‹ Prequel: Story of My Life

All Grown Up

Getting signed to Reprise

July 29, 2012 11:30am

I awoke to a loud sound. I opened my eyes to see Brian on the floor.

“Bri, what are you doing on the floor?” I asked smiling.

“I fell.” He said.

“Are you ok?” I asked.

“I think. You might need to kiss my ass to make it feel better.” He said smirking up at me. I rolled my eyes. I looked over at the clock.

“Bri, we gotta get ready and go out to look for an outfit.” I said. He nodded.

“Well I guess we’re ready. We have no clothes. Nothing.” He said.

“Do they have tooth brushes here?” I asked standing up.

“I don’t know. I know I need one though.” He said. I went into the bathroom. They had disposable ones.

“They have some.” I said. He came in and grabbed one. We brushed our teeth and fixed our hair the best we could.

“I’m gonna call Dylan and Cole.” I said. He nodded. I grabbed my phone and called Cole.

“Hello?” He asked.

“Hey you up?” I asked.

“Yeah. I just got back from star bucks.” He said.

“Alright. Brian and I are going out for clothes. You guys coming?” I asked.

“Yeah. Dylan’s over here with me. We’ll meet you in the hall.” He said.

“Alright, bye.” I said. I then called Kane to tell him to have mom drive him out here. He should be here by the time we got done shopping.

“Kane, wear something nice.” I told him.

“Alright. I’ll be there in an hour.” He said hanging up.

Brian and I went out to the hall to see Dylan and Cole. We all walked down to the main lobby and out the front. We walked down the street to our cars.

“Follow us.” I told them.

They nodded and Brian and I led. We stopped at Men’s Warehouse for my brothers. We all got out and went inside. They got dress shirts, new watches, dress pants, and some other stuff. They paid and we left to look for another store. We went to the mall and went inside. We first went to Buckle. I got a dress top and pants, some shoes and some jewelry. My brothers got some shoes from PacSun and we we’re finished. We went back to the hotel and got dressed. Kane soon got there all dressed up to. Mom decided to stay. We soon headed out to Reprise Records.

“Hi we have an appointment with Rick Vernon.” Cole said to the lady at the front desk.

“Are you a band?” She asked.

“Yeah. The Leftouts.” He told her. She nodded and typed into her computer.

“Ah yes. He should be ready. If you wanna, just have a seat and he’ll be out shortly.” She said getting up to get him. We sat down. 5 minutes later, he came out.

“Just the band I’ve been waiting for.” He said smiling.

“Rick Vernon.” He said shaking our hands.

“Nice to meet you.” Dylan said.

“Follow me.” He said. We followed him into his office and sat at a table with him.

“You guys are the youngest band I have signed right now.” He said smiling. “You are so full of talent for your ages.”

“Thank you.” Dylan said.

“So, tell me a little of your music history. Look’s like you go back a ways.” He said looking at some papers.

“Well we had our first gig in San Clemente. We played a local show at the park. We had a few more local gigs and moved to Huntington Beach and played around there. Then about 4 years ago Warped tour was holding a contest for bands to play at warped and we ended up getting it and we’ve been playing there for 4 years. We have a few more gigs coming up in august.” Cole said.

“I don’t know why we didn’t sign you earlier. Matt came to me about 2 weeks ago and showed me some of your songs. I was blown away by the talent of you kids. I instantly knew I wanted to sign you. We would love for you to be able to record a CD in a studio here in LA.” He said.

“Alright.” Kane said smiling.

The rest of the meeting was about financial stuff. About two hours later, we finished.

“How’d it go?” mom asked as we got back to the hotel.

“It went great.” Cole said going on to tell her about what we talked about.

“Where’s Brian?” I asked.

“They all went back to Huntington. We should head out too.” She said.

I nodded and my brothers and I followed her our to her car. We all got in and drove home. She dropped off Dylan and Cole then me.

“Hey baby, how’d it go?” Brian asked pulling me on his lap.

“It went great. You guys are so awesome for doing this.” I said kissing him.

“No problem. You guys needed to be signed.” He said. I smiled.

“He told us we get to make an official CD.” I said.

“That’s great!” He said. “So, when do you start?”

“Probably after we get done touring here.” I said. He nodded. The rest of the day we sat and watched TV, going to bed at 10:00pm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haven't updated in so long. Hope it's not like that from now on