Pete Wentz Academy

Four: The Girl

At first, it sounded like a snort.

The kind of snort that escapes your lips when you're disgusted, the kind of snort that's spat when you're holding back laughter, and what Sera hated the most, the kind of snort that displays utter humor and disbelief.

"That's actually very funny," Meb tried so hard to hold it back, that he chocked. The tears dribbled down his pale cheeks.

"You don't believe me?" Drake eyed him incredulously, snatching a chair from behind and in Sera's horror, placing himself beside her.

"It's not that. It's just... wait," Meb looked at Sera who is strangely quiet, munching on a few cheese sticks in an innocent and adorable manner. "If this is true, I think I'll roleplay Harry Potter for a day."

"Well good luck finding the costume. We have twigs somewhere here though, that can serve as the wand," Drake answered him matter-of-factly.

"Sera couldn't have kissed a guy," Drake gulped down his pepsi.

"Why couldn't I have?" Sera retorted, outrageous of the fact that her best friend didn't believe that she could actually attract someone.

"Because you're Sera," He eyed her, indifferent, not taking note of her poor feelings.

"Well I did, so stfu Meb," Sera huffed and swished her stringy brown hair in an egoist manner, stomping out of their way to order salad. Her flats echoing through the hallway as she mumbled and muttered under her breath.

"Did she, really?" Meb looked at Drake, flabbergasted as he watched Sera fade away. His jaw hung open, as if waiting for flies to come in.

"It was an accident. She fell on James and their lips collided." Drake said, matter-of-factly, skipping the "i pushed her into the boy's restroom" part. His eyes twinkled in humor as he remembered the poor incident.

"Does that count in her romantic history?" Meb rolled his eyes.

"Pff. Unless they end up together, I guess not," Drake bit his lip. He was starting to like Meb more and more, and the fact that they viewed Sera in the same way entertained him.

"Poor girl."

"First kiss."

"I can hear you," Sera singsonged and smacked Drake and Meb on the head with her tray, bumps on each side of their heads rose from the core, considering that the tray was hard plastic.

"That actually hurt." Drake scratched the small bump on his jet black head.

"You know, if I die of a brain-nerve collapse then you'll live in regret for the rest of your life," Meb muttered.

"Brain-nerve collapse?" Sera snorted, rolling her eyes. "Sure, Meb."

-----

The bell rung it's shill cry and for the first time that day, Sera was extremely relieved that it did, right on timing. She trotted noisily down the hallway ignoring the stares, the glances, the two doinkheads at the other head watching her as she disappeared.

"Aren't you going to the same class?" Meb asked Drake, adjusting his shoulder bag.

Drake chuckled, wondering if he should actually feel sorry for Sera.

"I feel bad for her already," Meb shook his head, as if to reveal pity.

"You think we should leave her trotting inside the school not knowing where her next classroom is?" The Gerard Way reincarnate asked.

"Let her be. I don't think we can catch up to her, anyway," Meb touched the banisters lightly as they walked up.

"You're pretty evil," Drake eyed Meb.

"Says who?"

"Says me."

"Look who's talking," Meb snorted.

Drake rolled his eyes, and carefully made his way through the crowded hallway as Meb looked at him in disbelief. Evil? He thought, slowly. But then for a split second he turned around to the direction Sera headed, as if expecting her to be just there, fumbling. Don't get lost, Sera, don't get lost.

----

"Are you lost?" A soft voice came from behind, Sera turned around.

"Is it that obvious?" Sera sighed, clutching her shoulder bag tightly, and fumbling with the school map.

"That's the wrong map. That map is for the second campus," The girl chuckled, snatching the map from Sera's hands.

Sera took a quick glance at the girl. She was the prettiest, cutest most adorable thing in the world, her jet black hair glided across her back in spikey-like manner, while her hazel eyes shown. She moved in elegance, and her smile literally radiated. Sera felt a pang of jealousy.

She looks like someone, Sera thought, slowly.

"Man, today's pretty much a daze for me. Strange things have been happening to me," Sera mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"You're Sera aren't you?" The girl went closer and closer, as if examining her face.

"Oh, yeah I am. How did you know that?" A little electrical wave of shock vibrated through her body.

"You don't happen to be a flirt do you?" Sera looked taken-aback and stared at the girl, quickly. A flirt?

"I..I.. what?" But the girl still looked indifferent. She looked like a person so straightforward, yet you couldn't just hate her.

"People have been talking," The girl swished her bangs away. "But I wouldn't worry about that, If I were you. Where's your next class?"

"... English, I uh---" Sera felt dizzy from the sudden rush of events.

"Good. That's my class, too." She chirped happily, and strided off. Sera followed her, mumbling and muttering her way there. She stared at the girl's back in disbelief.

It was like the day Kristen Hawford told her that she was too small. The day her mother told her to lose some weight, the moment Meb told her she couldn't attract anyone. Sera's eyes swam in confusion.

A flirt?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know what you're thinking. Omg, it's that: "girl gets stuck between boys" conflict in high school kind of story. Wait for the twist, wait for the twist. This is literally just the beginning so, it gets better.

Thank you for the comments, I love you all, now. ^________________^