Status: Slowly Active. See what's going on with my stories at http://twitter.com/Mappiesmibba

Moonflowers

Chapter 4

Spencer and I gasped. What news this was! This meant that Brendon was the same rank as I was. I now felt a little guilty for not treating Brendon like royalty in the first place. Had I dishonored my family with the way I acted towards our royal guest? Acting like he couldn’t be trusted, not being grateful for saving my life. What a spoiled brat I was! No wonder he had treated me with suck mockery and faux respect. I was ashamed. I did not have an answer for this man, but Spencer surely did.

“What!” he exclaimed. “Why hadn’t you told us before!” Spencer exclaimed again, loudly.
“Well,” Brendon started, “first off, I hope you do not trust me any less than you already do because I had failed to tell you I was royalty, I just did not feel that this minor detail was very important,” he said with a shrug. I nodded, understanding. Spencer was about to say something, but I stuck my hand out towards him to silence him. Spencer was quiet, but perhaps a little ashamed.

“This is not a problem…Brendon.” I said, hesitating to say his name once again. I felt that this was a business matter, and by using his first name I felt like I should be talking to an old friend, but I did not feel that we were that close yet. “We will not be leaving for a good four hours, Brendon, so you may do as you like until that time.” I told him. Brendon nodded but didn’t move. I gave him a strange look, wondering if he did not hear me. That would not make sense though, because he had nodded to me, saying he understood. Brendon seemed to notice my strange look and answered my silent question.

“I was actually hoping to spend some time with you, your highness,” he said, smiling a little bit. “After all,” he started, “What a better way to learn to trust someone, then to get to know them?” he said, a toothless grin on his plump pink lips. I nodded, agreeing to his suggestion. I stood from the table, as I was finished with my meal. Brendon also stood and walked over to me.
“Spencer, would you please call for us when it is around 12’ o clock? We will have to get started pretty early, yes?” Spencer nodded.

“You will be meeting them just outside of the city.“ He said, with a curt nod. Spencer was not pleased with my spending time with Brendon, I could tell, but he had to understand that I would be fine. He can be so over protective sometimes.

“Thank you,” I said with a smile. He began to walk away but I called back for him, “Oh and Spencer, please get dressed in you finest clothes. You will be coming with us as well.” I said, with the same sweet smile. I could tell this made his face light up a little, and I was satisfied. Spencer soon turned to leave. Brendon and I were left alone.

Brendon smiled at me as he held out his arm for me to take. I wrapped my arm around his own arm. “Shall we go?” He asked me, with a smile. I nodded, smiling lightly at him as we began to walk. We didn’t go to any place in particular, but as soon as we were a few minutes into our walk I started to ask Brendon some questions.

“So are you the first in line for the throne?” I asked. This was something that I felt was very important to know. Last night he had mentioned how his kingdom was hoping to join kingdoms together through a marriage, and if Brendon was first in line for the throne, it was most likely I would end up marrying him. Which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, but Jonathon’s beautiful face appeared in my mind and I felt almost ashamed for thinking such things.

In a way Jonathon was courting me. He often showed romantic interest in me, and I often returned it. But at the moment I do not believe neither Jonathon nor I were thinking about marriage right now. Jonathon was also a few years older than me, four years, to be exact. I never really had a problem with it, but I often felt like our age difference created boundaries for us. He after all was already a very successful adult, while I was still finishing my schooling. It was small things like that that made me feel like I wanted someone who was not so old, but he was so amazing I often didn’t even remember that he was twenty years old. He often set me flowers and beautiful gifts. He would always compliment me whenever I saw him, but we had never kissed. That was one of the reasons I was so confused by his actions. He seemed very interested in me, but a hug was really as far as he would go. We started showing interest in each other when I was fourteen. I was only a young girl at the time, and Jon was only just becoming a man. He was only a soldier back then, but I knew he would do something great. When I went down to take care of Triton, he was usually there to say hello to me, but I could not help feeling like there was a boundary between us. That boundary hasn’t seemed to have faded away.

