Unforgettable?

One

We sat together on the hill near the beach, the waves crashing gently into the shore and the sun falling slowly into the horizon. This night was perfect, just like the many other nights we've sat together in this very spot, the last thing i'd want to do is ruin it, but i had to tell him sometime.I looked up at him, he was focused on the ocean, but he had a smile on his face, the shore breeze waved over his face and he closed his eyes and smiled wider. "Jimmy.", I said turning slightly in his arms, "Yeah?", he asked looking down at me and smiling, it was heartbreaking knowing that i'll never see that smile again. "I need to tell you something, but I don't know where to start.", "you know you can tell me anything," he said removing his arms from around me so i could face him fully. "My mum got a new job....", "well thats hardly a serious issue," he said smiling, "I know but, it's in...New Jersey", i looked away and winced slightly waiting for him to get angry or start protesting against me leaving. Nothing. I looked at him again and instead of a smile on his face he looked completely heartbroken, this made me cry, "Don't cry, Violet, please.", he said pulling me back into a hug, i wrapped my arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder, "but i never want to leave you," , "you know we can keep in touch though, the internet is powerful tool these days.", He laughed again and kissed me like there was no tomorrow, well for us, there was no tomorrow. "We've know eachother for ten years and been together for eight, trust me this won't get in our way,", he said smiling again, "but things will be dull without you here, and when me and the band are off tour I promise i'll come see you,", "i'd love that,", I said kissing him again, "I love you,", i said kissing his cheek, "I love you too", he replied.

Violet's P.O.V

I woke suddenly and sat up in bed. I had the same dream again, the one I have nearly every night. I quickly brushed my hair and made my way downstairs, my mum was in the kitchen making breakfast. "Morning Violet," she sang cheerfully as i sat down at the breakfast table. "Hi Mum,", I replied miserably as she sat down opposite me. "So, mum, I was thinking, since i have a week off next week, could i drive down to California to see Jimmy?", "Honey, It's been two years. Don't you think he'll have moved on by now?", "Mum, you say that as if you never even liked him", "of course i liked him, he was good to you. I'm not saying you should forget him, but maybe it's time you moved on. That nice boy Gerard from next door seems to like you.", "Mum, we hang out and that's all.", "Well, just get to know him a bit better,", "a bit better? Mum, we're best friends, how much closer could we get?", "Well it's obvious he likes you.", "Whatever Mum, i'd better go round to Gerards, he's gonna give me a ride to work.", "Bye hun.", "Later Mum." I said leaving the house.

I looked over the fence to see Gerard leaning on his car waving at me, I smiled and waved back, I was so glad to see him. I walked slowly up his driveway and hugged him, I went to let go but he held onto me for slightly longer. "Dude, your over powering the hug!", I slightly yelled, hitting him lightly on the back, "sorry.", He said laughing, "so lets go shall we?", "lets," I said smiling and sliding into the passenger seat while he started the car, he put in a CD. It was one of the mix CD's i'd made for him 'Cute Without The E' by Taking Back Sunday came blasting throught the speakers. Halfway to work Gerard turned the music down. "So how you getting home tonight?", "I left my car at work last night, it should still be there so i'll drive myself home.", "Okay. Do you have enough gas?", "Gerard, you dont have to worry about me, i'll be fine, really", "yeah well it can't hurt can it?", he snapped. "Are you okay?", I asked showing concern. "Of course not!", he said through gritted teeth, "Iv'e been dropping hints to you ever since iv'e met you, and all you've ever done is shrug it off and act like you don't care, to be honest I don't think our friendship can work out.", "what? If i don't date you? What a fucking selfish way to look at someone, and how dare you say that I don't care! Who was it that sat at your bedside all day, every day when you got the flu and ended up getting it themselves? Me. And who was it that threw you a surprise party that took them four days to prepare and all you did was get wasted and fall asleep on a sofabed? Me. And I didn't even bother when you didn't say thank you. So don't insult others until you take a good look at yourself, those are some of the resons I wouldn't want to date you!", he fell silent and stared out at the road ahead, an ashamed look across his face. I diddn't feel bad, in fact I felt better finally venting out my feelings, we pulled up outside Hot Topic and I climbed out of the car. Before I left I turned and leaned into the window. "Do you know why I love you like a brother?", he shook his head slowly like a child being told off. "it was because I lost my brother, in one of the worst possible ways, and when i told you, you promised to always be there for me. And for once in so many years, I actually felt wanted. Guess you can't even rely on your own brother, huh?", I turned and walked towards the store not looking back, I hoped he felt guilty, I wanted him to think, but mostly, I wanted my 'brother' back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it :]

It might be a bit boring right now but I promise it's gonna get better :D
Comments are appreciated :]

xx <3