Eloquence

That makes four...

A quiet sigh passed her lips as they came to a halt infront of her home. She didn't want the feeling of Andrew's fingers laced through hers to go away. She wanted to stay with him. To feel his lips against hers again, but she had to go inside. Her Mother wouldn't let her stay out past this hour, even if it was her Birthday.

"Tonight was . . . " He paused, looking thoughtful. "Kinda sexy. We should do it again some time."

"We could uhm . . . " She looked down as she started playing with his fingers. "We could do it again right now." She licked her lips. "Kiss again, I mean."

He grinned at her shyness, wanting nothing more than to continue the moment from back at the abandoned apartment. To taste her sweet lips once more, and to feel her silky skin against his. He wanted to do more with her; to bring her back to his room and take her right there, even if his Mother was home, but he knew she wasn't ready emotionally for that sort of contact.

"Mmm, okay." He smiled, letting his hand slide around the back of her neck. "But only a small one, okay? You could probably keep me here all night, you know."

She giggled, tilting her head up to look at him. This time when he pressed his lips to hers, it was soft. Gentle. He didn't crash his mouth on hers like he did the last time. He let them slowly move toward her, grazing the skin slightly and letting her just feel his breath. She gripped his shirt eagerly, the anticipation building within her almost unbearable. She had stopped breathing. Both of them had. Waiting for the contact that they both hungered for. Andrew didn't seem to want to take the lead this time. He wanted to be the one to be dominated, so he waited for her next move. Though Jordan was lost when it came to this sort of thing, she leaned in the final centimeters, until her lips were pressed to his. His hands found her hips, gripping them gently and pulling her body to press to his. Jordan's hands slid up his chest to wrap around his neck, the same way the girls in all her romantic comedies did it.

She felt his tongue slither between her slightly parted lips, just barely grazing hers before he pulled back with the widest of grins on his face. Jordan was disappointed, watching him longingly as she caught her breath. She made a sound of disapproval, but that did nothing but widen his grin. He pulled his arms away from her, and took a step back, his smile never faltering.

"Happy Birthday, Jordan. Have a good sleep."
And then he walked away, leaving Jordan in a dreamy state. By the time she had come back to consciousness completely, she was inside her kitchen, and she didn't even remember how she got up there. She opened her refrigerator, pulling out the carton of chocolate ice-cream and a large spoon from the drawer. She sat on the island, stabbing the frozen treat and humming quietly to herself.

Her Mother peered out of her bedroom, watching Jordan with a raised brow. "What's wrong with you?"

Jordan looked up at her Mother, wiping the dreamy smile away from her face. "Nothing. Why?"

"You seem . . . Happy. Are you sick?" She walked into the kitchen, pressing the back of her hand to Jordan's forehead. "You're a teenager. You're not supposed to smile. You're supposed to pout and complain about how terrible your life is."

Jordan swatted her Mother's hand away. "Not all of us are like that, you know."

"I know," She snickered, lowering herself into the stool next to Jordan. "Anything interesting happen that I should know about?"
She shrugged. "Not really."

"What did you do all day?" She snatched the spoon from her daughter, scooping out a chunk of the ice-cream. "I saw you at breakfast and that was it."

"Just hung out with Andrew." She licked the back of the spoon.

She nodded, leaning against the island. "You two are getting awfully close."

"We're just friends, Mom." She said automatically, rolling her eyes.

"I'm just saying." She said defensively. "Hey! Didn't I tell you to stop eating ice-cream straight out of the carton? That's what bowls are for!"

"You're eating out of the carton," She pointed out. "And plus; it's my birthday. I can do whatever I want."

-----

Jordan's worn, greying plimsoll shoes tapped quietly against the concrete with every step she took, venturing further into the sunlit alley way. The scent of stale tobacco lingered in the air, but she was disappointed to see no Andrew. Merely a yellow sticky note hanging off of the black, rod-iron railing. She peeled it away, bringing it close to try and decode the messy scrawl.

