Sequel: Our Next Move
Status: completed :D

We Were Both Young When I First Saw You

White Wedding

December 18, 2004 aka Wedding Day!

Since September a lot has happened. We finally got all the invitations sent out, there will be about 250 people at the wedding. We have confirmed all the flowers, cake and dress details. We have arranged all the flights for everyone and have ordered tuxes for all of the boys. We have still been searching for the house, almost done, it is down to two houses and hopefully they will still be on the market after our little honeymoon.

Until then I will be moving into Matt's apartment. All of the stuff I cannot fit into his apartment will remain at my parent's house (man that is strange to think about, considering it was MY house for 18 years).

We have decided to go to Necker Island (Sir Richard Branson's private island) for our honeymoon (don't worry about the money, that is one of my parent's gifts to us). We will be there for 5 nights and 6 days and fly back on December 23 so we will be back for Christmas.

9:00 A.M., getting married in 11 hours.


I woke up this morning with a smile on my face and my cell phone beeping, meaning it had a new text message. I opened up my inbox and saw this:

"My beautiful bride to be, can you believe we will be married in 11 hours? I will see you at the church, don't be late. I love you-Matt"

I quickly sent him one right back

"My dashing husband to be, I cannot wait 11 hours to be yours for all time but I must. I won't be late ;). I will be there; I will be the one in white. I love you too-Ashlyn"

I heard all the commotion downstairs just then and knew who exactly who was making all that noise. It was almost all of my female relatives Matt's female relatives that could make it to the wedding. I made it downstairs and before I could say, "Good Morning", I was attacked with a barrage of questions.

"When are you going to the hair salon?"

"What time should we get to the church?"

"Is your dress already at the church?"

"Where did you tell the florist to put the flowers, here or at the church?"

"Where are the rings?"

"Are you hungry?"

"How are you?"

And so many other questions, I felt overwhelmed.

These questions were never-ending. I finally heard Courtney say,

"Shut up! All of you let the woman breathe!"

When everyone got quiet all I could say was,

"I am hungry."

As soon as I said that, Mrs. Addison and Mrs. Cathleen (Matt's grandmothers) placed a plate in front of me that had fruit on it as well as waffles. They told me about how proud they were that I was marrying their grandson.

After I ate, I told the girls about the plan for the day.

Wedding Day plan
10:00-11:00 A.M.-everyone shower
11:00-12:00 P.M.- eat a small lunch
12:00-1:00 P.M.-call the florist and salon (should not take entire time but just to be sure)
1:00-3:00 P.M.-go to salon and get hair and makeup done
3:30-4:00 P.M.-go to church
4:00-5:30 P.M.-get dressed
5:30-6:30 P.M.-take pictures before ceremony
6:30-7:30 P.M.- pray and relax
8:00 P.M.-wedding starts


So, we all decided to take a shower (well, not all of us, just me, Courtney, Alexa, Heather and Mama).

After I showered I put on my wedding day underwear, picked out by Courtney, Alexa and Heather. It is white panties with Mrs. Sanders written on the butt.
I then put on my clothes for the salon, which included a camisole so that I could take it off easily and that it would be easy to get off after I got my hair and makeup done so when I put on my dress, it wouldn't mess it up.

After everyone ate a small lunch (mostly a salad for everyone), we left to go to Salon Cristophe and I got the full makeover. I got a full body wax ouch, holy crap that hurt like hell! But it will be so worth it. Then I got a French manicure and a pedicure with red nail polish (well, technically it is called Pomegranate). Then it was time for my hair, which was curled a little bit more than it normally is and then it was put into a beautiful up-do.

When I finally saw everyone they thought I would be better off alone for everything so that I wouldn't get stressed with everyone asking me questions and trying to talk over everyone else., I almost cried they were so pretty. But, I knew that I couldn't cry, it would mess my makeup.

Then, we all carpooled to Bel-Air Presbyterian and made our way to the bridal parlor. Once we were there, I wanted everyone to get dressed before me. After each person or group of people got dressed they were to go to the photographer and have their picture taken.

First to get dressed were Mrs. Addison, Mrs. Cathleen, Gigi and Grammy. They all looked so pretty and they assured me that I would look even prettier. After they got dressed, it was time for Claire and Mama to get dressed. When they got dressed, I was so happy to have chosen red as the colour of my wedding.

After that, it was time for the flower girls, my little cousin, Hayns (who is 4) and Matt's niece, Evelyn (who is also 4), and the bridesmaids , Courtney, Heather and Alexa.

Then, it was my turn. I was so nervous yet so excited because I was getting married in less than 3 hours. I got dressed and was very careful to not mess up my makeup. When I was finished, I walked out and could literally hear a pin drop. Then once everyone got their jaws off the floor, I heard the comments start.

