‹ Prequel: Story of My Life

All Grown Up

Going to Matt's

May 16, 2012 10:30am

I rolled over and noticed Brian wasn’t there. I yawned and stretched and got up, slowly going downstairs. I walked into the kitchen where Brian was sitting at the island drinking coffee. I went over and poured me a cup and sat next to him.

“Matt is gonna kill me.” He said staring blankly off into space.

“Me too.” I said. “But sooner or later, I’m gonna have to face him and so are you.”

“Yeah I just don’t want this to happen again.” He said pointing to his face.

“It’s not that bad. He could of done a lot worse.” I said. He nodded in agreement. Then my phone started to ring. I grabbed it in front of me and answered it.

Me: Hello
Cole: Are you seriously gonna do this with Brian
Me: I’m giving it a try Cole
Cole: Matt is still super pissed and I think you should talk to him
Me: I’m kind of scared Cole
Cole: Look, I’ll go with you…And Zacky
Me: Is Zacky there?
Cole: Yeah
Me: ok well can you guys pick me up at around noon?
Cole: Yeah, I’ll see you later
Me: Wait, just come right now. I forgot I have no clothes and I need to change
Cole: Alright. Anything specific?
Me: No. Whatever will do
Cole: Ok I’ll see you in a few minutes
Me: Ok bye

I hung up and sat it in front of me.

“Today is the day.” I said scared shitless.

“Fuck.” Brian said going upstairs. I sighed and followed him.

“they are on there way but I have to get dressed first. Cole is bringing me some clothes.” I told him. He was looking in his closet for clothes himself.

“Ok I’ll be in the shower so let them in and you can take a shower in the bathroom down the hall.” He said. I nodded and he walked into his master bath. I went downstairs and sat on the couch. Pinkly jumped up beside me and climbed on my lap. I smiled and petted her. 10 minutes later, Cole and Zacky came into the living room.

“Here’s your clothes.” Cole said handing me a bag with my clothes in it.

“Thanks. Brian’s in the shower and I’m about to go take one. I’m sure he’ll be down here in a few.” I said going upstairs to the hall bathroom.

I turned on the shower and got undressed stepping inside. After showering, I stepped out and dried off. I got dressed and did my hair. I put my dirty clothes in the bag and went back downstairs. Brian was sitting on the couch talking with Cole and Zacky.

“You guys ready?” Zacky asked standing up along with Cole.

“Not really but let’s go.” Brian said. We all walked out to Zacky’s ca and headed to Uncle matt’s. Zacky parked in the driveway and turned off the car.

“Whatever happens I got your backs.” Zacky said.

“Same here.” Cole said agreeing. We all got out. Brian grabbed my hand. I could tell he was hella nervous. Zacky knocked on the door and Val answered it.

“Oh great you guys are here. He’s been really mad and I can’t do anything to tell him that’s it’s not as bad as it seems.” She said.

“Well we’re gonna talk to him.” Zacky said.

“Where is he at?” Cole asked her.

“In the backyard.” She said. We all followed her to the backyard. Brian and I behind everyone.

“Baby, Zacky, Cole, Leah, and Brian are here to talk to you.” Val said. Matt looked up from the magazine he was reading.

“I have nothing to say to him.” He said coldly.

“Matt please just talk to them.” Val begged. He sighed.

“Fine.” He said putting the magazine on the ground next to him.

“What the fuck do you want to talk about Haner? How you kissed my niece and screwed up her mind to make her like you?” Matt asked angrily.

“Matt I didn’t force her to do anything. I know kissing her was wrong but I’ve liked her for a couple years now.” Brian said.

“She’s a kid Brian.” Matt said.

“I’m 18 matt.” I said.

“I just…don’t like the fact that my niece and my best friend are going to start dating.” Matt said.

“We just wanna give this a try matt and we don’t wanna do it with you mad at us.” Brian said. Matt sighed.

“I guess I have to realize that you are old enough to make your own decisions and I can’t control what you do.” Matt said.

“So are you gonna let us try this?” I asked him. He nodded. I went over and gave him a hug.

“Thanks matt.” I said.

“Just don’t anything weird with her Brian.” Matt said.

“Matt.” I said. He sighed.

“Ok fine whatever. But if you hurt her, you already know what’s coming.” Matt said evilly.

“I promise I will treat her like a queen matt.” Brian said. Matt got up from his chair and gave brain a hug.

“I’m sorry for going psycho on you last night.” Matt said.

“It’s alright.” Brian said.

“Aww.” Me, Zacky, and Cole said together. They both glared at us.

“Let’s go to star bucks. My treat.” Matt said.

We nodded. So me, Brian, Val, Zacky, Cole and Matt got in Matt’s Hummer H3 and headed to star bucks. We got there and got out, going inside. I got a caffe` latte and a blueberry muffin, Cole got the same. Zacky got a caffe` misto, Brian got the same and Matt and Val got an espresso. We sat at a table and began talking about the summer, forgetting what happened the other night. After we finished our coffee we went to Dylan and Cole’s. Dylan was sitting in the living room with his girlfriend.

“Did you guys work everything out?” He asked as we sat down.

“Yeah. Everything’s cool.” I said. He nodded.

“Well I better go pick up Kane from school.” Dylan said standing up along with his girlfriend.

“Alright, see you later.” I said. They went outside and drove to get Kane. They soon returned with Kane with them.

“Hey Kane, how was school?” I asked as he sat on the couch.

“Boring as always.” He said.

“But we only have a week left.” I said. He nodded and went upstairs. The rest of the day we hung out at Dylan and Cole’s. At around 8:00pm, Matt, Val, and Zacky left.

“Hey can I pick you up from school tomorrow?” Brian asked as we were now sitting on the couch.

“Sure.” I said. “School ends at 2.” He nodded.

“Well, I better get home so you can sleep.” He said. “Unless you want me to stay here.”

“I’d like that.” I said smiling. He smiled and I grabbed his hand, pulling him upstairs to my room. I shut the door behind me.

“I’ll be back.” I said going into the bathroom and changing into my bathroom. I soon came back out. Brian looked up.

“Whoa.” He said quietly.

I was wearing short shorts and a ribbed tank top. I smiled and sat down next to him on my bed. I set my alarm and covered up. Brian was going to sleep in his boxers and the tank top he had on under his shirt. I laid down and he got beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He kissed the top of my head.

“I’m glad this is finally happening. I’ve been waiting for this moment for so long.” He said. I smiled.

“Me too Bri.” I said. I looked up at him. He kissed me.

“Goodnight Leah.” He said.

“Goodnight Brian.” I said and we slowly drifted off to sleep.