Come back to me

I've been alone all along

I called her phone but she didn't answer. I left her a message.

"Audrina, I'm sorry I wouldn't listen. I just heard from my agent. I need to know if you're ok. I am coming up and I want to talk to you. Please call me back as soon as you get this message. Please text me or something. I'm so sorry. I hope to hear from you soon."

She needed me to be with her and I needed her with me.

My phone rang.

"Kris?" she whispered.

"Babe, I'm sorry."

"Why couldn't you just listen?" she asked, quietly.

"I couldn't just pick up and leave without an explanation. I wish I would have just listened to you."

"Me too because I need you now more than ever." she said. I heard her start to cry.

"Please don't cry Love." I said.

"I need you." she whispered.

"I need you too." I whispered, a tear rolling down my face.

"Don't cry Tangers."

"Oh Audrina......."

"The number to get a plane ticket is on your refrigerator."

"Can I call you back?" I asked her.

"You buying a ticket?"

"Yes."

"I'll talk to you later Kristopher."

"Bye babe."

I bought my ticket and then I packed everything. I didn't call her because I knew where she was. She was at Luc's house.

I walked up the steps and knocked on the door.

"Got it!" I heard her voice muffled through the door. She opened the door and ran into my arms. I stroked her hair.

"Babe, it's ok. I'm here now." I said. I was crying into her hair.

"Did you mean what you said?"

"No. I didn't mean it at all."

"Kris, I can't believe you. I was the only one there and you just kicked me out."

"Babe, come back to me."

"If only it were that easy my love. Let's get through this and go from there."

"No. Settle it now." I yelled.

"Kristopher Letang, this is why."

"why what?"

"Why I can't come back to you. I'm not coming back to you in Pittsburgh."

"Please."

"No. Leave me alone." she said spitting my words.

"Fine. Suffer this alone." I returned icily.

"I will. Haven't I all along?" she said. She walked out of my grip and over to a room. She walked in and shut the door.

Oh Audrina don't you see? I need you more than you need me.

**

I talked to Luc's mom and to my parents. I talked to his friends. I tried not to cry.

**

Luc's mom showed me my room. I found paper and a pen.

Dear Audrina,
I'm sorry. I know this is hard for you because you grew up with him. All I can do is say sorry. I know I'm not as good as Luc but bear with me. I'm an emotional guy. I don't communicate well and can't tell you how I feel. I love you Audrey, I really do. I can't keep hurting you. When you want to leave here, you know where I am in Pittsburgh. I gave you my address for my house in Montréal. You have my number. I want everything to be ok. I didn't mean anything I said. You deserve much better than me. This can't be the end of you and I. I miss the way I can walk in the door after a bad game and you will try to cheer me up. If I would have never asked you to stay with me for a little while during the Cup run you would have still been with Luc. I want to apologize for everything I have and will do to hurt you. I'm a jerk and I can't stand it. Please don't let me leave without a final goodbye from you. If you need a shoulder to cry on during the funeral I'm still here. I don't want to let you go but I want you to be happy. I'm trying not to cry writing this. I'm sorry Otter. I guess there isn't much left to say to you.

Kristopher

I folded it and slid it under her door. I heard her footsteps. I sat against her door. I heard her slide down. I listened to her and then I heard sobbing. She got up and then came back. After about five minutes the note came back under.

Kris,
I can't do it anymore. I can't take the screaming. I'll take your offer for the shoulder to cry on but I just can't deal with this right now. I'm sorry. If you want to come in and cry or something, the door is open. Tell me when you change because I'm not the girl that you need right now.

Audrina Lecavalier

“I love you.” I said through the door. I got up and went to my room.

I miss you Audrina, I really do. Can't you see? I need you back with me. <//3