Jordan <3,

I knew you'd be coming by today--


She scoffed. Was she really that predictable?

but I decided to show up for school. Well, I didn't exactly decide, my Mother physically dragged me out of bed and into the shower this morning, so I thought it was pointless to just stay home. I'll be back soon though, depending on what time you get there. I'm guessing it's about twelve thirty right now, since that's when your school day is over, but then again, I could be wrong. My lunch starts at quarter after one, so I'll be back by one twenty-ish. You can wait for me if you want.

But it's a long wait, so it's totally okay if you don't, though. No pressure. ;)

Andrew.


Jordan laughed, crumpling the note into a ball in the palm of her hand, and shoving it deep within the pocket of her thick, wool sweater. She glanced down at the time on her Mother's cell phone.

12 : 34

She laughed at his accuracy, lowering onto the cold, metal of the bottom step. Her toes tapped anxiously against the damp pavement, and her shoulders slumped as a sigh escaped her lips. She had never been much of a patient being.

"Wow. I was right."

Jordan's head snapped in the direction of the alley's opening, to the boy smiling crookedly at her. Today, he was dressed in a pair of blue jeans, a black button-up coat, and a red, knit Tuque had replaced his usual, tie-dye scarf atop his head. Jordan stood up, watching as he adjusted the large, square-shaped sunglasses on the bridge of his nose.

"You're early," She muttered.

"I decided that three classes was enough for one day," He said simply, shrugging his shoulders. "I thought you'd be happy to see me. Since you would have had to wait like, an hour."

"I'm happy to see you," She insisted, taking an apprehensive step closer.

"You can come closer, you know. I'm not gonna bite," he teased, raising a single brow. "Well, I might, but they'll be love bites."

"Love bites?" She chuckled, tugging on the belt loops of her far-too-tight jeans. "What are those?"

"Come over here and I'll show you," He winked.

Jordan's cheeks flushed red, and she licked her lips. "You're so weird sometimes, Andrew."

He stuck his tongue out at her, making his way to the stair case and collapsing on the metal step. "I'm exhausted. I've had a long day."

"Andrew!" She scolded. "It's twelve o'clock. The day has barely even started!"

"I've been up since seven," He whined. "That's five hours. That's almost a full day."

Jordan scoffed, staring down at Andrew. "You're mental."

He merely grinned, grabbing her by the hips and pulling her into his lap. His thin arms wrapped securely around her waist, and he leaned up, pressing a kiss to her flushed cheeks. He watched the colour deepen, letting out a quiet laugh.

"So, how was your day?" He asked, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"It was good," She spoke quietly, reaching up and removing his sunglasses. He gave her a curious look, and she shrugged. "You have pretty eyes."

He smiled in amusement. "Being considered pretty is generally a feminine thing."

"Well, it's not like I'm calling you pretty," She laughed. "Just your eyes."

"Oh, so what you're saying is I'm ugly?" He feigned hurt, pulling back slightly.

She giggled. "Ugly with pretty eyes."

He frowned. "Fine. You're ugly too, then."

She gasped, slapping his shoulder playfully. "I was kidding."

He smiled, brushing a few stray strands of hair from infront of her eyes. He pressed his lips firmly to the corner of her mouth, letting them linger there for longer than necessary, before pulling back with a light smile. His cool fingers stroked the apples of her cheeks gently, moving downwards to trace the shape of her lips.

"Mmm," He murmured, resting his head in the crook of her neck. "I'm not."

She pushed him away from her, pouting at him like a child. "Oh, so you think I'm ugly?"

"No! Of course not," He exclaimed, hugging her tightly. "Just slightly unfortunate."

She frowned, pushing him away. "You're a jerk."

"I'm not a jerk," He cooed, kissing her chin. "I was just teasing."

"No. You're a jerk," She insisted, turning away from him slightly.

"Jordan," He whined, pulling her closer. "I was kidding. You're beautiful, not ugly. Beautiful."

"You're just saying that," She mumbled.

"No!" He groaned. "I think you're gorgeous."

She smiled, turning her head to look at him. "Really?"

He nodded, rolling his eyes at her. "Yes."

