‹ Prequel: Story of My Life

All Grown Up

Moving in with Brian

July 28, 2012 10:00am (Moving in with Brian)

Right now Brian and I are leaving to my brother’s house. We soon got there and got out, going inside.

“Hey guys, I got some boxes in your room.” Dylan said. I nodded and Brian and I walked up to my room to start packing my stuff.

“Hey guys.” Kane said coming in and sitting on my bed.

“Hey Kane.” I said.

“I got some news. I’m moving out too.” Kane said. I looked at him weird.

“Kane, your thirteen, where are you moving to?” I asked.

“I’m moving in with mom.” He said. I smiled.

“She’s gonna really love having you there.” I said.

He nodded and got up and left. We finished packing about 2 hours later and started bringing the boxes out to Brian’s truck. After loading the boxes, we headed to Brian’s to unload everything and go over to my mom’s. After unloading, we headed to my mom’s. When we got there, Dylan’s car was there. We got out and went inside.

“Hey mom.” I said as Brian and I sat on the couch in the living room.

“Hey Leah. Hey Brian.” Mom said.

“So, this is like a new chapter of our lives. Kane is moving in with mom, Leah is moving in with Brian.” Dylan said. I rolled my eyes.

“Are you guys planning on going to college?” Mom asked.

“We haven’t really discussed it. I know you want us to but I think we wanna try this being a band thing out. I have a feeling we’ll go far considering we’ve been playing warped for four years and hopefully are gonna get signed within the next year.” I said. She nodded.

“I want you to do what ever you love.” She said. Just then, Kane walked downstairs.

“Guys, my bedroom is huge up there man.” He said sitting next to me. I smiled and put my arm around him.

“Are you gonna come and visit your big sis?” I asked.

“Of course. That’s what every thirteen year old boy wants to do.” He said.

“Hey come on, I’m cool.” I said.

“True that sis, let’s do our handshake.” He said.

I laughed and we stood up and faced each other. We did our handshake which seems like it takes forever. It ended with each other pulling one another’s ankles. Once we were done we got various laughs.

“You guys hungry?” Mom asked.

“Yes.” Dylan said.

“Your always hungry fat boy.” I said. He glared at me. I stuck my tongue out at him. He did the same back.

“And how old are you guys again?” Kane asked.

Mom laughed and we got up to go out to lunch. We took our separate cars and followed mom, Dylan, and Kane to whenever we were gonna go. We ended up going to Bj’s. We parked and got out, going inside. The waiter seated us at a round booth and gave us menu’s.

“What will you guys be having to drink?” He asked.

Mom got water, I got lemonade, and the guys got coke. The guy went to get our drinks as we looked over the menu. The guy came back with our drinks and we began to give him our orders. Kane, Dylan and I got fish tacos, mom got a club sandwich and a salad, and Brian got the angus beef sliders. After fifteen minutes, the waiter came back with our food and we began to eat. We talked about the warped tour during most of lunch.

“You guys wanna go to the mall?” mom asked.

“I do.” Kane said.

“What about you guys?” Mom asked. I looked at Brian who gave me the look of ‘you better say no or you’ll regret it‘.

“I think Brian and I will head home to unpack my stuff.” I said. She nodded.

“I’ll go.” Dylan said.

She nodded. After lunch, we all went our separate ways and went home. We got there and walked inside. Pinkly jumped up onto my leg. I smiled and petted her and followed Brian upstairs. I started to put my clothes in the other half of Brian’s walk in closet and Brian started to unpack my boxes.

“Oh, look what I found.” Brian said. I turned around to see him looking at a pink photo album which happened to be my baby photo album.

“Bri, don’t look through that.” I said.

“Oh come on, I’m sure you were a cute baby.” He said sitting at the edge of the bed and opening it.

“Aww, look at you.” He said.

I rolled my eyes and went to look at what he was talking about. It was me when I was about a year old and I was asleep on the couch with my favorite teddy bear which I still have.

“You know I still have that bear.” I told him.

“where at?” He asked. I got up and went to a box I labeled my precious belongings and I opened it, pulling out my bear I named beary when I was two.

“Damn that thing is fucking old.” He said smiling.

“I love it though. My parents gave it to me the day I was born and it never left my side.” I said.

He continued to look through the album. After about an hour, we finished unpacking my stuff. I fell onto Brian’s bed. He went over and laid next to me. I put my head on his chest.

“So, when’s your next tour dates?” He asked.

“Um the fifth in central park here, the next day in Costa Mesa, and the last one on the tenth in Laguna Beach.” I told him. He nodded.

“So, are you playing with anyone or by yourselves?” He asked.

