Sequel: Our Next Move
Status: completed :D

We Were Both Young When I First Saw You

The day that changed my life forever

*Beep* *Beep*
ahh I hate mornings!


It is 6:30 A.M., but I have to get up for school what fun. But, then I remember that it is a Friday and I can leave school after my Bible class today, but that ends at 12 P.M. I got out of bed and dragged myself to my closet to get dressed. The only downside to going to VCS is I cannot wear my belly button ring, because VCS has a strict no piercing rule (unless you are a girl and have one set of earrings in).

Once I changed into my clothes for the day (a yellow peace shirt, jeans and converse shoes), I went downstairs to eat breakfast. I sat down at my normal "spot" for breakfast and was surprised to see my dad there eating breakfast too. He had just signed a new band "something Sevenfold" (what kind of name is that for a band?) so I assumed he would be really busy, but no.

My mom said

"Ashlyn, do not forget to go to Los Angeles Ballet Academy for your private lesson today" as if I could forget after taking ballet for 14 years?

and to

"make sure you are home by 5:00."

I didn't ask why, sometimes she wants me home just to be home, other times, it's because something important is going on. Just as I was about to leave to go to school with my driver, Patrick which isn't that bad, I mean I don't get lost, that is a major plus, my dad stopped me and told me that he was having his new band that "something Sevenfold" one over for dinner tonight and for me to dress nicely.

I got to "good old" VCS around 7:30 and met up with my friends, Courtney, Heather and Alexa. We walked to our homeroom/US Government room and talked about how we were all very thankful that it was Friday and that we were Seniors! However, once we got to our US Government class, we were not as excited. Let's just say that while we love our school, the classes are something we were not going to miss.

US Government is probably the most boring class a Senior has to take granted I am only a first semester Senior but still. The most boring part is the fact that we already knew pretty much how our government worked, but they still require it for graduation so, go figure. As soon as the bell rang, we all got our stuff and headed straight for Bible or as it is called in 12th grade "World View/Societal Issues". As you can tell from the title, we discuss different world views and different issues that our society faces.

After the late bell rang, our teacher Mrs. Moore, put our topic for today on the white board "Homosexuality." This topic excited me, I have many "aunts" and "uncles" who are gay and some of them are Christian, so I wanted to see what our "wonderful" book and teacher had to say about it.

It did not take me long to realize that what I thought about homosexuality was completely different from what my book and my teacher thought.
Mrs. Moore told us that

"while it is true that God loves everyone, gays and lesbians are going to Hell because they are living in sin."

I was simply appalled at that statement, I could not believe that she would go out and say that! I raised my hand and said

"Well, I know that they are living in sin, but aren't we all living in sin in one way or another?"

One of my classmates, P.K. said that

"No, we are not all living in sin, we are saved by the blood of Christ that saves us everyday."

Before I could retaliate, Mrs. Moore then said that we should have a debate, to which I and P.K. agreed. We went back and forth for almost the entire class period (which is about 1 hour and 30 minutes), but could not end the debate, the bell rang before we could make our final arguments.

Mrs. Moore said we could finish the debate on Monday. After that, I said good-bye to Courtney, Alexa and Heather, and rushed to the parking lot to meet Patrick so we could go to lunch then LABA.

I got to LABA at 1:30, changed into my ballet outfit. After that, I spent about 3 hours doing pirouettes, working on my en pointe, grand jetés and grand pliés. After that I was tired but, that was to be expected. Patrick was waiting for me out in the lobby and he looked at the time and holy crap! It was 4:30 and I still had to shower and change before dinner! Patrick got me home at 4:50 P.M. and my mom told me to

"hurry up and change, the boys will be here at any moment!"

I ran up the stairs and went straight into my bathroom. After showering, I walked into my bedroom and heard loud laughter, which could only mean that the band was already here. I put on my underclothes and put a belly ring in I felt naked without it, but had to have it out during ballet, then I looked around until I found the perfect outfit to wear to dinner tonight. My outfit included a black studded top, white pants and white shoes and I put on Vera Wang's "Rock Princess" perfume for good measure.

I came downstairs and followed the laughter until I found the source in my living room. My dad was talking with the boys who assumed to be that "Something Sevenfold" band. My dad saw me and quickly introduced them.

He said,

"boys, this is my daughter Ashlyn, Ashlyn, this is Avenged Sevenfold. This is Brian, who also likes to be called Syn Gates."

I noticed that Syn Gates was pale and had eyeliner on. He continued

"This is Zacky, who also likes to be called Zacky Vengeance"

I noticed that Zacky had his nose pierced and two piercings on his lip, on either side, I think I heard that they are called snakebites?

" This is Jimmy, aka The Rev" who was very tall, I asked him how tall he was and he said 6'4" which to my 5'3" is a giant!

"Then finally, this is Johnny, aka Johnny Christ"

Johnny was shorter than the rest, only about 3 inches taller than me, awesome!

Syn then said,

"Remember James, there is one more member, he will be here soon."

As soon as he said that, the doorbell rang and my dad answered it. I was talking with the guys and I learned that their name came from the Bible how cool is that!?. I heard my dad call my name and so I excused myself from the boys.

My dad said;

"Ashlyn, this is Matt, aka M. Shadows."

He smiled and I could tell he had dimples and I saw his hazel eyes look into my blue ones and I knew, somehow, someway, that this moment would change my life forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that this takes place in the past but remember that it had to, in order to work. I also have the same viewpoint as Ashlyn about homosexuality and the debate she had with a classmate kinda happened when my Bible class discussed homosexuality last year. We didn't have a debate but we did discuss it. Any questions? Just message me or leave a comment. Hope you enjoyed it!