Jordan smiled, resting her head gently on his chest. She could feel him rest his chin on the top of her head, and his thin fingers work out the knots in her long, brown waves. She liked the affectionate side of Andrew. Before, she always thought about what it would be like if they were to become more intimate, but the real thing had proven to be so much greater than her imagination. She had never expected Andrew to be so gentle when he touched her face with his hands, or so tender and loving when he pressed his lips to hers. They had only made mouth-to-mouth contact three times before, but Andrew had taken a liking to kissing other places that weren't her lips. Like, her cheeks, her forehead, her jaw and her neck. He was usually very good at keeping his hands on her waist or hips, but occasionally, he would be grabby and grip other parts of her, such as her chest or her thigh. She wasn't complaining, however. Andrew's mere touch sent a surge of electricity throughout her entire body, and created a warmth that pooled in the bottom of her stomach.

His kisses did so much more, though.

Their first one was at Jordan's request, and it was by far her favourite that they had shared. It was passionate, it was hard, it was fast and it was hot. It turned her entire bone mass to jelly, and she was surprised that she hadn't melted into a puddle of the floor. Her heart beat accelerated dramatically, to the point where she was sure that it would just stop, but she wouldn't have cared. If she ended up dying at that moment, she would have died the happiest fifteen-year-old girl to ever live, because the kiss they shared was so incredibly amazing. Teeth, tongue, lips, and finger tips explored the other, until Jordan pulled back.But she really wished she hadn't.

The second kiss they shared was their most innocent. Soft lips, feather-light touches and barely any tongue. It lasted but seconds, and left Jordan restraining herself from jumping him. His hands didn't wander, and he never let his lips part enough to allow Jordan's tongue, but it was still perfect. It showed the gentle side of Andrew. A side completely different from the smart ass one that she had become oh so familiar with.

The third one took place three days ago, on a hill in a park just across the street from the front of his building. Jordan had walked to the alley at almost three thirty in the morning after her parents had been arguing for nearly two and a half hours. When he first caught sight of Jordan, he scolded her about walking the streets so late at night, but then he noticed the way the moonlight glinted in the wet trails on her cheeks. He scooped her up in his arms and hugged her until she was finished crying, before taking her to the park and laying his sweater down on the cold, dewy grass. They laid there, staring up at the sky while arguing over which constellation was which. After a heated debate on whether the one above them was the big or the little dipper, Andrew turned to his side, eying Jordan until she turned her head to look at him. Carefully, he crawled on top of her tiny frame, supporting himself with his elbows, and pressing his lips onto hers. They kissed until the morning dew had soaked into their clothes, leaving them chilled and uncomfortable in the cool, morning air. The sun rose as they walked, hand-in-hand, back to Andrew's house, where they spent three more hours together, watching whatever made-for-TV movies that the family channel was airing at the time. It was one of the best mornings of her life.

Back home, Jordan's life was nothing like it was in Memphis. There was nothing to look at there. No people, no buildings; merely single-lane dirt roads, with fields of golden rod on either side. There were no boys like Andrew back home. All of the boys there were farmer boys, and about as interesting as watching a game of Cribbage. They walked around with blades of wheat sticking out of their mouth, wearing denim overalls with no shirt underneath. They were smart in their own ways, but not the way Andrew was. They knew about farms and animals, whereas Andrew knew about art and the world. Jordan just loved to sit with him and listen to him talk about his theories and ambitions. With the boys back home, she could care less about how to properly milk a cow or what soil was most suitable for growing vegetables.

"Jordan?"

She lifted her head off his chest, looking up at him curiously. "Yeah?"

He gripped her chin between his thumb and index finger, gently bringing his lips to meet her's. He let them linger there for a while, just savoring the feeling of her mouth on his, before deepening the kiss. Jordan's lips moved against his slowly, and her arms wrapped loosely around the back of his neck. After a few minutes, he pulled back, smiling sweetly at her and shrugging.

"Just wanted to kiss you," He said quietly, guiding her head back to his chest and returning to the position they were in before.

Jordan smiled, tracing patterns into his blue jeans with her index finger. That makes four. . .
♠ ♠ ♠
im back!
hopefully, you liked this.
and the new layout.
ugh, i dont know.
i just wanted to give a visual of what i pictured jordan as.
tell me what you think of it.
i think i hate it.
but whatever!
comments would be wonderful, and i wanted to know who would enter a oneshot contest if i started one?
:)
tell me in a story comment!