"Oh Ashlyn, you are so beautiful!"

"Ashlyn, Matt is going to die when he sees you!"

"If Matt weren't marrying you today, I would, just kidding, but I still love you!"

"pwetty Ashwen" that would be my cousin Harris, who is almost 2

Then it was time for my pictures to be taken. After I thought I could smile no more just like Graduation and prom and I made sure to save some smiling for Matt, the photographer said it was time for him to go over to the grooms suite and take pictures of the men. I went back to the bridal parlor and relax.

Time flew and the next thing I knew I heard the early notes of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and I knew it was almost time for the wedding to officially begin. Then, my wedding planner, Mindy Weiss came in and said,

"Ok, let's get this show on the road. Mrs. Lee, Mrs. Sanders, Mrs. Sanders, Mrs. Leach, Mrs. Diamond and Mrs. Diamond, it is time for you to all go into the vestibule the area just outside the doors of the sanctuary.”

After they left, I talked with Courtney, Heather and Alexa and we could not believe I was getting married but our conversation was ended when Mindy came and got both them and Hayns and Evelyn. Shortly after they left, Daddy came in and I could tell he was about to cry.

"Ashlyn, I just want to let you know that I haven't always been there for you, but I am here now and I wanted to let you know that ever since the nurse brought you to me in that little pink blanket in the hospital, you have had me wrapped around your little finger. I cannot believe that this day has come, but I am glad it has."

I knew I couldn't cry but one tear did manage to escape from my eyes. I hugged Daddy and then it was time for us to go. I grabbed my bouquet and then hid off to the side of the doors so when Alexa walked out, I wouldn't be seen. Then I heard the opening notes of Pachelbel's Canon and the doors opened.

I only focused on Matt’s face as I walked down the aisle, although I before that, I got a good look at Jimmy the best man, Johnny, Brian and Zacky, who cleaned up very nicely. He smiled that dimpled smile that makes my insides turn to jello and mouthed "I love you". Of course, I smiled back and mouthed "I love you too".

When Daddy and I reached Matt, I handed my bouquet to Courtney. Dr. Mark Brewer, the minister, started the wedding,

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the presence of God and in the presence of these witnesses, to join Matthew Charles Sanders and Tegan Ashlyn Diamond in matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly – but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace. thankfully no one said anything Now, who gives Ashlyn to be married to Matthew?"

Daddy spoke now,

"her mother and I do."

Then, Dr. Brewer nodded and Daddy let go of my arm and handed me off to Matt and we joined hands and faced towards each other. And, Dr. Brewer started the ceremony.

"Matthew and Ashlyn have requested to start with a traditional Bible verse, 1st Corinthians 13:4-8
'Love is always patient and kind.
It is never jealous.
Love is never boastful or conceited.
It is never rude or selfish.
It does not take offence and is not resentful.
Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins,
but delights in the truth.
It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope,
and to endure whatever comes.'

Out of the corner of my eye I could see all the women in the pews start to cry. It was then time for the wedding vows. Dr. Brewer asked for the rings and both Hayns and Evelyn walked up to him and gave him the rings.

“Repeat after me, Matthew, “I, Matthew Charles Sanders do solemnly swear to take you, Tegan Ashlyn Diamond as my lawfully wedded wife. I promise to take care of you in sickness and in health, to be at your side in sorrow and in joy, in the good times, and to honour you and to cherish you, all the days of my life.”

“I, Matthew Charles Sanders do solemnly swear to take you, Tegan Ashlyn Diamond as my lawfully wedded wife. I promise to take care of you in sickness and in health, to be at your side in sorrow and in joy, in the good times, and to honour you and to cherish you, all the days of my life.” With that he slid my wedding band on and then moved my engagement ring from my right hand to my left hand.

Now, Ashlyn, repeat after me, “I, Tegan Ashlyn Diamond do solemnly swear to take you, Matthew Charles Sanders, as my lawfully wedded husband. I promise to take care of you in sickness and in health, to be at your side in sorrow and in joy, in the good times. I promise to honour you and to cherish you, all the days of my life."

“I, Tegan Ashlyn Diamond do solemnly swear to take you, Matthew Charles Sanders, as my lawfully wedded husband. I promise to take care of you in sickness and in health, to be at your side in sorrow and in joy, in the good times. I promise to honour you and to cherish you, all the days of my life" and with that, I put his ring on his left hand.

"You may now kiss your bride"

and with that Matt grabbed my face and he kissed me. He and I put every ounce of passion we had for one another well as much as we could considering we were in the presence of our family and little children. Once we broke apart, Dr. Brewer started the benediction,

"The Lord bless you and keep you, and make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift up the light of his countenance upon you and give you peace which is my favourite benediction and I now present to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Charles Sanders."

