Sequel: Our Next Move
Status: completed :D

We Were Both Young When I First Saw You

I know that I am coming home to You

Wow, how fast 2 weeks has gone by...I have done so many things. The strange part about that is, I hear people complain about how small Franklin is (only about 3,000 people) and how there is nothing to do. That is only half true, while it is a small town and not everything is here, there is such a thing called a car and it can take you places (wow, genius).

On my first night here, we decided to stay in and talk. After about two hours, Papa went to bed, but that was fine with Grammy and me. After Papa went to bed, Grammy and I had "girl talk" and my Grammy is the kind of grandma you can tell anything to, so we talked about my last trip to Disneyland with Matt. I showed her the picture we had of our time on Splash Mountain and she could not stop laughing. She said she even wanted a copy of it because she said

"It captures both of your personalities perfectly."

We talked for about four hours that night and it was great. On Wednesday (the 2nd) we went to the grocery store (I know not very exciting but for me, it is, because I can plan out my meals for the week) and we planned out what we were having for our meals.

This was kind of hard to do because: A) I don't eat pork because I am a HUGE fan of pigs (if you recall from Matt and I's date to the Aquarium, they are my second favourite animal) and B) I don't like to eat cooked eggs, but if they are in say bread or desserts I am fine (but for some reason, I loved eggs as a child). But, don't worry, we figured it out.

Wednesday night, I went to church with Grammy and Papa. It was kind of hard to decide where to go after dinner (they have dinner then either stay with the adults, if you are old enough, or go with the children/youth) because while I am a youth, I am also getting married in 6 months and am 18, so am I an adult or not?

Eventually I decided to stay with Grammy and Papa since I knew them and did not want to explain my situation with people I will only see this and next Wednesday and on the two Sundays that I am here.

On Thursday (3rd) we decided to have fun and go to the "Franklin Lanes" where we bowled (apparently I inherited my father's bowling genes, which means I am a horrible bowler), I still have to use bumper guards (you know those things they put up for little kids when they bowl?). Then we decided to go home and cook dinner and relax. We watched my favourite movie "A Walk to Remember" and of course (like always) I cried and so did Grammy. Papa isn't that emotional when it comes to movies.

On Friday (4th) we decided to go see the newest Harry Potter, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It was great, (but I can't say much else, in case some of you haven't seen it yet), all I can say was, I was not expecting that to happen.

The rest of the week went by so fast it is hard to remember what we did on each day. However, on my last real day in Franklin, Monday June 14, Grammy decided to take me to the Sophisticut Hair Salon & Day Spa because as she put it,

"You need a relaxing day now, before all your wedding planning goes into overdrive. This way you are relaxed at the beginning of the wedding planning and maybe you won't be as stressed."

So, we both got massages (ahh, relaxing), pedicures (as always, my feet were painted in a deep red, Grammy got the French Pedicure, you know what they do for French Manicures but on her feet instead) and we also got our hair cut. Well, I got my hair trimmed and Grammy got hers cut. After that long day, we went back home where I had to finish packing (something I am not usually a fan of, since it means saying good bye).


Now today (June 15, 2004) is the day I am headed back to LA. It is somewhat of a bittersweet moment because I know I really want to be home, but not seeing Grammy and Papa again until maybe, it all depends if Matt wants me to go with him to his family's celebration Thanksgiving is really sad.

It's also sad because I know that Matt won't be able to pick me up from the airport because it isn't the weekend and he is in the studio or his parent's garage all week so there goes my dream of running up to see him and kissing the mess out of him.

I slept really late today like 1:00 P.M. late, but thankfully I got my entire bag packed last night. Once I got up, showered and dressed I moved my suitcase downstairs. I ate my breakfast/lunch, today Grammy had made Crab Cakes with broccoli and a salad with orange peppers in it yummy!. After eating and cleaning my dish, Grammy and Papa said that I should go through the house one last time to make sure I had everything.

After checking every room in the house which took about 45 minutes because I had to check every nook and cranny that I had my stuff in I called Courtney, Alexa and Heather, told them I was about to leave. Then I called Matt, which of course went to voice-mail and I left this message,

"Matt, hey rock star! I am still in North Carolina but I am leaving soon. My flight doesn't leave until 6:45 P.M. but you know how airports are. I love you! Keep working hard on that record, I know it is amazing. Tell the boys 'hey' from me. See you on Saturday, or maybe earlier if Daddy lets me go to the studio. I love you so much! Oh! Just so you know, my shirt today says, 'I love my fiancé' Well, I got to go, bye."

So, after I left my voice-mail for Matt, all of us Grammy, Papa and I piled into Papa's BMW and were on our way to Asheville. We got there at 4:15 and then we said our goodbyes. I checked in and then waited.

My flight left Asheville at 6:45 P.M. EST and then it landed in Atlanta at 7:50 P.M. EST. I had to wait until 9:15 P.M. EST to leave Atlanta although since it was Atlanta and NOT Asheville, there was more to do After that, it was a straight shot to LAX, where it landed at 10:57 P.M. Pacific Time.

I walked out of the plane once it was safe and walked through the gate and saw Daddy waiting for me. I didn't run, mostly because I was so tired from switching time zones and it had been a long day. We picked up my bag and then we drove home and I must admit I fell asleep on the way home. Once we finally got home, at 11:40 P.M., I said

"Hi Mama, I love you. Good night Mama."

I went up to my room, tiredly, changed into my pj’s and once I got into my bed, fell right asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wanted to let all of you know how appreciative I am of ALL of you readers. Also, every place I mentioned in this chapter is a real place in Franklin. I also want to let you all know that there is one more chapter and then I am skipping a few months, just so you aren't all like OMG why didn't she tell us?! Thanks for all of your support!

Links
my pajamas
coming home,