Status: Slow updates because of school.

God Knows I Need An Angel Like You

Horror.

It had been four days since that day where I sat in front of my house admiring life's beauty. Tash's birthday was three days ago. Tash's mom Elaine wanted to celebrate it privately with her so they, as in Elaine, Jay and Tash all went to this big fancy ass restaurant in Vegas. Apparently, the food was so-so which surprised me I mean, aren't fancy restaurants supposed to be high quality or something? Honestly I wouldn't know, I've never been.

Anyhow, her mom had bought her a beautiful silver chain with a diamond encrusted locket. She showed it to me and damn, I could have easily slipped it into my pocket and run home with it. Back to the point, Jay had gotten her some lame gift card to some weird clothing store, that jerk. Well, at least he gave her something right? It's the thought that counts. I on the other hand found her the perfect present, well perfect according to her.

I had given her a stuffed polar bear with her name embroidered in blue on it's stomach. I really didn't know what to get her and then I got to thinking, ice blue, ice, Alaska, polar bears. I really thought that she would laugh at it but instead she looked pretty happy. I wondered why, I mean it wasn't expensive, it was a simple teddy bear. Now that I think of it, maybe that's why she likes it.

Today was Friday which meant that her birthday party was tonight. I didn't really feel like going, not because I was tired of her and her brother but because I wasn't in the 'Oh yay, meeting new people is fun!' mood. I was more looking forward to finally painting my room. Yes, I finally decided on the color, lime green and hot pink, cool right?

Anyways, I was waiting on Tash to come home from school so I could get this party thing over with. Knowing that she would be home in a matter of minutes I gathered my dress, my shoes and my jewelry and waited for her to yell my name. Like I said, it was only a matter of minutes.

"Sia! Get your butt down here! Now!" Just as expected old yeller did exactly what I'd said she'd do.

I got off my bed, grabbed my things and went down stairs. She was waiting for me in my living room, quietly and impatiently tapping her foot. I didn't see her until she came bouncing in front of me.

"Are you ready to meet most of the people you're going to go to school with?" She asked looking utterly excited, I couldn't help but feeling guilty that I didn't share her enthusiasm.

"Um, sure?" I answered trying to be just as excited as I watched her jump with glee.

"Wonderful! Now, we gotta get ready." She said with her signature smile with her having the famous last words, I sat on her bed, in her huge room.

For the past hour I had watched her scramble for her new nail polish and quickly but efficiently put it on. She had did her makeup and brushed her hair. I honestly believed that she didn't need the makeup.

Once she decided to get changed into her dress I figured that it was time that I got ready too. I changed into my gorgeous dress and simply put on two coats of waterproof mascara, I was ready. It wasn't long until a vast sea of people magically appeared. I really don't know where the time goes but I hope it's going somewhere nice.

Tash would constantly bring me to people so she could introduce me, honestly I felt like the new toy without even taking a step into my future school. I had met what looked like thousands of people and I didn't like most of them.

They were all so vain and stuck up, well most of them were except this one guy. Ryan, Jay's friend. I met him, he was actually pretty nice we didn't talk for long since he had to go home, something about band practice.

At this very moment I was sitting on my favorite red love seat watching everybody laughing, smiling and dancing. There wasn't much room between each person and I was starting to feel a little claustrophobic so I was contemplating whether I should leave. I mean, I could have just easily sneak out of the back door, there were so many people that Tash wouldn't have minded or actually notice my sudden disappearance. I knew that it was rude and this would rub up against everything I stand for so I had decided to stay. I would stay but I had told myself to go somewhere less crowded. At first I had decided to go up into Tash's room but then soon realized that the door was locked.

"Fuck." I muttered to myself knowing that no one could hear me and then that's when I had one of my crazy ideas.

As I slowly crept up the hall way, I knew where I was heading off to. No one seemed to be inside so I slowly opened the door and took a peak inside. No one, perfect. I slipped inside the dark room, smiling, knowing very well where I stood. I didn't see the person laying down on the bed looking very confused. It was pitch black, what did you expect? Night vision?

