Natural Beauty

One Shot

The boat bobbed up and down calmly in the blue water. Faintly I could hear people speaking in so many different languages whether it be English, Turkish or maybe even German. But I never really took in any of their conversations as I stared down at what looked like a whole other world.

Honestly I was happier to stay on the boat than go ashore so I sat with my legs up on the side board with the sun burning down on me with such an intense heat. The natural light reflected off of the surface of the sea and made the water seem like it was glittering; everything about the country seemed to be filled with temptation.

It was like God was testing me, seeing if I’d reach for the forbidden fruit and leap from the hot metal bars into the cool ocean. I sang a song softly to myself as a smaller motor boat pulled up along side ours making the water ripple from it’s movement. Everything was just so tranquil; the fairytale mountains nearby, the flashes of colour as fish swam in schools, the fresh sea breeze that whipped through my brown hair.

Honestly, I had wished to miss the boat trip before but in that moment I was glad that I had come along.
♠ ♠ ♠
300 word limit for a competition. Originally posted to VF.
Photograph in the banner is my own.