‹ Prequel: Story of My Life

All Grown Up

Playing on Avenged's album, dinner for two

We got in my car and drove back to my house. I pulled up to see jimmy and zacky’s cars in the driveway. We both got out and went inside. Dylan, Cole, and Zacky were all playing guitars while jimmy was watching them. Kory and I went into the kitchen. I went to the fridge and got two cokes. I gave on to Kory. He smiled and I led him up to my room. We sat on my bed and watched TV talking about all kinds of crap. About 10 minutes later, Carlie came in my room. I looked up and smiled.

“Hey everyone’s meeting at the beach to hang, come on.” She said.

Kory and I got up and followed her downstairs. I guess Jimmy, Cole, Dylan, and Zacky were going to because they left with us. We all drove to the beach and went to our spot. Spencer, Riley, and Hannah were already there. We came up and sat next to them. We started to talk about our summer plans.

“I’m going to Hawaii for a month then I’m going to Australia.” Riley said.

“I’m going everywhere because of warped.” I said. They laughed. We talked about our summer plans for about an hour then we went back to our houses.

(At Home)
“Are you gonna go skate?”Dylan asked me.

“I might.” I replied. “Are you?”

“Maybe.” He said. Just then Cole came in from the kitchen.

“Alright see you then.” He said into his phone before putting it in his pocket.

“Who was that?” I asked as he sat down next to me.

“Matt. He said we can come watch them in the studio, possibly do some stuff.” He said smiling. I looked at him weird.

“What do you mean do some stuff?” I asked him raising my eye brow.

“Well, he said we could possibly play on their new album.” He said. My eyes got wide.

“We’re gonna be playing on Avenged sevenfold’s CD?” I asked. He laughed and nodded. I grabbed my phone off the end table and dialed mats number.

Matt-Hey Leah, what’s----
Me-OH MY GOD MATT I LOVE YOU!
Matt-I take it Cole took you about playing-----
Me-YES
Matt-I’m glad you excited
Me-Yes thank you
Matt-No problem lee, I’ll see ya tomorrow ok?
Me-ok, bye

I hung up my phone. My brothers just rolled their eyes. I went upstairs and played my guitar. After about 30 minutes, I got bored so I grabbed my board and went outside. I went into the garage and got a rail and sat it up in front to grind on. I did Front and back side board slides, 50-50 grinds, a crooked grind, a hurricane grind, and a nose grind. I’ve gotten really good over the years. So have my brothers. After about 40 minutes, I put the rail back in the garage and went back inside. I went up to my room and decided to take a shower since I was sweaty. After showering I put on a Roxy tee and True religion shorts with Roxy Sandals. I sat on my bed when my phone rang.

Me-Hello?
Kory-Hey baby, what’s up?
Me-Nothing much. I just got done skating
Kory-that’s cool. I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight
Me-I’d love to. Where?
Kory-I was thinking maybe going out to dinner then getting some ice cream and taking a walk on the beach.
Me-That’s sounds great
Kory-cool so I’ll pick you up at around 7?
Me-That’s perfect. I love you
Kory-I love you too see you later

I hung up my phone and put it in my Chanel purse that was on my bed. I looked at the clock. It was about 6:00pm so I went downstairs and watched TV with Kane. At around 6:50pm, I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to see kory on the other side. I smiled.

“Ready?” He asked.

“Let me grab my purse.” I said and went back into the living room, grabbing my purse, and going back over to Kory.

“Ok, let’s go.” I said.

He smiled and took my hand. We walked out to his Hummer H2. He opened the door for me then got in on his side. An hour later, we pulled up in front of Cicada, an Italian restaurant in Los Angeles. I watched him get out and jog over to my side to open my door. He held his hand out. I grabbed it and we walked hand in hand into the restaurant.

“Table for 2?” The waiter asked. Kory nodded and the waiter grabbed two menus and went to seat us.

“What can I get you two to drink?” The waiter asked.

“I’ll have water.” I said. He nodded and looked at Kory.

“I’ll have coke.” Kory said. The waiter went to go get our drinks while we looked for what we wanted. The waiter came back with our drinks about 5 minutes later.

“Do you know what you’ll be having tonight?” The waiter asked getting out his little notepad.

“I’ll have the Grilled Chicken with Fettuccine Vegetables, Mashed Potatoes and Lemon-Green Pepper Sauce.” I said closing my menu. The waiter wrote it down then looked at Kory.

“I’ll have the Grilled Dover Sole with Seasonal Vegetables, Roasted Potatoes and Lemon Herb Sauce.” Kory said closing his menu as well. The waiter took our menus and went to give the chef our order.

“Thanks for taking me out Kory.” I said taking a sip of my water.

“No problem.” He replied.

“I got some news.” I said.

“Is it good?” He asked smiling.

“Yeah it’s awesome.” I replied smiling.

“Ok, what is it?” He asked.

“Matt is letting my brothers and I play on their upcoming album. He said they are going to the studio tomorrow and that’s when we start.” I said.

“That’s awesome Leah. I have some good news too.” He said smiling.

“What?” I asked taking another sip of my water.

“Well, I was at the dirt bike track the other day and well this guy who owned Fox Racing Dirt bikes came up to me and asked me if I wanted to get signed.” He replied smiling.

“Did you say yes?” I asked. He nodded.

“I’m so glad for you babe.” I replied smiling.

He nodded and took a sip of his coke. Soon, the waiter came with our food and we began to eat. After we got done eating, the waiter brought back the check. Kory paid for dinner then we went to dairy queen to get some ice cream. I got a small Oreo blizzard and Kory got a medium Reese’s blizzard. We headed to the beach after getting the ice cream. So now, here we are, eating our ice cream and walking along the beach, talking about this summer. Kory said he would come with me to warped. After about an hour, Kory took me home.

“I had a great time Kory.” I told him as I sat in his car in front of my brothers’ house.

“I’m glad you did.” He replied giving me a kiss.

“You wanna come to the studio tomorrow?” I asked him.

“Sure.” He replied.

“Ok, be there at around 10 in the morning.” I said a kissed him again.

“I love you.” He said.

“I love you too, good night.” I gave him one last kiss before getting out and going into the house.

“Where have you been?” Cole asked as I walked into the living room. Dylan, Mike, Mark, and Joey were also in there.

“I was on a date with Kory.” I replied.

He nodded and went back to talking with the guys. I decided to go upstairs. I walked by Kane’s room to hear multiple voices. I peaked in there to see him, Shane, Jake, and Vincent all sitting in bean bags. I continued on my way to my room. I put on some Roxy knit shorts and a billabong tank top. I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. Jackass the movie was on. I laughed as they were giving each other paper cuts between the webbings of their fingers and toes. Soon, I drifted off to sleep.