?" He said, eyebrows still connected.

"Two years ago." I said looking at my heart monitor to distract me.

"How did it start?" He asked picking up the note book and the pen then looked back at me as if it were a signal for me to continue.

"It started when my father died." I didn't feel like getting into detail I just wanted to go home, I was getting rather hungry and I really didn't want to stay for hospital food.

"Why exactly did it start?" Ugh, I really don't feel like doing this, I passed out, who cares? Everyone does once in a while, right? Right?

"Because I get nervous." I answered quickly, he looked at me sighing. I knew he wanted a better answer then that but I really wasn't in the mood to take a stroll down memory lane.

"Care to tell me how you feel when it happens?" I could answer that.

"My life flashes before my eyes like speeding cars, it makes me nauseous then boom, black out." He looked like he was trying not to laugh because of my extravagant hand motions explaining how I feel when it happens. He finished writing this down and took another look at me.

"Well you seem okay, do you feel okay?" Wait, didn't I answer this already? Dumb young blond doctor. (No offence to any blond doctors out there.)

"I already told you that I feel perfectly fine." I said raising my hands up in the air, he chuckled then left the room for a few moments then came back in with a yellow paper, he handed it to me with a pen.

"Sign this and you're free to go." I gladly signed it as he started taking the needles out of my arm and pushed down the bed bar. As I got up, I got up too fast and felt dizzy.

"You okay there?" He questioned again, I nodded. "Your clothes are in the bag in the blue chair in the corner, get changed. I'll be waiting outside the room, okay?" I nodded again, took the bag and headed for the bathroom.

Once I got out of the bathroom there were already some nurses changing the bed and such, so I waved them off and met the doctor outside.

"Your mother has been so worried, I had to send her home last night." He said as we walked, I wasn't really sure where he was leading me but he's the doctor so yeah.

Wait... WHAT?!

"Wait, I stayed the night!?" I asked confusingly.

"You were passed out cold Ms. Emmerson." He said in a soft tone.

Ewww. I was in a hospital over night, I could have been molested for all I know! I know it's childish seeing as I have already done this but at least then I didn't sleep, I stayed awake for two weeks straight, don't ask. Catatonic effects.

"Oh thank god!" A familiar voice said in front of me, it was my mom. She held me close to her and for after what seemed an eternity she let go of me and thanked the doctor, I thanked him too, shook his hand and all that stuff then I went on my way back home.

On the car ride home I found myself thinking about Tasha and Jay. I wondered about what had happened after I fell, did they come with me to the hospital? Did they just go home? Did Jay laugh at me? Was Tasha worried? Funny how I just met this girl but I feel just like how I felt when I was with Christine.

Oh, have I spoke about her yet? No? Oh, I'm sorry. She was the best friend a person could ever have, she was always there when you needed her. She would always look out for people even those she didn't know. When we were little, when I would hurt myself or something I would go crying to her calling her 'mommy' because she always knew how to fix things, even boo boos. Tasha reminded me of her, I know me and her will be close friends, I can feel it and that makes me pretty darn happy.

It had been two and a half weeks since I came out of the hospital and that Tasha would come over almost every day. It was more then safe to say that I was happy to be home and away from all those beeping noises coming from everywhere. Today it was quiet seeing as my mom went out to do groceries.

I was left alone with my dog named Sheppy, he's an Australian Shepherd of which to me are the most beautiful dogs on the planet. I got him when he was only six weeks old, he fit in the palm of my hand. He was the runt of the family, I guess that's why I chose him over a liter of ten. He's a special dog, he actually seems to understand me when I talk to him. He's my protector, my body guard and my baby.

I was bored and Sheppy was in desperate need of a walk so I decided to get changed into some comfy black pants, a white tank top, my Avenged Sevenfold hoodie and my black running shoes. I grabbed his short red leash, tied him up and we were ready to go. As we walked out I had noticed that there was actually many kids my age around here. Some actually looked friendly--almost curious about me and some just couldn't care less.

Today I had decided to go the opposite direction that I went the last time when I had found that park. I was glad that we went this way because I had found a cute coffee shop that I could go to when I had nothing to do, I had also seen the school I would be going to go to in the spring. It was very big even for such a big city, I figured that other smaller towns would go there too.