Brendon shook his head, and I looked back up at him as he started speaking, thoughts of Jonathon fading out of my head. “No, I am not. Actually, I am the youngest of five children.” I raised my eyebrows, but if I did so interest or jealousy, I did not know. I had always wanted brothers and sisters, but my parents were unable to have children after me. They had gotten lucky with my birth. They always would talk about how I was their miracle child. It was obvious that Brendon’s parents did not have such a problem. “I have three older sisters and one older brother,” he continued. Oh how lovely, I would have to marry his brother who’s probably much older than him. Of course if he were anything like Brendon I probably wouldn’t mind. Or would I? Only a few hours ago I was holding a dagger in his presence so that I could ensure my own safety. Perhaps it was his loving brown eyes, or his cheerful bright smile that was getting to me, but I had to remember that I had only just met this strange handsome man.

“Oh, Is that so? How old are your siblings?” I asked him, getting more interested in his life by the second.

“My youngest sister is eighteen, the same age as me.”

“Are you twins?” I asked.

He nodded and answer, “Yes, but she’s older than me by a few minutes.” I nodded. If I was jealous of Brendon before, I was even more so now. He was a twin! How exciting!

“My two other sisters are twenty-one and twenty-three, while my brother is just turning twenty-five.” Goodness! His brother was nine years older than me. What an uncomfortable age difference there would be if I were to marry him. “Do you have any siblings?” he then asked me. I shook my head. How jealous of him I was! He looked at me sympathetically, and I just shrugged. At least I had Spencer.

We wandered through the halls talking of politics, our families, and the war that was happening as we spoke. We really did not know where we were going, we just followed each other, but soon we ended up in the stables.

Our arms still connected, we wandered through the almost empty stalls. We soon wandered over to a stall where a chestnut stallion was contently chewing on his breakfast. The horse whinnied affectionately as he saw Brendon enter the room. Brendon chuckled and released my arm to go see what must have been his horse. Brendon stroked the horse’s nose affectionately and I could help but smile. He reminded me of Triton and I. I let out a small gasp. What had happened to Triton? Brendon seemed to notice my sudden change in mood. “What is the matter?” Brendon asked, coming away from his horse and over to me, genuine concern written on the handsome features of his face.

“My horse. What happened to my horse?” I asked, worried about what had happened to Triton. Brendon rubbed my upper back trying to calm me down as he thought about what on earth I was talking about. Brendon looked thoughtful as every worst possible scenario ran through my head, but the one most prevalent was the worst. Oh, how I hoped he hadn’t died. That would be so horrible.

“Well last night your horse was very beaten. He was badly scratched and was bleeding very heavily,” he said. This made me feel even worse, poor poor Triton. He was such a wonderful horse. He always did what he was told and never once disobeyed me. He was always happy to see me and made me feel so loved whenever my parents were not around, and now he was gone. I felt tears come into my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. Not in front of Brendon. “But Spencer sent for a healing potion from the sorcerers saying the royal family was in dire need of one so it should be here by tomorrow.” He finished with a smile on his face. I grinned up at him.
“So Triton will be alright?” I asked with hopeful eyes, Brendon nodded and smiled. I was so overjoyed I wrapped my arms around his middle without even realizing it. Brendon chuckled and wrapped his own arms around me. This wasn’t unusual behavior for me, if Spencer would have told me what he had done, he would have received the hug, but because Brendon gave me the news he received the hug. I was over whelmed in warmth as I sat in Brendon’s arms for a few seconds. I was so warm that I had to pull away. I blushed a little realizing what I just did, but I doubt he could notice because I was extremely hot from the warmth radiating off of him. I gave him a strange look and was about to say something, but a loud bell was suddenly heard throughout the city, meaning that it was now noon. We looked at each other and wordlessly began to walk back to our rooms.

!!!!!!!*!!!!!!