The opening notes of "Christmas/Sarajevo 12/24" started and Courtney gave me my bouquet back and Matt and I made our way out of the church.

We got to the reception around 10:00 P.M. and we were immediately greeted by everyone who cleared the dance floor and Mindy started making a beeline to the DJ. Daddy came over and said it was time for the Father/Daughter dance.

"Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon started playing and before I knew it, the song was over. Then Matt and his mom danced to "Time in a Bottle" and we all smiled.

Soon after Matt and his mom finished, it was time to have our first dance. Matt came over to me and said,

"well, Mrs. Sanders, would you like to dance?"

"I believe I will, Mr. Sanders.

"By the way, Mrs. Sanders,that makes me feel all giddy inside every time he says that or anyone else says that you look beautiful."

Our first dance was "Only Hope", the Switchfoot version. Then, like clock work, the next three songs, "“I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”, “When God Made You” and “You’re Still the One” came on and I almost cried because I saw Matt dancing with Evelyn and Hanys and even Harris and I know one day he will be the perfect father.

I danced with Brian during "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing", Zacky during "When God Made You" and Jimmy during "You're Still the One." Sadly, Johnny and I did not get to dance but don't worry the night is still young.

After that, it was time for some dance music. The “Electric Slide” , The “Macarena” and “The Cha Cha Slide” were played next and I had so much fun. I danced with Courtney, Heather and Alexa, we had so much fun just dancing to these songs.

After that, Matt and I had a little surprise in store for our grandparents. We decided to
play "Breathless" by the Corrs and have them dance. Boy was it funny. They were so cute but still funny, I saw them laughing too so it was all in good fun.

Next Matt looked at Jimmy, Johnny, Brian and Zacky who all winked at him and he went up to the DJ and whispered something in his ear. Next thing I knew, the DJ spoke,

"Ashlyn, in honour of your wedding, Matt and the boys have a special song just for you"

Then I heard the opening notes of "Sweet Child O'Mine" and immediately started to tear up and Matt came over to me and said,

"This is one of my favourite songs off of the Appetite for Destruction album and ever since I met you, I can only see you as the girl in the song. Will you dance with me?" as if I would say no.

Once that was over, it was time for the cake cutting, we cut the cake and then fed each other and thankfully we didn't get any cake on each other. Then we heard the opening notes/lines of "Forever" by John Stamos and we knew it was time for the bouquet toss and garter toss.

I gathered up all the girls and then threw the bouquet over my shoulder and heard the chaos once I threw it. In the end, my Aunt Vanessa caught it which is odd because she is technically already married to my Aunt Joanne, but whatever. We all laughed at that but then it was time for the garter toss.

They placed a chair in the middle of the dance floor and Johnny was the one to hold my hand to lead me to it. He helped me down and Matt was standing there and once I sat down he kneeled down. All the guys made a circle around us and Matt inched his way up my legs and stopped when he saw my garter.

He looked me in the eyes and then with his teeth holy crap that is sexy! started to take my garter down my leg. When he finally took it all the way off, he kissed my lips and then told the boys to get closer together. When they did, he closed his eyes and tossed the garter behind him.

Jimmy caught it in the end and it made us laugh because he had told us he has wanted to propose to Leana for a while now but hasn't figured out how.

After that, it was time for Matt and I's final dance at the wedding, however, we decided to dance with other people. I danced with Johnny and Matt danced with Valary because we are all just friends.

The last dance was "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by the Beach Boys. After that, the DJ announced that we were leaving and how appropriate the song was "Your Body is a Wonderland" by John Mayer.

I cannot believe how much has happened in 15 months; I have met the love of my life, gotten engaged, graduated high school and gotten married. I cannot believe how quickly time has flown by and it is still happening. I cannot believe you wrote me a song. It is hard to believe that we were both young when I first saw you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I cannot believe that this story is over! Don't worry, I have atleast 2 sequels planned.
Links!
Necker Island/
clothes for the salon
Salon Crisophe
Mrs. Addison, Mrs. Cathleen, Gigi and Grammy[/url
[url=http://www.polyvore.com/parental_units/set?id=11292894]Claire and Mama

bridesmaids, Courtney, Heather and Alexa . This is Courtney and if you recognize her it is Courtney01 from here, Mibba.
Matt and A7X
Wedding Rings
Quick Recap of the Reception
Wedding Playlist

Thank you guys:
Courtney01
Such_A_Perfect_Syn
A7XLover
Donnie Darko
Fallin_For_You
EffieXSteffie
Mr. Spanky
TheBlackParader
twilightluv57
miss.razorblade.xx
Just_Nicole
clemsongirl26
MabbittxRocksxVegas
apollyonhasacracker
afunnylookingkid
synfulbleeding
A7xlover2012