Honestly I wasn't really excited about going back to school because of my past experiences. I wasn't really feeling up to people throwing stuff at me and giving me a lot of unwanted attention just because I would be the shiny new toy. I really hate that expression, it really sounds oddly sexual. I laughed at my latest thought, I knew that would have made Zenzi, one of my old friends, laugh too. I miss them, my old friends, I really do.

The sound of someone calling my name rather loudly broke me out of my reminiscing state. I turned around to see Tasha running towards me, I couldn't help but smile when she was around.

"H-hey!" She said catching her breath smiling. Was it me or did this girl smile a lot?

"Hey, what's up?" I said looking straight at her with Sheppy sniffing his new best friend.

"I've been calling you for the past two blocks!" I looked at her wide-eyed and quite embarrassed.

"Sorry, I was sort of strolling down memory lane." She nodded and seemed to have understood.

"Wanna grab a bite to eat?" She asked me, I looked down to Sheppy as he panted, he was thirsty and so was I so hey, why not?

"Sure, but um what about him?" I pointed down to my adorable two year old dog.

"Oh we could always sit on a terrace or I could order something inside and come back to eat it outside with you?" Honestly I liked the second idea better because like I said earlier Sheppy was my guard dog and anyone who would get close to me would most likely get their leg bitten off.. Speaking of which, he just loved Tash, yes, I call her Tash now, I mean we've been friends for almost a month now so I'm entitled into calling her by her nickname, right? Lord, I still sound like a freak.

"I like the second idea better than the first." I said.

"What would you like?" I was in the mood for a banana and chocolate chip muffin.

"Um, a banana and chocolate chip muffin and two bottles of water. One for me and one for him." I said pointing to my dog.

"Okie dokie. I'll be right back!" She said in that cheerful voice of hers and then bounces across the street like a little girl. I wonder what makes her so happy, I mean, she experienced death too. What was her secret? Was she high all the time or something? What pills was she on and where could I get those? Or was it that she was simply, naturally, genuinely happy? I really wish I knew.

Time passed and I gave up on thinking about her secret to happiness and then I began to think about her brother. Her gorgeous brother. No. Oh hell no. I can't think about him like that. I barely know him and he's a jerk. But then again he really is mysterious and hot. No, no, no, no and no. God Keysia-Ann you're so stupid.

"Here you go, a bottle of water and a banana and chocolate chip muffin for you and a chocolate chip muffin for me. Oh! I almost forgot," she bent down to Sheppy and took out a plastic recyclable bowl and poured water into it for him. "There, now everyone's happy!" She said cheerfully as she took a bite out of her muffin.

As the day progressed my thoughts of Mr. Jay continued circling my mind. It was odd really, that guy was such a jerk but apparently that was just a mask to protect himself. Funny. After the coffee shop and the muffins we had continued walking with Tash, we had followed a cute pathway into the park and found a nice bench to sit on and chat. We had talked about her life, that's when I found out that she had just broken up with her boyfriend and that when she would grow up she wanted to be a designer and work with Dolce & Gabana. She had promised me a dress when she would become a famous fashion designer. I also found out that her birthday was the 15th of December so I figured that it meant 'get ready for my birthday', I, out of politeness told her my birth date.

By this time it was getting late and dark so we had decided to head home but she wanted to stop at the video store while heading home to pick up some movies for us to watch at her house since her mom was always working so she was never home and Jay, well Jay was usually at his friends' house so she was pretty much alone all the time.

"Here we are!" Tash said with her hands basically presenting me the movie store. She reminded me of those girls from the price is right when they present a prize, haha.

"Okay, well go in I gotta stay with Shep." Tonight I felt like a horror-comedy like Shaun of the Dead or something like that, wait, exactly that.

"What movies do you want me to get?" Shaun of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead.

"Shaun of the Dead, it's a comedy-zombie movie, it's hilarious, I swear!" I said and she agreed.

"I know, right!? I just love that movie!" Honestly I was very surprised to hear her say that, I mean, she didn't look the horror type at all.

"Okay so I'll get that one. I'll look around for some other interesting ones 'kay?" I nodded with a smile and as she walked in the store; I thought: I love this girl.

She came out with a huge bag, inside there was about six movies and a big bag of popcorn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, not very long but there you go, also it does get better in the next chapter.