‹ Prequel: Story of My Life

All Grown Up

Costa Mesa, CA Show

August 6, 2012 11:00am (Costa Mesa show)

I awoke to Brian shifting his weight. I looked over at the clock. I looked back over at Brian who was looking at me. He smiled and kissed my nose.

“Morning.” He said.

“Morning.” I said.

“What time is your show today?” He asked sitting up.

“At 3:00pm.” We have to leave at around noon for sound check.” I told him. He nodded.

“Well let’s get ready. I’ll take a shower in the hall bathroom.” He said going to the closet and grabbing some clothes.

“Meet ya downstairs.” He said kissing me and going into the hall. I went into the master bath and started the shower.

(45 minutes later)

“Hello? Yeah, alright. Ok, I’ll tell them.” I said hanging up with Dylan.

“That was Dylan. He said we are taking the tour bus.” I told Brian. He nodded.

“Let’s go.” Brian said.

We drove to Dylan and Cole’s where everyone was suppose to meet. About 20 minutes later, everyone was there and on the bus. Actually, only Zacky, Matt, Jimmy, and Johnny came. The girls were out doing something. Which is fine. We arrived at the Pacific Amphitheatre in 20 minutes. Security led us to the back to get us set up for sound check. The guys went to talk to the few people that showed up early.

Our set list:
*Dead to Me
*Childish Antics
*One
*Alone
*Cries in the Dark
*Brain cells won’t heal
*Tales
*Wait
*You’re Goin’ Down
*Lost
*Memories

We only went through about 2 songs before going to where the guys were talking to some fans to sign autographs and take some pictures. About 30 minutes before the show, we went backstage to get ready.

“Alright, come on guys.” The security guy said.

“Have a good show.” Brian said kissing my cheek.

Matt hugged me and gave knuckles to my brothers before we walked onstage. They stood side stage and watched. Zacky was recording the whole thing from the tripod. After an hour later of rocking, we walked backstage. We got handed water bottles. We took our pa systems off and went to sign more autographs and stuff before leaving.

“You guys wanna go get some food before going back to Huntington?” Matt asked as we headed back to the bus.

“In-N-Out Burger!” Kane said smiling.

“Yes!” Dylan said.

Matt then drove the bus to In-N-Out Burger. We parked the best we could and went inside. We ordered drinks, fries, and cheeseburgers and went back on the bus to eat then go home for much needed sleep. At around 7:00pm, we were all home. Brian and I went straight to the couch and collapsed.

“I am so strained from touring.” I said.

“Now you know what I go through.” Brian said chuckling.

“We got just one more date in Laguna Beach in four days. Then our summer tour is over and we get to start recording our CD.” I told Brian.

“Have you guys been writing?” He asked.

“All summer. Even when we were on tour for Warped.” I told him. “My brothers were always coming up with something. And were suppose to be doing a song with Alex from All Time Low.”

“Really? Awesome. You know, a certain someone your very close to just might consider doing guitar parts on your album.” Brian said smirking.

“Would you?” I asked.

“Of course baby.” He said. I kissed him.

“Now its gonna be the best album ever.” I said. We sat back and talked about the album before going to sleep.