“By ourselves. I hope we get signed fast.” I said.

“You will, trust me.” He said.

I just looked at him weird. He just smiled and kissed me. We started to make out when the door bell rang. Brian huffed and got up, going downstairs. I fixed my hair and went down too. I seen Brian talking to Uncle Matt, Val, and Zacky. I went over to join them.

“You know when I said you would get signed soon?” Brian asked. I nodded my head.

“Well, Reprise Records called me a couple days ago asking if you would like to be signed with them. I remember you saying that you would love to be signed to them so I set up an appointment for you and your brothers tomorrow at 2 to meet with him.” Uncle matt said. I just starred at him smiling. He chuckled.

“I thought you’d might be excited.” He said.

“Did you tell my brothers?” I asked.

“Yeah. They all pretty much flipped out.” He said. I laughed. We sat and talked for about another hour before Matt, Val, and Zacky left. I looked at the clock to see it was about 7:00pm.

“Hey, you wanna watch a movie?” Brian asked.

“Sure.” I said grabbing a blanket and sitting on the couch. Pinkly hopped up next to me and laid down. Brian went to look through the DVD’s.

“What would you like to watch. I have every possible movie you could ever think of.” He said.

“Um, step brothers.” I said.

He nodded and went through the rows of DVD’s. He found it and put it in. He came over and sat next to me, putting his arm around my shoulders.

(After the movie)

“That movie is so funny.” I said laughing. Brian laughed and nodded.

“Never gets old.” He said putting it back in the case. Just then his phone started ringing.

“Yo?” He said. “Alright, where? Now? Alright, see you in a few.” He put his phone in his pocket.

“That was Zack. I guess we’re all going to Circus Disco in LA tonight.” Brian said.

“Yes! Dancing.” I said. He laughed.

“I gotta call my brothers and tell them.” I said.

“Alright. I’m gonna go upstairs and get ready.” He said kissing me and walking upstairs.

“Hey Dylan, All of us are going to Circus Disco tonight, you and cole gonna come?” I asked.

“Sure. We’ll bring our girls too.” He said.

“Alright, well I’m gonna get ready.” I said.

“Alright, later.” I hung up and went upstairs to Brian and mine’s bedroom.

I went into the walk in closet and looked through my dressy yet casual shirts. I picked out my Daytrip Embroidered cowl neck top, BKE Madison skinny jeans, and my Roxy shoes. I got dressed and went back downstairs to wait for Brian. He came down about 20 minutes later looking down at his phone. I do not know how he managed to walk down the stairs and text. He had on his Billabong plaid shirt, his republic blue skinny jeans, and his black Nike 6.0 shoes.

“Hey, you ready?” I asked. He looked up and his eyes nearly popped out of his head.

“Wow, you look great.” He said smirking. I rolled my eyes.

“Thank you, so do you.” I said.

He came over and grabbed my hand, leading me out to his car. He opened the door for me then got in on his side. He started the car and Permanent For Now by No Knife began playing through the speakers. I smiled and turned it up.

(An hour and 20 minutes later)

We finally arrived at the club. Before I got a chance to get out, Brian came around and opened my door for me. I took his hand and we walked up to the building. We were let in immediately and went to the back where the VIP room was. We saw everyone back there. We sat at the big round booth.

“We got you guys drinks.” Matt said scooting down 2 Guinness’s.

We took them and took a drink. After a few more drinks, we all went to the dance floor. After dancing to a few songs we got more drinks and went back to the table. Then we all did shots and went back out to dance. After a couple songs, we all went back to the table.

“Hey let’s do a shot to the kids for getting signed.” Zacky said holding up his drink. We all held up our drinks.

“To the Leftouts.” They all yelled and we downed the shots. We talked some before we decided we all had enough.

“Who’s the designated driver? We did not plan this out right.” Zacky asked nearly falling over as we walked outside.

“Fuck. Well, I guess we are staying in LA tonight.” Uncle Matt said.

“We can’t. We got an interview tomorrow.” I said.

“The interview is here in LA at the Reprise Records building. I will take you out tomorrow and buy you something to wear.” Brian said. I nodded.

“Let’s stay at the Hilton right there down the street.” Val said pointing to it.

We all agreed and walked over there. We got inside and got separate rooms for the night. We got to our rooms. I collapsed on the bed with Brian. He pulled me to him. I snuggled up to him.

“Night Bri.” I said. He kissed the top of my head.

“Night.” He said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated this story in god knows how long. I've been so caught up in Meet The Armstrong's i forgot all about this one. I'm going to try my best to get back in this zone and updated more of this story as well.