‹ Prequel: Story of My Life

All Grown Up

Warped Tour 2012 (Ventura, CA)

May 29, 2012 10:00am

I woke up to someone slamming through the cabinets. I hate people. I turned over to see Brian still asleep. He looked so cute. I managed to climb over him and out of the bunk. Zacky was standing in his boxers and a AC/DC tee looking through the cabinets.

“Thanks for being so loud.” I said. He looked over and smiled.

“Your welcome.” He said and pulled out a bowl and the box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I sat on the couch thing next to Cole and Kane. They were watching Whitest Kids U’ Know. This show was insanely funny. Zacky came and joined us after pouring his bowl of cereal. Dylan, Gena, Val, and Matt must be still asleep. Jake was eating a pop tart and driving. I got up and went to sit in the passenger seat.

“Morning.” I said looking out the window.

“Morning.” He said smiling.

“So, how long do we have?” I asked.

“Not to long. About another half hour and we’ll be there.” He said. I looked at the time.

“Wow we’ll actually be there when it opens this morning.” I said laughing. He nodded.

“Is it hard to drive this monster bus?” I asked him.

“Not really. You know I’ve driven for Audioslave and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.” Jake said.

“Really? That’s so cool.” I said. He nodded. My phone started to ring.

Me: Yo?
Carlie: Hey girl, are you having fun on Warped?
Me: Lots. Are you having fun with your brother?
Carlie: We’re acting crazy like always. We’re in Cleveland, OH right now.
Me: Oh that’s cool. No one’s been arrested yet?
Carlie: Not yet but we have trashed a hotel room.
Me: Nice. We’re in…well I don’t know right now but we’re almost in Ventura.
Carlie: Awesome. Did you run into the best guys ever?
Me: You mean Jack, Alex, Zack, and Rian?
Carlie: Duh
Me: Yeah. We have all the same tour dates for Warped so we’ll be hanging out with them all summer. Also we met this kid band called The Central. They are so awesome. Their like 9, 10 year old kids.
Carlie: Are they any good?
Me: I don’t know yet. We are gonna see them play today.
Carlie: Send me some pictures on Myspace.
Me: I will. Well I better get ready before we get there. I’ll call you later so you can talk to Jack and them. Their having a party on their bus.
Carlie: Ok, bye.

I hung up my phone and got up, going over to my suitcase in the backroom. I pulled out my Hydraulic pork chop cuff jean shorts, Etnies Fader Black, Green, and Blue shoes, and my Live For the Pit Glamour Kills tee. I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I stepped out and dried off and got dressed. I put my dirty clothes in the hamper we had in the back room. I did my hair and make up and went to sit with Gena, Val, Cole, Kane, Dylan, Zacky, Matt, and Brian who were all dressed.

“Whoa Kane, what the hell is that?” I asked referring to the knit ear flap hat he was wearing that had a Mohawk.

“You like it? I got it at American Eagle before we left.” He said. I just smiled.

“All right, we’re here.” Jake said parking. We all got up and walked off the bus.

“When did those kids say they were playing?” Dylan asked.

“1:00pm at the Hurley stage.” Kane said.

“Hey guys.” Alex said coming up to us followed by Jack, Zack, and Rian.

“Hey.” We all said to them.

“We’re gonna go see those kids later. You coming?” Cole asked them.

“Yeah. I wanna see how good they are.” Jack said.

“Right now we’re gonna meet up with NOFX, wanna come?” Alex asked.

“Sure.” Cole said. We all went with Jack, Alex, Rian, and Zack to meet up with NOFX. We soon got to where they were.

“Hey guys, this is some of our friends. This is Cole, Kane, Leah, and Dylan. They’re in that band The Leftouts. And you might already know Brian, Zacky, Matt and Matt and Zacky’s girls Gena and Val from Avenged Sevenfold.” Alex said.

“Yeah. Hey guys nice to meet you and nice to see you again.” Mike said waving to us. We said hi back.

“By the way, you kid’s rock.” Mike said to us.

“Thanks.” I said.

“Hey there you guys are.” Greg said coming up to where we all were.

“Hey Greg, what’s up?” Dylan said.