I sat in a sidesaddle position behind Brendon on his beautiful horse, whose name I learned was Bartholomew. We were currently waiting outside of the city gates for Jonathon and his men. They should be here any minute. Spencer, Brendon, and I were all watching the edge of the forest very carefully to see if there was any sigh of Jonathon and his men. A few minutes later we spotted them at the edge of the forest. I waved them over happily and soon their walking horses were forced into a gallop. I grinned as I spotted Jonathon at the very front sitting tall on his young gelding. His smile matched mine as he approached and saw me for the first time in a couple of weeks. I hopped off of Bartholomew as Jonathon and his men came to a stop in front of us. Brendon raised his eyebrows at me as I ran into Jonathon’s muscular arms. He wrapped his arms around me in surprise, but I doubt he cared much. I really had missed him, and with all the pressure that was being put on me I needed someone to be there for me.

“I missed you,” I whispered into his ear. I could feel his grin grow as he stroked my hair with a gloved hand.

“I missed you too.” He said into my ear, goosebumpps appearing on my skin as I felt his warm breath hit my neck. We soon remembered that we were not alone when Spencer cleared his throat politely, but just rude enough to get my attention. I’ll have to thank him later for not letting me embarrass myself further. I pulled away from Jonathon blushing as I saw that everyone’s eyes were on us, and every single pair of eyes had a different feeling inside of them, but the two pairs of eyes that I noticed first were full of jealousy and perhaps disgust. It was now my turn to clear my throat. Spencer and Brendon seemed to soften their eyes, but I was the first to speak up.

“Shall we go?” I asked raising my eyebrows. Everyone seemed to stir a bit and nodded.

“Yes, let us go,” Jonathon said, as he kissed my cheek lightly before pulling me up behind him on his horse. I stood up on the saddle leaning against Jonathon for support as I caught the attention of the soldiers. The soldiers took of their iron helmets, and looked at me intently. I cleared my throat.

“Soldiers, thank you so much for coming to the dire aid of myself and my servants. Your service is appreciated greatly,” I said loudly to the forty men before me. “Please, go and visit your families but make sure you are back inside the castle courtyard by dusk. Most of you will be protecting the city wall, but before then my good friend, Prince Brendon Urie of The Eastern Kingdom, will be briefing you on your enemy.“ I said looking back a Brendon who waved and smiled at all of the men. Them seemed to find him a bit strange, but most acknowledged him by nodding their head. “Thank you all! Enjoy the rest of the afternoon!” I said, sending them on their way. The men around me soon disappeared into the city to find their loved ones. I went to get down from the saddle but I ended up slipping. I shut my eyes expect to hit the ground, but I had found that I had fallen into a pair of arms. I peeked my eyes open to see Jonathon looking down at me smiling. I grinned up at the beautiful man, and sat up in his arms. I pecked his cheek with my lips in thanks, as I maneuvered myself onto the back of the saddle and wrapped my arms firmly around Jonathon’s iron plated waist. He sent the horse into a gallop as he went to catch up with Brendon and Spencer who were much farther ahead than they had expected. The horse slowed on Jonathon’s command right alongside my two friends. I smiled at them, but they didn’t seemed to return the gesture. I cleared my throat again, and all three men turned to look at me.

“Jonathon, this is Prince Brendon, he has come to aid us in war against the vampires,” I said, introducing Jonathon to Brendon. Jonathon smiled at Brendon, and Brendon weakly returned it. The rest of the way to the castle there was no words spoken between the four of us. As we came into the castle courtyard, we dismounted the horse Jonathon was riding, and handed him off to a servant who would lead him to the stables. Jonathon led me over to the doors, but before we entered the castle I turned to Brendon and Spencer. “I’m going to speak to Jon about what my father has said for me to do, then I shall returned to you with my answer.” They nodded in response, not saying a word. I sighed and went to join Jonathon at the castle doors. I didn’t understand what was wrong with those boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
C: I hope you all enjoyed it. I want to thank everyone who has read my story and commented. I really appreciate it. I will most likely be posting at least once a week for you guys because I love you. <3

And the elusive Captain Walker finally appears. What do you think of him? We'll get to know him better later on. Oh and, Ryan will also be appearing in the next chapter, Ryan fans. C; Try not to squeal.

I'm getting ready for this story to be done and over with. I'm trying to focus on this current story, but my mind keeps fading to the ending and the epic sequel (Yes I said sequel. C:) . But you know, comments would help me focus soo much. C;

<3 & peace
MAPPIE