Secrets and Memories of Bottles, and Bruising

The Car Coming Up The Road

PREVIOUSLY:

After what felt like an eternity, which in reality probably were a couple of seconds, they heard the sound of a car driving up the road that led to the school camp.
Saved! he thought.

How wrong he was.

_______________________________________________________________________

The teacher, Brigit, cut off the sound of the car.
"Adam, Mia, Katarina and ... Alexander."
Me!? Alexander thought
"Go out and see who it is."
Alexander was standing and waiting for the other three. Adam, Mia, Katarina, and himself, Alexander, was on the way out the door when they were interrupted by Brigit’s last comment.
"Remember to behave properly and be polite!"
"Yeah, yeah" they all replied - except for Alexander - he was just quiet, as usual.

They walked out of the room, closed the door after them and went to the front door.
You could hear the rain outside, ruining the silence that would normally be in the room. Through the large window, you could see two lights from the front of the car – they lit up the dark landscape that lay outside, and you could now see the rain, that poured down into something that sounded and looked like infinite quantities.

Alexander moved toward the window, while the others went straight to the front door, which was right beside the window.
Alexander froze as he looked out the window. It was in that second he found out how right his feeling about tellign his secret was and how wrong his earlier assumption in being saved was.
He was far from being saved.

Now it would be revealed.
There was no way out of this.

What has happened has happened, and nobody can change that.

The car, which was parked just outside, was a police car. A police car with two policemen - one was coming out of the car. Alexander heard the other three mumble about why there was police here. They had no idea, but he had. Alexander knew very well why they were here.
Too well.

Katarina opened the door and stepped out on the doorstep, followed by Adam and Mia, who was right behind - still inside. Alexander stood as bonded solid, and looked out the glass in the window.
He followed every movement that the policeman did.

He studied the car and saw that there was another policeman inside the car. Also hegot out of the car, and they walked together up to the open door where the children stood. Alexander took a deep breath, and placed himself beside Mia.

"Are you the children from Cherry Top High School?" asked one policeman.
"Uh," said Katarina hesitant. You could hear she was nervous.
"Yes, we are," said Adam.
"Why? Is something wrong?” He asked quickly.
"It is best if we come in. We would like to talk to your teacher," said the second policeman.

The four children moved so the policemen could come in. Alexander now saw them in the light, and could look at them closely.
--- The policeman who had talked to them at first, were in his mid-thirties, and rather tall. His name, Steven, was written on his uniform.
--- The other was in his early-fifties, and a bit smaller than Steven. His uniform had Bill written on it.

Mia showed them the door that led into the room, and told them that Brigit, the teacher, was in there.
When Bill walked past, he got eye contact with Alexander, who could see that Bill had discovered him. Alexander knew, unfortunately, how much he resembled his father.

They all went together into the room and silence spread quickly when the class discovered who had just entered.
Brigit stood up and walked with Steven and Bill out the door.

The class began to talk, but Alexander was, as usual, just quiet and said nothing.

He already knew what would happen.
He knew that in a minute the door would open and they would ask him to enter.
He knew that he would end up telling them everything.
Almost everything.
There was one thing he would never reveal.

He would not.

He could not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dam da da dam....

What in the world is his secret!?

I know!! :D