“You guys got a meet and greet in 15 minutes. You gotta get over to your merch tent.” He said.

“Ok.” Cole said.

“I guess we’ll catch up with you guys later.” Cole said to everyone.

“I’ll see you later.” I said to Brian and gave him a kiss before following my brothers and Greg to our tent.

We got there and there was a shit loud of people cheering. We sat in the four chairs that were set up. We started the meet and greet. We took pictures with people and sighed stuff. After an hour and a half, we finished and were heading to the Hurley stage where Uncle Matt said him, Val, Gena, Zacky, Brian, Alex, Jack, Zack, and Rian were talking to those kids backstage. We soon got to them.

“Hey guys. Nice to see you again.” Dylan said to the kids.

“You guys too.” Brandon said.

“So, is this your guys first show ever?” I asked them.

“No, we’re from Portland, Oregon and we play around there all the time. We’ve just been waiting so long to get on Warped and this year it happened.” Mike said.

We nodded. After waiting, the kids finally went on. I’d have to say, they really are good. They kicked ass and surprisingly, there were a lot of people watching them. More than I thought would show since they were new. After there set, they went backstage with us.

“You guys were great.” I said.

“Thanks. A lot of people showed up too.” Mike said.

“We’ll it’s getting close to us playing, you guys coming to watch?” Alex asked.

“Yeah. You guys wanna hang out?” Dylan asked the kids.

“Yeah. That’d be awesome.” Brandon said.

We nodded and we followed Jack, Alex, Zack, and Rian to Main stage. They soon went on and we all watched from side stage. I took some pictures then Me and my brothers took pictures with each other followed by Brian and I and then Zacky, Gena, Val and matt. We went picture crazy during All Time Low’s set. Matt recorded some stuff on his video camera also. After All Time Low’s set, we all went and sat under this tent where some other bands were sitting and talking.

“Leah, take my picture.” Jack said doing a crazy looking pose. I guess he noticed my camera. I took his picture then Alex who was sitting beside me leaned over.

“Get us.” He said. I took our picture.

“I took all kinds of pictures during your set.” I told them.

“Put them on Buzznet so they will leave us alone!” Alex said. I laughed.

“Ok.” I said. After sitting and talking for a few minutes, we went to go see The White Tie Affair play.

***************************************************************************************************

Now Me, Brian, Val, Matt, Zacky, Gena, and my brothers are headed to All Time Low’s bus for the party their having. We got there and saw other bands there also like Paramore, NOFX, 3OH!3, A Day to Remember, Aiden, Anti-Flag, Jet Lag Gemini, and Less than Jake. People were inside the bus and outside the bus. Me and Brian went inside to find Alex or Jack while the others went to mingle. I found Jack and tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and smiled.

“Hey.” He said giving me a hug then doing that man hug shake thing with Brian.

“Drinks are over there.” He said pointing to the variety of Alcohol and non alcoholic beverages. Brian and I went over and grabbed a bottle of Heineken. We went back outside and mingled with the bands.

(3 hours later)

Right now I’m talking to Haylie from Paramore and we have a lot in common.

“So, where are you guys headed next?” She asked. I thought for a second.

“Phoenix.” I told her.

“Sweet us too.” She said. I smiled.

“You into photography too?” She asked pointing to the camera around my neck. I forgot it was there.

“Yeah kind of. I just wanna keep the memories from warped.” I said. She nodded.

“Take our picture.” She said. I pointed the camera on us and took it.

“Come on, I love taking pictures of people. Let’s go take pictures of random people.” She said smiling.

I smiled back and got up, following her outside the bus. We started taking pictures with a bunch of random people. It was fun actually. At around 12:00am, we decided to head back to our bus to head to our next stop. I got a few numbers from some people in bands that I really connected with. More friends from Warped. We all changed into our pajamas and got ready to go to sleep. Brian and I got into our bunk and covered up.

“I’m gonna miss you when you leave.” I said.

“I’m gonna miss you too. I’ll call you as much as I can.” He said and kissed me.

“Uncle matt and them are leaving tomorrow.” I said.

“Yeah. I think after you guys play at 2:00pm, they are heading to the airport.” He said. I nodded. We both laid in silence until we drifted to sleep.