"Excuse me?" Someone said in a groggy tone, they sounded like they had just woken up.

I was a little short for words as I paced around the room silently hoping that the person would go back to bed so I can just sit in the dark in peace. It's not like I was going to bother them. Something had moved in the corner of the room and then I heard shuffling. The person got up and was probably going to discover an odd girl in an odd position in the very corner of the room. The light came on and blinded me as I was staring straight at him. Yep, you got it right, it was Jay. He was wearing the same thing as this morning when I saw him leave for school. He looked like he wasn't fully awake yet, it was awfully cute.

"Huh? What the hell are you doing in my room?" He asked still half asleep, scratching his head.

"I, um, got sick of all the people, I thought that no one was in here. I was going to hang up here until most of the people left." I said looking at his feet.

"You don't like being the center of attention, don't you?" He asked now fully awake and taking a seat on the floor next to me.

"It makes me paranoid." I answered quietly.

"Ah," he stopped and turned his face to me.

"I'm guessing Tasha doesn't know that you're up here?" I shook my head no.

"Okay well, what would you like to do?" He asked in a polite tone.

My eyes widened as this new form of niceness entered his ever so lovely eyes.

"I don't know, do you have any movies or games laying around?" I asked curiously enjoying the offer.

"I think so," he got up and started looking around for either things and fell on a film.

"I got the Exorcist," He said showing me the box. "but I understand if it's too scary for you, I almost forgot that you were a baby." He said in his childish tone, smirking, I rolled my eyes.

"For the record, I'm sixteen and I don't mind, I like that movie." I loudly exclaimed trying to stand my ground.

"Alright, whatever you say." He said raising his arms in the air by defeat then waltzed over to his dvd player on the shelf under his plasma screen television. He took the dvd out of it's case and blew on it and put it in the dvd player. As he walked back to his bed he turned to me.

"Are you gonna sit there the whole time or are you going to sit here?" He asked waiting on my response to play the movie.

I hesitated, what if someone walked in and thought something completely false? What if it were Tash? I'd be dead, for sure. I didn't quite get why I was so dumb when it came to guys I liked but this was really getting me in trouble. Oddly enough, I didn't care. I walked over to his bed and sat down awkwardly at the foot as he pressed play.

Along the movie, I gradually moved up the bed. We would laugh when the possessed girl would talk, he had said that she sounded and looked like his grandmother. Things weren't awkward towards the end of the film.

I was now sitting right next to him with our forearms touching. Although the comfort, the butterflies in my stomach never ceased to stop fluttering. To him this was just watching a movie with his sister's friend, to me it was a perfect night. Of course, I wouldn't admit that to him or Tash since Tash would never know what I did on her big birthday bash. No one would, except him and I. I noticed that his eyes were becoming droopy and I knew that meant "sleepy time" for him.

After the film we had talked. That's when I found out that he didn't cheat on his ex, it was the other way around. Tash and his ex were close friends. Tash preferred believing her friend then her own brother. Turns out that the main reason Tash was so harsh was because his ex had fed her lies about him being the cheat and not her. Bloody hypocrite would be dead right now if she were here.

Ironically, she used to live where I live today. He wasn't a cheating jerk, he was just an angry boy. He did have a cocky attitude but I guess that's one of the reasons why I liked him. Like I predicted he had fallen asleep with his head nuzzled up to my thigh.

"Cute but deadly." I said to myself watching him drool all over my dress.

Resting my head against the wall I wondered what time it was and if anyone had left yet. It seemed quiet and I knew I had to leave the room before anyone got suspicious so I slowly removed myself from the warmth that was Jay and tiptoed across the room and silently walking out shutting the door behind me.

"Sia?" I heard a voice echo down the hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three subscribers, yay! I know that it's short but please bare with me, I'm already working on the sixth. Hope you like it and if you do feel free to comment.